France

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
Ramone

Re: France

Post by Ramone »

I seem to remember England riots in 2011 were pretty bad also.
I read this morning it is also kicking off in Belgium.
They seem to start off with one "peaceful" group demonstrating and turn out with every criminal / looters, ETC ETC joining in.
Sad really !!
jeba

Post by jeba »

It´s a bit like protesting because government doesn´t ban bad weather. The economic situation of France simply seems to require some belt fastening and pulling together. It´s not Macron´s fault that oil prices rose and that there is a double digit unemployment rate. He inherited the latter. The current riots are not only counterproductive as they will lead to additional economic damage but they are also self-conflicting e. g. as they are joined by environmentalists who demand more spending on environment when the original protest was against that very spending (among other things, of course).
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Rioting used to be a national pastime in France and the protesters seemed to always get their own way.
David
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

An arrogant Frenchman? :shock:
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Termites Dream wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:33 pm
Dominic wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:26 pm An arrogant Frenchman? :shock:
I take your point......!! :D

It was more that French people thought him arrogant.....does that increase the arrogant bar? :D

We should not stereotype.
I know we shouldn't, and personally I love the French. I used to love touring the countryside on a push bike back in the 90s.

But some things are just funny. :)
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

The French have been revolting for years.
ApusApus

Post by ApusApus »

Dominic wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:36 pm I know we shouldn't, and personally I love the French.
I do too! I used to work for a French company and really enjoyed it but successive governments don't seem to have worked out how to sort out this kind of situation. They all talked tough but when the tough got going they capitulated …………………………… think farmers strikes, air traffic controllers, etc!

Shane
Lofos-5

Post by Lofos-5 »

Good summary of the situation:

A.