By the time some of you read this, May could be gone....

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
Jimgward

By the time some of you read this, May could be gone....

Post by Jimgward »

All kicking off..... Looks like the conservatives have ditched the DUP and their vote could not bring down the government, along with Rees-Mogg stirring a vote of no confidence....

Sammy Wilson MP - of the DUP on Channel 4, the DUP’s Brexit spokesperson....

ApusApus

Re: By the time some of you read this, May could be gone....

Post by ApusApus »

Watch this space Jimgward, your leftist communist policies won't prevail on this occasion!

Shane
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Shane - how you categorise me as leftist and communist is laughable - what a dunderhead - supping at Hudswell trough!
ApusApus

Post by ApusApus »

No, I have my own trough thanks and you are most certainly a closet commie …………… maybe you should come out?

Shane
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

On a side note I do like how the forum add-on renders tweets. :)
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

ApusApus wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:59 pm No, I have my own trough thanks and you are most certainly a closet commie …………… maybe you should come out?

Shane
Look, disappear, I have made it very plain on here, I wouldn't even vote labour as they're too left wing.... But I shouldn't justify myself to an idiot
ApusApus

Post by ApusApus »

Oh no your views are very clear to the rest of us and at the end of day to which idiot should you justify yourself?

Shane
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

You mirror would be a good place for you to start - either that our bend over and look up
ApusApus

Post by ApusApus »

If only you could spell correctly? :lol:

Shane
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Better cut back on the booze Shane, or stop Trawling
kingfisher

Post by kingfisher »

Jim- Better to remain silent and be thought a fool- than to post- and remove all doubt.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

A fool can be a wise person... You and Shayne, idiots together...
ApusApus

Post by ApusApus »

Oh dear jim, you really are sinking into the pit of despair!

And as for you HiC, maybe you should have used your vote when you had the chance instead of winging like a stuck pig after the event? :lol: :lol:

Shane
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

AA
What's wrong in being a communist; my wife grew up in the old Soviet Union and many of her family still hanker back to the good old days when they all had jobs and had a good standard of living. Now under capitalism they struggle to make ends meet, can't afford to buy their kids good winter clothing and basics like a sack of flour costs nearly a week's pay.
It's best to experience something before choosing to be critical of it.

Jim
outasite

Post by outasite »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:16 am Concensus amongst Thursday's newspapers is that May is heading for the chop. She managed to cajole/bully/threaten the cabinet into line yesterday, but now that they've left the comfy surroundings of No.10, they're likely to plot/rebel against her. Robert Peston's view is that this deal will not get through Parliament anyway. Scotland is now complaining that Northern Ireland will have an unfair trading advantage.

And if May is ousted, what then? Doesn't bear thinking about.

A right dog's dinner. Thank you Brexiteers ;)
Don't thank the Brexit voters. Thank the politicians who, en masse, have made a pigs ear of the whole thing. They have had 20 months to reach amicable agreement and in all that time they have fought amongst themselves to achieve something that is best for them personally. I voted leave, but the politicians have made that totally irrelevent with their in fighting, back sliding, and giving away each and step to the EU. We are a country that became a member State of the EU through lies and subterfuge, we obeyed every single rule or law thrown at us, we paid every single penny agreed, and in the end, why. We will still be tied to the EUs apron strings but without a voice. What a total waste this has all been.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Hudswell wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:10 am
Jimgward wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:55 pm Shane - how you categorise me as leftist and communist is laughable - what a dunderhead - supping at Hudswell trough!
I seem to be your "preferred focal Point" when discussing your views, I would appriciate it if you could keep me out of your petty feuds please,. I have no issue with discussing issues directly with you but being held up as your "Right Wing" poster boy is both insulting and tiresome.
Unfortunately Hudswell it goes with the territory; I was dragged into the Light at the end of the tunnel post and I've not even contributed on that.

Jim
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

outasite wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:59 am
Happy in Cyprus wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:16 am Concensus amongst Thursday's newspapers is that May is heading for the chop. She managed to cajole/bully/threaten the cabinet into line yesterday, but now that they've left the comfy surroundings of No.10, they're likely to plot/rebel against her. Robert Peston's view is that this deal will not get through Parliament anyway. Scotland is now complaining that Northern Ireland will have an unfair trading advantage.

And if May is ousted, what then? Doesn't bear thinking about.

A right dog's dinner. Thank you Brexiteers ;)
Don't thank the Brexit voters. Thank the politicians who, en masse, have made a pigs ear of the whole thing. They have had 20 months to reach amicable agreement and in all that time they have fought amongst themselves to achieve something that is best for them personally. I voted leave, but the politicians have made that totally irrelevent with their in fighting, back sliding, and giving away each and step to the EU. We are a country that became a member State of the EU through lies and subterfuge, we obeyed every single rule or law thrown at us, we paid every single penny agreed, and in the end, why. We will still be tied to the EUs apron strings but without a voice. What a total waste this has all been.
Outside
You can't say you're surprised though, can you?
Party always comes before people no matter what side of the devide you're on. We've all wasted over two years of our lives arguing about something none of us have any control over when we could have spent it on something far more important like football 😊

Jim
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

I see Dominic Raab has resigned.

Jim
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Labour will not back the vote -according to Keir Stammer - the SNP won’t back it.... and likely the DUP won’t - with a serious number of Tory dissenters, it hasnt a chance of going through parliament.

What now?

No deal and disaster - or a new vote
WHL

Post by WHL »

Taxi for Prime Minister May