Saudi Arabia

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
Jimgward

Re: Saudi Arabia

Post by Jimgward »

Oooooo I say, the UK are revoking the visas of the suspects who allegedly executed Khashoggi

We are flexing out muscles..... what next, a Harrods tax on them?
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Yes, that was a dreadful insult to the son.
Absolutely disgusting treatment!
But we will still keep supplying Saudi with an income, no doubt 🤑
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

I guess you need to balance of the Saudis human rights abuse and murder of a journalist, against the jobs and livelihoods of all the British employees in the Defence industries and suppliers that are having their jobs threatened.
WHL

Post by WHL »

bromerzz wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:54 am I guess you need to balance of the Saudis human rights abuse and murder of a journalist, against the jobs and livelihoods of all the British employees in the Defence industries and suppliers that are having their jobs threatened.
Turn a blind eye to it, and we are no better than them.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

It's time the developed nations like the US, UK, France and Germany, realised that business has a moral undertaking. We cant do it at any cost - yes, jobs depend on it.... Raytheon in Fife were across the road from where I used to work. They supply most of the guided missile systems the Saudis use in the Yemen. People killers. The UK used to be No.1 in producing land mines - a horrible concept - world leaders in death. We need to take the hit on the affect turning this business away will have.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

I hope this link works but yes, yes and yes..... also note that during this magnificent speech, the lady wasn't interrupted one single time!

Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

An excellent resume of the situation in Saudi Arabia and what the UK should do about it. The only pity is that the house was not very full to hear this summary. No doubt, this speech will be pulled apart by the right-wingers who want to sell more and more lethal arms to Saudi Arabia, so that another million kids in the Yemen can starve to death.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Great speech that should be seen as party independent in views. Anyone who disagrees with reasonable suggestions to punish this regime, is a collaborator.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Al Jazeera English news currently reporting "a source in the Turkish Attorney General's Office said their investigative team found traces of hydrofluoric acid and other special chemicals inside the Saudi Consul House" apparently used in dissolving the body of Kashoggi :-(