Nothing whatsoever to do with Cyprus...

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
Jimgward

Re: Nothing whatsoever to do with Cyprus...

Post by Jimgward »

He’s a pompous twit who thinks his views on life are more important than anyone else’s. Spoiled and detactched from reality.

They should bypass him and his brothers and give the monarchy to his sister or his sons.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Breaking news its 2018 not 1218, people should have more respect for themselves, and not bow and scrape to a bunch of inbred european families.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

I have moved this thread to the Politics section.

Have fun!
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Surprised it hasn't gone to the bin with Jim's language :-(
Trev..
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

A quick addition to the word censor soon sorts that out. twit now becomes twit.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Someone who said his aim in life was to become Camillas Tampon......yeb you continue to tug your forelock, some of us have a thing called self respect :lol:
WHL

Post by WHL »

Hudswell wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:37 pm Now who is living in the past?....you continue to tug whatever you want....and I will continue to respect and honour the traditions that has made my county great....old fashioned concepts perhaps....but they have survived the test of time....and will continue to do so.
So great that you dont want to live there.......Priceless :roll:
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

That's nonsense. I live in Cyprus but am still perfectly happy to be called British and proud to be. Every country or nationality has it's idiots, both rich and poor.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Dominic wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:54 pm That's nonsense. I live in Cyprus but am still perfectly happy to be called British and proud to be. Every country or nationality has it's idiots, both rich and poor.
Same here, And Britain is a great country, but its great for many things, that have nothing to do with Prince Charles in my opinion.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

And yet, you don't want to live there...

You see? That's where your comment to Hudswell falls down.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Hudswell, you are nothing if not predictable. A loyal servant indeed. Cap doffing in the extreme. You’d have made a proud leader whistling his men over the top ”for king and country”
WHL

Post by WHL »

Pride in being led by Tampon boy.....Loving it :lol: :lol: :lol:
WHL

Post by WHL »

If anyone wants to see how these rich benefits scroungers live...google Prince Edwards house, and see how this, ''never did a days work in his life scrounger'', lives on the back of hard working folk.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

I have to agree with Lloyd.

Personally I do not think that Charles is fit to be our King, nor Camilla our Queen. I believe that they way Diana was treated, purely as a brood mare, was nothing short of shameful. I do think that William would be a very able successor to The Queen, and should be. I do not think that many people have much respect for Charles or Camilla, her hats alone must cost us a fortune.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
ApusApus

Post by ApusApus »

WHL wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:54 pm Pride in being led by Tampon boy.....Loving it :lol: :lol: :lol:

About sums up your level of humour really! :(

Shane
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

I can't see how Charles could realistically be the leader of the c of e.
But is there any precedent for a monarch retiring?
WHL

Post by WHL »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:29 am
WHL wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:54 pmPride in being led by Tampon boy.....Loving it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did he also not once say he aspired to being the saddle on Camilla's pushbike :lol:

Personally I have great respect for the Queen and to a lesser extent the Duke of Edinburgh. Plenty too for Wills and Harry, but none whatsoever for Charles and Camilla. I don't think it's hard to see why the Queen does not wish to relinquish her crown to Charles. She's his Mum, she knows even more than we do.

Would I die for any of them? Not a cat in hells.
I think the biggest clue that, charlie boy is as thick as the tree's he talks to, was the fact he used to get out of Diana's bed to sneak into Camilla's bed.. :shock:
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

You shallow, shallow man. If you can only see the beauty of a woman by the makeup she wears and the way she brushes her hair, then you are missing out on one of the true pleasures and enigmas of life.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Dominic wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:48 am You shallow, shallow man. If you can only see the beauty of a woman by the makeup she wears and the way she brushes her hair, then you are missing out on one of the true pleasures and enigmas of life.
For Charlie it suited his needs to marry Diana, then use her to have an heir, discard her like rubbish,then returning to Camilla, whos shallow?
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Well, it would appear that there are two factions - the Monarchists, who will never concede there to be anything wrong and it is tradition, based on history, and shouldn’t change....

Then there are Republicans who would scrap the monarchy tomorrow.

I sit somewhere in between, although granted more towards the Republican side. I would keep the monarchy for the time being, the Queen does do a good job. As does Anne and a few others.

I’d bypass Charles as that will, in my opinion, call for the end of the monarchy. He isn’t fit to lead a donkey. He’s not very bright, but considers himself to be so. A dangerous combination. Much like Trump.

I’d also scrap the civil list for the minor royals and the likes of Andrew, Edward et al. Like they did in Denmark, they should tell them to get jobs.

By all means continue with William. He seems a decent chap and someone I’d doff my cap to out of respect for his position.

The days of monarchy are, however, numbered. The complete Royalists tend be the over 60’s and the faction in NI. The younger generations care not.

While a dignitary contributes to society, then I can see a respect and love. When they overstep the mark or show themselves out of touch or a total snob, like Charles and his brothers, then no wonder a lot of the populace are dismayed by them and their antics.