Is Trump mentally ill?

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
OhSusana

Is Trump mentally ill?

Post by OhSusana »

Often regarded as the leader of the "free world", the President of America, needs to have all his wits about him.
More and more people are suggesting that Trump has a mental illness.
I just read an article in The Independent.
'Malignant narcisissm': Donald Trump displays classic traits of mental illness, claim psychologists
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style ... 52661.html
I find the contents of the article frightening. It seems Trump indeed has Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

If true, then there is indeed a madman in the White House. An interesting article.
cyprusgrump

Re: Is Trump mentally ill?

Post by cyprusgrump »

OhSusana wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:42 pm Often regarded as the leader of the "free world", the President of America, needs to have all his wits about him.
'Malignant narcisissm': Donald Trump displays classic traits of mental illness, claim psychologists
I find the contents of the article frightening. It seems Trump indeed has Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

If true, then there is indeed a madman in the White House. An interesting article.
You may not be aware that nobody bought The Independent (the most laughably ill-named newspaper in the world) so they stopped producing the print version some time ago...

So now it is just on-line they publish click-bait articles like this to please advertisers...

I'm guessing that many visitors to their site are following links from other sites mentioning how ludicrous the content is...
keving

Post by keving »

OhSusana wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:42 pm Often regarded as the leader of the "free world", the President of America, needs to have all his wits about him.

You should have posted in the Politics for Moderates section where you might have got a discussion on the content of the article, rather than a put down of the media in which the article was published. Just sayin' :-)
Conoflex

Post by Conoflex »

You could theoretically question the sanity of anyone who craves power, but he is no less sane than Merkel and certainly doesn't have as much Muslim blood on his hands as Bush and Blair
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Churchill was an alcoholic, and Hitler only had one ball*. Would anybody who was truly sane and happy in life actually want to be a PM or president?

* the other was in the Albert Hall.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
OhSusana

Post by OhSusana »

Dominic wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:27 pm Churchill was an alcoholic, and Hitler only had one ball*. Would anybody who was truly sane and happy in life actually want to be a PM or president?

* the other was in the Albert Hall.
Interesting point of view! Slightly depressing - but still -
Are their any leaders in the world who do not crave power?
I very much like the Swiss political system. Power is spread. The opposite of Putin or Erdogan. And maybe Trump...

I am reminded of a saying of the great Mahatma Gandhi -
As for the best leaders, the people do not notice their existence.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Even Gandhi wasn't perfect. He was quite chummy with Hitler.
outasite

Post by outasite »

Funny how these traits seem to be noticed only now that he is President.
kingfisher

Post by kingfisher »

Dominic- are you saying that Hitler was unbalanced because he only had one ball?
(Nigel Farage is similarly challenged- yet he is always on the ball....)
Wallace

Post by Wallace »

Trump is sane. He is testing the temperature of the water, and is naturally provocative!
I like many of the things he has said, he needs to work on the methodology.
Am sick however of the U.K. Petitions and demonstrations. Why does the UK have the right to influence US politics?
What would the UK say if the reverse were the case?
Give him a chance.
OhSusana

Post by OhSusana »

outasite wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:12 pm Funny how these traits seem to be noticed only now that he is President.
Nobody cared before. He was just some rich dude who liked to "grab women by the pu@@y".
He's never been a politician - nothing. Just a rich dude.
I lived in NY for several years and never gave a thought to him - but now -
well, he has his finger on the nuclear trigger. What happens when he's in a really bad mood? We might all find out!
OhSusana

Post by OhSusana »

As if on cue, I was looking for a different article, but found this -

Finger on the button: should Trump's nuclear weapons access be restricted?
https://www.theguardian.com/science/bra ... restricted

"US congressmen are proposing a bill to restrict President Trump’s access to nuclear weapons.."
johnoddy

Post by johnoddy »

kingfisher wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:21 pm Dominic- are you saying that Hitler was unbalanced because he only had one ball?
(Nigel Farage is similarly challenged- yet he is always on the ball....)
KF, You do realise Sir Nige is Dominic's hero?....could be the Naughty Step for you!
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

You just want some company.
keving

Post by keving »

Wallace wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:24 pm Trump is sane. He is testing the temperature of the water, and is naturally provocative!
I like many of the things he has said, he needs to work on the methodology.
Am sick however of the U.K. Petitions and demonstrations. Why does the UK have the right to influence US politics?
What would the UK say if the reverse were the case?
Give him a chance.
Easy for you to say, as a Brit expat venting off on a Cyprus expat forum ... but your tune would be different if you were American living in the US.

Give him a chance. My ar s. Tell that to the 52% who didn't vote for this dinosaur.
Wallace

Post by Wallace »

I am a European venting as you say Keving, with at the moment, every right to express an opinion, his vote was similar to the Brexit vote, still doesn't stop intelligent reasoned debate.
keving

Post by keving »

Wallace wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:19 pm I am a European venting as you say Keving, with at the moment, every right to express an opinion, his vote was similar to the Brexit vote, still doesn't stop intelligent reasoned debate.
I look forward to it Wallace.

You say give him a chance. I dont know why you say that.

I say good riddance to him as soon as possible .. and the back up to my stance is the American people who voted by a clear margin against him.
Wallace

Post by Wallace »

Not according to the American system of voting. He won fair and square. It is no different to the UK, where UKIP gained more votes than the SNP, but only returned 1 MP. Would you rather have anti UK Clinton?
keving

Post by keving »

Wallace wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:30 pm Not according to the American system of voting. He won fair and square. It is no different to the UK, where UKIP gained more votes than the SNP, but only returned 1 MP. Would you rather have anti UK Clinton?
I have not commented on the American system of voting. Trump won legitimately. But I do believe that it should not be forgotten that 52% of the American voting public voted for Clinton. Trump received a minority of votes ... let's hope he out in 4 years time
ApusApus

Post by ApusApus »

Wallace wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:30 pm Not according to the American system of voting. He won fair and square. It is no different to the UK, where UKIP gained more votes than the SNP, but only returned 1 MP. Would you rather have anti UK Clinton?
Quite right, he won by their system & seems to be implementing what he pledged in his campaign so they can't complain really!

Shane