Trump gets tough on terrorists

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
geoffreys

Trump gets tough on terrorists

Post by geoffreys »

Looks like he is going to authorize water-boarding etc - he says fighting fire with fire against those barbaric terrorists who
behead people etc.
How refreshing! At last someone in the "west" is going to get tough against these people.
Geoff.
Uncle D

Re: Trump gets tough on terrorists

Post by Uncle D »

Yea, lets lower our standards and be like them.
David
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

And all the innocent ones as well.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
panoscouse

Post by panoscouse »

It would be more refreshing if he put his own house in order first to stop the slaughter of hundreds of innocent school children each year.
No doubt interfering in other countries affairs deflects the attention from the grieving parents at the school gate whilst a gun toting patriot walks past proudly displaying a flag and shouting USA, USA.
geoffreys

Post by geoffreys »

Dominic wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:18 am And all the innocent ones as well.
A price to pay these days I am afraid. It is for the safety/security of all of us "westerners/Christians".
Geoff.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

I don't think the heads of the Christian churches would agree with you. Mind you, some of the odder ones in the US probably would.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

:lol: And I don't mean by that that you are odd. I appreciate it could be read as that.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Interesting dilemma. For those opposed to waterboarding etc. would you change your mind if a loved one's life could be saved by the use of these methods?
Jersey

Post by Jersey »

geoffreys wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:13 am Looks like he is going to authorize water-boarding etc - he says fighting fire with fire against those barbaric terrorists who
behead people etc.
How refreshing! At last someone in the "west" is going to get tough against these people.
Geoff.
Interesting view from some one who lives in an Occupied area ??? Do those UN resolutions mean anything ??
geoffreys

Post by geoffreys »

Jersey wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:41 pm
geoffreys wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:13 am Looks like he is going to authorize water-boarding etc - he says fighting fire with fire against those barbaric terrorists who
behead people etc.
Geoff.
Interesting view from some one who lives in an Occupied area ??? Do those UN resolutions mean anything ??
Look, I do not live in the occupied area. The house we have there is unfurnished and not rented out either. It was bought as an investment .
Like Trump I regard the UN as obsolete along with NATO.
He says fight fire with fire - damned right.
Geoff.
keving

Post by keving »

For those in favour of waterboarding, maybe you should listen to "Mad Dog" Mattis, who says waterboarding has never been useful.

Cue Prima Donald maintaining the beer and cigarettes approach.
geoffreys

Post by geoffreys »

keving wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:29 pm For those in favour of waterboarding, maybe you should listen to "Mad Dog" Mattis, who says waterboarding has never been useful.

Cue Prima Donald maintaining the beer and cigarettes approach.
Called "Mad Dog" for a reason....
(not the full shilling etc).
;)
Geoff.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

To the do-gooders I would say, that if any of you had to experience the hacking off of your own Son's head by so called ISIS, you may feel differently, although there again, maybe not.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
johnoddy

Post by johnoddy »

The likes of you leftie luvvies make me laugh, you sit there behind your plastic keyboards typing the drivel that you do and only because squaddies put their lives on the line to make it possible.
How do you think so many terrorist attacks were stopped in the 70’s and 80’s, do you think IRA bomb makers were sat down, given a cup of tea and invited to discuss the chuffing weather?
I may not be the most sociable of people but I’ve lived in the real world and know that, sometimes, you have to go that extra mile to achieve results, if I and others like me hadn’t then the world would be a lot less safer than it is and countless innocent lives lost.
Within one year of the Brighton bombing and Maggie making “The gloves are off” speech the IRA were within six months of annihilation and it was only because of the hand-wringing left that it stopped there.
The next time you look at your kids and grandkids just be thankful for those squaddies that did get the results and stop wimpering about the terrorist’s human rights, they gave them up when they became mass murderers.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Johnoddy

Great post, well said.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
keving

Post by keving »

Firefly wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:48 pm To the do-gooders I would say, that if any of you had to experience the hacking off of your own Son's head by so called ISIS, you may feel differently, although there again, maybe not.

Jackie
You might want to have a word with Theresa May then
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Keving

Why ?

Jackie
keving

Post by keving »

Firefly wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:16 pm Keving

Why ?

Jackie
As you have given an open message to "do-gooders", presumably you include Theresa May in that category as she is against waterboarding?
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

keving wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:08 pm
Firefly wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:48 pm To the do-gooders I would say, that if any of you had to experience the hacking off of your own Son's head by so called ISIS, you may feel differently, although there again, maybe not.

Jackie
What about Mr. Corbyn, has he expressed an opinion on torture?
keving

Post by keving »

Jimgym wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:34 pm
keving wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:08 pm

Jackie
What about Mr. Corbyn, has he expressed an opinion on torture?
Not that I've heard recently, but Theresa May is more pertinent as she is meeting Trump tomorrow.