BREXIT - Walk Away!!

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
WHL

Re: BREXIT - Walk Away!!

Post by WHL »

Firefly wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:21 pm Nope, WHL will never admit he's wrong, he just backs off, or should that be 'walks away' :roll:

Poppy, I find his insults the thing only thing on these threads that's extreme.

Jackie
Walks away :shock: Insults, Firefly can you please show me where I have insulted you, many thanks...
Poppy

Post by Poppy »

Give up Amos he will never admit he is wrong!! A bit like the EU methinks!
Jackie you know what they say about sticks and stones - bullies will never worry me!
WHL I think you will find that Jackie was referring to the fact that you insulted me - understand now?
Last edited by Poppy on Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Poppy wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:32 pm Give up Amos he will never admit he is wrong!! A bit like the EU methinks!
Jackie you know what they sat about sticks and stones - bullies will never worry me!
WHL I think you will find that Jackie was referring to the fact that you insulted me - understand now?
Please show me where I insulted you?
2QuarterPints

Post by 2QuarterPints »

Dare I suggest that if we are forced into a position where have to just walk away, the big individual EU companies e.g. car manufacturers will either just start to bypass the EU agreements and start knocking on our door, or they will exert extreme pressure on their own governments to make the EU do something, and very rapidly. The companies will not be prepared to sit back and start losing millions of Euros in lost trade with the UK just because the EU says that they have to. At the end of the day, the mega-bureaucracy that the EU now is, started out as the Common "Market" and market forces will be the driver going forward. I can't imagine that the Boards of the massive firms involved will be consoled by something along the lines of "you have lost the extremely lucrative UK market but you can soon trade with whatever basket case economy is being lined up to be next in line to join the EU".
Poppy

Post by Poppy »

WHL - I don't think there should be any need for me to show you but as you are being deliberately obtuse then here goes--

"Il explain it very simply so even you can understand." Do you not find that to be just a tad insulting hmmm?

D&PG - excellent post!
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Poppy

Quite so, but maybe WHL doesn't understand, poor old soul.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Poppy wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:47 pm WHL - I don't think there should be any need for me to show you but as you are being deliberately obtuse then here goes--

"Il explain it very simply so even you can understand." Do you not find that to be just a tad insulting hmmm?

D&PG - excellent post!
You asked me to Explain, so I explained it as simply as I could, If you think thats an insult, then with respect maybe your a Tad too sensitive for a public forum?
WHL

Post by WHL »

Firefly wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:07 pm Poppy

Quite so, but maybe WHL doesn't understand, poor old soul.

Jackie
Whos throwing the insults now....whats the words im looking for...yea Pot kettle etc etc ;)
outasite

Post by outasite »

WHL wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:50 pm Amos, does it really matter if its illegal or not...the damage will be the same, listen im a pro leave merchant....but to just walk away will be Idiotic in the extreme, the fall out will be massive and it would take decades to sort the mess out..better for everyone that a fair solution is agreed on. and I stand by my remarks that only a Banana republic would decide to walk away.
Sadly, whilst the likes of Druncker are in the driving seat of the EU negotiating team, there will be no fair solution for the UK. Our negotiators must stand firm and not let this man bully them into screwing the UK. He is an odious man with only his own interests at heart.

D & PG Great post and very succinctly put.

Another thing, I have always thought the Presidency of the EU Commission is a six month revolving period for each memeber State. Has Druncker overruled this as well???
kingfisher

Post by kingfisher »

The presidency of the Council of the European Union rotates every six months through the member states; the presidency of the EU itself is a longer term post, several years at least.
WHL

Post by WHL »

outasite wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:10 pm
WHL wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:50 pm Amos, does it really matter if its illegal or not...the damage will be the same, listen im a pro leave merchant....but to just walk away will be Idiotic in the extreme, the fall out will be massive and it would take decades to sort the mess out..better for everyone that a fair solution is agreed on. and I stand by my remarks that only a Banana republic would decide to walk away.
Sadly, whilst the likes of Druncker are in the driving seat of the EU negotiating team, there will be no fair solution for the UK. Our negotiators must stand firm and not let this man bully them into screwing the UK. He is an odious man with only his own interests at heart.

D & PG Great post and very succinctly put.

Another thing, I have always thought the Presidency of the EU Commission is a six month revolving period for each memeber State. Has Druncker overruled this as well???
I think in the end sense will prevail and an agreement will be reached.
Poppy

Post by Poppy »

Not sensitive at all WHL and I will continue to post on this forum even though you don't think I should.
May I just say to have a decent debate you or anyone else for that matter needs to accept when they are wrong( as in illegal) and not resort to insults when they are clearly in the wrong and if you cannot see that what you said was an insult then I suggest you should think again.
To win an argument you need to be clear,factual and logical,none of which applies to your posts so heh guess what? You lose!
PS it might also help if you brushed up on your grammar and spelling too!( need a clue? Your or you're - get it?)
WHL

Post by WHL »

Loving it the best laugh Ive had all day,,, :lol: Did I miss the message where you were made the Forums Grammar Policeman.. :roll: ..I bet you were miss popular at school? not ;)
June

Post by June »

I had to smile yesterday when I read that Amazon & Apple are to be pursued by the EU for back taxes.

Amazon has been ordered to repay €250m (£221m; $293m) in back taxes after the European Commission said it had been given an unfair tax deal in Luxembourg.

At the time the deal was struck, Jean-Claude Juncker, the European Commission's president, was the prime minister of Luxembourg.

You couldn't make it up, could you :(

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41497459
Poppy

Post by Poppy »

Yes I saw that June! Just affirms to me that we made the right decision and they are also now trying to tell us that we are deporting too many EU citizens illegally- out of work, no home and living rough, committing crimes and they say we should not be deporting them!

WHL - pleased I gave you a laugh - laughter makes the World go around!
Varky

Post by Varky »

WHL wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:43 pm Loving it the best laugh Ive had all day,,, :lol: Did I miss the message where you were made the Forums Grammar Policeman.. :roll: ..I bet you were miss popular at school? not ;)
Comments like this add nothing to the discussion and say more about the poster. If you can't win an argument by intelligent discussion then resort to sarcasm, arrogance etc. etc.
exodus

Post by exodus »

Varky wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:09 am
WHL wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:43 pm Loving it the best laugh Ive had all day,,, :lol: Did I miss the message where you were made the Forums Grammar Policeman.. :roll: ..I bet you were miss popular at school? not ;)
Comments like this add nothing to the discussion and say more about the poster. If you can't win an argument by intelligent discussion then resort to sarcasm, arrogance etc. etc.
I am quite new to this forum so do not know the various members.
However, I am surprised he is allowed to continue posting such rubbish.
Amos.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Looks like the Lynch mob are out. :lol:
Royal

Post by Royal »

exodus wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:33 am
I am quite new to this forum so do not know the various members.
However, I am surprised he is allowed to continue posting such rubbish.
Amos.
Amos,

It’s good to have you as a regular poster on the Forum. Your posts are often thought provoking, always measured and are well argued. We may not always agree, but that’s what Forums are about - an exchange of views.

Unfortunately, there are some posters who offer nothing but one liner jibes which adds nothing to the discussion at hand. I think that you have identified for yourself the sort of Troll I’m referring to...
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

There's a lot of tit for tat name calling back and forth from either party. Each are as much to blame as the other..... Don't get het up about it Amos.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"