Brexit Plans are now being disclosed

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
PhotoLady

Re: Brexit Plans are now being disclosed

Post by PhotoLady »

kingfisher wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:58 am On a lighter note, I was intrigued to learn that he shares Hitler's reputed monorchoidalism- they both have (or had) the misfortune to possess only one testicle. (not that that has anything to do with the topic!)
No, but another Google gives way to consideration and insight regarding his shouting and posturing which I tend to refer to as "short man syndrome" ;)
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

cyprusgrump wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:18 pm
kingfisher wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:58 am I googled "racism" and checked the first five dictionary definitions. I then got the entry for "Nigel Farage" on Wikipedia- moderately long, but worth reading. Based on this research, I agree with Cyprusgrump that he did not say anything "racist" in the campaign, nor indeed is he a "racist", although he is indisputably a patriot. He is married to a German woman and has two children who are also bilingual, and has German ancestry. On a lighter note, I was intrigued to learn that he shares Hitler's reputed monorchoidalism- they both have (or had) the misfortune to possess only one testicle. (not that that has anything to do with the topic!)
Thanks for that...

We (sadly) live in an age where you can be arrested and charged with racist hate crime for merely publishing an opinion on FaceAche... Given the high profile that Nigel has it is inconceivable that he could make racist remarks without having the full force of the law down on him - which he clearly has not.

Sadly the left shout 'racist' so frequently that it has lost all meaning. If you consider it 'racist' to want to control immigration then yes sure, Nigel is a racist. But then so am I and most of the British public too...
This use of this poster in itself, is racist..... When we are talking EU Migration, Farage, as usual, refers to darker skin.....

Or hw he referred to Barack Obama, possibly one of the least offensive presidents, who, along with his family, was never linked to scandal (he may not have been effective....)

Farage said; "That Obama creature - loathsome individual - he couldn’t stand our country. He said we’d be at the back of the queue, didn’t he?"
Conoflex

Post by Conoflex »

Granted that photo might be a bit misleading for British consumption, but I reckon a lot of Germans Austrians and Swedes could relate to it ?

I can't see a lot of women and babies in that throng- it's obviously just a procession of 14 year old boys

As for Obama- Farage has judged him purely on merit, not colour. He might have been the least offensive, but he was also the least effective and he had no right threatening the UK over trade deals- none whatsoever !!!!!!
keving

Post by keving »

If we were to believe some people on this forum, there are no rascists.
Conoflex

Post by Conoflex »

keving wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:30 pm If we were to believe some people on this forum, there are no rascists.
I'll guarantee 100% we have no rascists= whatever they are :?
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

cyprusgrump wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:21 pm
Jimgward wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:41 am Now I don't profess to fully understand this, but apparently this graph represents a really bad view of the UK economy heading downwards. Initial trade booms on a falling pound are expected. But this shows a gap between UK bonds and Sterling, which should not exceed 5%.
I can't read the detail of any axis on your graph - could you post a link to the original...?
cyprusgrump

Post by cyprusgrump »

Jimgward wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:48 pm This use of this poster in itself, is racist..... When we are talking EU Migration, Farage, as usual, refers to darker skin.....
How so racist and where does he refer to darker skin...?
And you are aware of the EU's plans to accept unlimited numbers of immigrants from, well anywhere really and force them on member states in a quota system...?

Is he wrong on that?
Jimgward wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:48 pm Or hw he referred to Barack Obama, possibly one of the least offensive presidents, who, along with his family, was never linked to scandal (he may not have been effective....)

Farage said; "That Obama creature - loathsome individual - he couldn’t stand our country. He said we’d be at the back of the queue, didn’t he?"
I've seen posts flying about about how wonderful and untainted by scandal the Obamas have been...

But Farage is right - he is loathsome (and NOTE he didn't refer to his race) he is possibly the worst POTUS we have ever seen - race relations have suffered terribly under Obama. The country is in a significantly worse state now than when he was sworn in...

He did stick his nose into the Brexit vote that should have been nothing to do with him...

Really, after eight years it is telling that the best thing that can be said about him is that he was 'the least offensive' and didn't have a sex scandal... :roll:
cyprusgrump

Post by cyprusgrump »

Jimgward wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:36 pm
cyprusgrump wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:21 pm
Jimgward wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:41 am Now I don't profess to fully understand this, but apparently this graph represents a really bad view of the UK economy heading downwards. Initial trade booms on a falling pound are expected. But this shows a gap between UK bonds and Sterling, which should not exceed 5%.
I can't read the detail of any axis on your graph - could you post a link to the original...?
Still can't read the axis but i'd say 'potential' is doing a lot of work in that sentence... ;)
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Conoflex wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:16 pm Granted that photo might be a bit misleading for British consumption, but I reckon a lot of Germans Austrians and Swedes could relate to it ?

I can't see a lot of women and babies in that throng- it's obviously just a procession of 14 year old boys

As for Obama- Farage has judged him purely on merit, not colour. He might have been the least offensive, but he was also the least effective and he had no right threatening the UK over trade deals- none whatsoever !!!!!!
MISLEADING? It was deliberately chosen for an EU referendum, with NON-EU migrants, all of whom are black men, looking lie middle-eastern or asian origin. It wasn't a mistake, nor was it chosen by someone else. Farage knew the implication. He is a master of innuendo. He makes remarks constantly, where the implication 'could' be racist, but he doesn't quite cross the line....

As to Obama remark... aye right ye are, furryboots are ye fae?
Conoflex

Post by Conoflex »

To be honest he'd find it difficult to find a "queue" of Eastern European migrants coming to the UK- there are so many avenues and so many ways in it would be hard to group them all together in a photo until they arrive here.They don't have to queue !!!!!!!

The migration policy is as equally ludicrous as the immigration policy
cyprusgrump

Post by cyprusgrump »

Jimgward wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:40 pm
Conoflex wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:16 pm Granted that photo might be a bit misleading for British consumption, but I reckon a lot of Germans Austrians and Swedes could relate to it ?

MISLEADING? It was deliberately chosen for an EU referendum, with NON-EU migrants, all of whom are black men, looking lie middle-eastern or asian origin. It wasn't a mistake, nor was it chosen by someone else. Farage knew the implication. He is a master of innuendo. He makes remarks constantly, where the implication 'could' be racist, but he doesn't quite cross the line....

If you insist that the poster was racist I'd have to ask you why Nigel Farage was not charged or prosecuted for the same...?

Could it be that while you think he is master of innuendo, while you think the implication 'could' be racist (Your scare quotes, not mine) you might just be reading too much into it because (like the rest of the left win media) you don't like him...?
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

cyprusgrump wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:59 pm
Jimgward wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:40 pm

If you insist that the poster was racist I'd have to ask you why Nigel Farage was not charged or prosecuted for the same...?

Could it be that while you think he is master of innuendo, while you think the implication 'could' be racist (Your scare quotes, not mine) you might just be reading too much into it because (like the rest of the left win media) you don't like him...?
Unfortunately, I'm not left-wing media.... :lol:

I think lots of people are asking why he wasn't charged.... it was an obvious attempt to twist the agenda, from EU immigrants to non-EU migrants....

You are also wrong about lots of migrants coming to the UK... on the back of the EU.... the UK always had an ability NOT to accept any migrants....

In fact, Immigration from the EU was slightly up last year and Migration was down.... just when Farage would have all you immigrants believe otherwise :lol:
cyprusgrump

Post by cyprusgrump »

Jimgward wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:11 pm I think lots of people are asking why he wasn't charged.... it was an obvious attempt to twist the agenda, from EU immigrants to non-EU migrants....
I'm sorry, you still have to point out to me what part of that poster is racist...? Perhaps nobody but you saw it and that explains why he wasn't prosecuted for it...? Or perhaps nobody in authority - not even those that are happy to prosecute people for Faceache (sorry, that is Facebook) posts thought it was racist...?

And I'd have to ask you once again if the EU has or has not welcomed unlimited numbers of migrants to the EU...?

And I'd have to ask you have or have not vast numbers arrived in the EU...?

And I'd have to ask if the EU plans to distribute those new arrivals around EU member states...?

And if you can answer 'no' to each of those questions then perhaps the poster was a bit iffy... But racist...?
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Still can't read the axis but i'd say 'potential' is doing a lot of work in that sentence... ;)
Use twitter to go to his site..... this forum limits embedded images to 1024 wide..... quite small nowadays ....

Anyway, the axis are Daily Yield on the left, going from 0 up to 3 and time along the bottom, from Q12014 to Q12017....

I'd say, he was being a typical Reuters Chief Markets Correspondent.... never too opinionated...

Another graph for you....

He does this for a living, apparently..... and he seems to be insinuating that we are in a bit of merdé (pardon the french)
cyprusgrump

Post by cyprusgrump »

Jimgward wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:20 pm
Use twitter to go to his site..... this forum limits embedded images to 1024 wide..... quite small nowadays ....

Anyway, the axis are Daily Yield on the left, going from 0 up to 3 and time along the bottom, from Q12014 to Q12017....

I'd say, he was being a typical Reuters Chief Markets Correspondent.... never too opinionated...

Another graph for you....

He does this for a living, apparently..... and he seems to be insinuating that we are in a bit of merdé (pardon the french)
Ah Twitter... I don't do twitter... and I can't read that graph either...

Perhaps you could give us a synopsis of the content...?
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Ah Twitter... I don't do twitter... and I can't read that graph either...

Perhaps you could give us a synopsis of the content...?
We are fuc*** :lol:
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

I think the blokes summary says enough..... biggest fall in yield since Brexit announced.... the "hard news" isn't being taken well by the markets....
cyprusgrump

Post by cyprusgrump »

Jimgward wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:28 pm I think the blokes summary says enough..... biggest fall in yield since Brexit announced.... the "hard news" isn't being taken well by the markets....
Yes, I see your well made point...

Yet the Pound is up and the FTSE 100 and the FTSE 250 are still at record highs... we're talking highest ever!
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Even other Brexiters distanced themselves from Farage over that poster.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
cyprusgrump

Post by cyprusgrump »

Dominic wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:37 pm Even other Brexiters distanced themselves from Farage over that poster.
Which proves what...?

Did any of them refer the leave campaign to the DPP for racism over the poster...?

Was there any report or charge of racism brought over the poster...?

Given the ghastly litigious environment in which we exist we can only assume that the lack of prosecution means that there was no grounds for any claim of racism based on the poster...