UK pension annual increases for UK citizens in the EU

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
Poppy

UK pension annual increases for UK citizens in the EU

Post by Poppy »

I am surprised that nobody has mentioned the proposals by Theresa May that UK pensioners residing in the EU will still receive the annual increments. I would have thought that this would have been of real interest to a lot of people on here or is it that so many only like to report the negatives or maybe I have missed it?
Lincoln

Re: UK pension annual increases for UK citizens in the EU

Post by Lincoln »

I would think it is because we are all waiting for the actual facts. I do believe that at the present it it is all PROPOSAL's or am I wrong?
All things are possible
WHL

Post by WHL »

Lincoln wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:52 am I would think it is because we are all waiting for the actual facts. I do believe that at the present it it is all PROPOSAL's or am I wrong?
Exactly
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Hudswell wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:51 am Because it's good news Poppy and those that would wish BREXIT to fail don't like those bits....and of course it will have nothing to do with the negotions anyway, it is purely under the remit of the UK Government who it pays its annual increments to, nothing to do,with the EU.
So why haven't the pro Brexit lobby been reporting it then? The op was asking why nobody had reported it. That includes leavers AND remainers.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Poppy

Post by Poppy »

In reply to Dominic,it was very recent news and I thought maybe people
had not heard. In reply to HIC,yes of course it should be your right but only a couple of months ago a lot of remainers were spreading doom and gloom and worrying that increases may not be on the cards as with health care for UK citizens in the EU so I thought reporting a bit of positivity was a good thing but you just cannot win - some report from dubious sources that is negative is pounced on and posted in detail,someting positive is reported from a reliable source and that too is pounced on and pulled to bits!!