Divine retribution?

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
WHL

Re: Divine retribution?

Post by WHL »

Fox hunting isn't my cup of tea, but if some posh inbred likes to dress up and chase them across the country ....then if it keeps the vermin numbers down then go for it.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

They could keep the numbers down by shooting them, not sending the dogs in to tear them to pieces

Trev..
Trev..
jagwheels

Post by jagwheels »

Hopefully those living in Cyprus have finished their evening meal with products bought from the supermarket but what is food?

Take rats for instance. Not attractive & treated as vermin by many (including myself) but
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

PhotoLady wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 6:58 pm My dad used to keep hens when he was in his teens. A fox came and killed some of them.... So, he replaced them and also got a pig and some geese. No more dead hens after that.
We had pigs and geese on the farm and cows and sheep. However the foxes still came and killed the hens.
All things are possible
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Lincoln wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 9:45 pm We had pigs and geese on the farm and cows and sheep. However the foxes still came and killed the hens.
Then I reckon panoscouse already nailed it ;)
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
Cogs123

Post by Cogs123 »

All ' blood sports ' are an abomination & should be permanently banned, it is derisible classing it as ' sport ' when we all know it is about a small minority of like minded individuals & their minions, poncing about the countryside on horseback in their blood colored coats on a soirée.
An excuse for a party & a bit of ' networking'. Of course it's a nice little earner for the minions too.
They should all ' grow a pair ' & admit it instead of trying to fool the rest of us by calling it a 'sport' when we know it is nothing short of being barbaric & inhumane.
As for being vermin, I would argue that the fox has had to adapt to it's changing habitat, & has done so admirably. The same cannot be said for the moronic individual, who in 2016, was caught on film throwing 2 live fox cubs into his hounds kennel & later throwing the dead cubs into his dustbin. :evil: :evil: :evil: ......SPORT.... :shock: ....or even the pretence of it,
Pleeease, give me a break.
There is no place in our society in the 21st Century for this barbaric activity, perhaps they should start hunting each other....
preferably into extinction :lol:
Life is not about waiting for the Storm to pass...
It is about learning to Dance in the Rain
WHL

Post by WHL »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 12:32 am
Bassman62 wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 8:24 pm
WHL wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 7:44 pm Fox hunting isn't my cup of tea, but if some posh inbred likes to dress up and chase them across the country ....then if it keeps the vermin numbers down then go for it.
Sorry but they are not vermin they are living wild creatures.

Living wild creatures? As are Rats? Mice? Flies? Fruit Flies? Mosquitos? I have no compunction about killing all the afore-mentioned. They're vermin, as are pigeons and foxes. I have sticky yellow cards on our fruit trees to catch flies and fruit flies and Insectocutors in our house to kill mossies. What would you do - give them the chance to a peaceful life? Are you happy to see flies alighting on meat in a butchers shop? Or lay larvae in fruit as it ripens?
Good post
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Good post?
More like scraping the bottom of the barrel - because we all know where this is heading.

Just remember, those of you who have spoken out wholeheartedly against fox hunting.

The conservatives want to bring it back and Mrs May is firmly in favour of it!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 26506.html
Cogs123

Post by Cogs123 »

I agree PhotoLady, & about as pathetic as the reasons that the Countryside Alliance & their cohorts come up with every time they try to garner support in bringing fox hunting back......absolutely ludicrous & laughable. :roll:
Life is not about waiting for the Storm to pass...
It is about learning to Dance in the Rain
WHL

Post by WHL »

Yes I think it's a good post, my view, didn't realise ... we had to agree with your your anti fox hunting ..to be allowed a say on this thread.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

PhotoLady wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 1:54 am Good post?
More like scraping the bottom of the barrel - because we all know where this is heading.

Just remember, those of you who have spoken out wholeheartedly against fox hunting.

The conservatives want to bring it back and Mrs May is firmly in favour of it!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 26506.html
How is HiC scraping the bottom of the barrel? I think it is a valid point. How is killing a fox any different from killing a rat? Admitedly,I see no reason to turn it into a sport, but pests and vermin need to be contained. Even deer populations need to be culled occasionally.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Exactly Dominic, vermin and other animals for which it is necessary to be culled are normally dealt with in a manner that is not classed as "sport" as they like to refer to fox hunting. Just where is the skill involved in that particular sport?

Animals which are deemed necessary to cull are not chased by dogs and then torn to shreds when they are caught, whilst the onlookers stand by grinning with pleasure....
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Cogs

Good post, agree wholeheartedly !

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Royal

Post by Royal »

PhotoLady wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 1:41 pm Exactly Dominic, vermin and other animals for which it is necessary to be culled are normally dealt with in a manner that is not classed as "sport" as they like to refer to fox hunting. Just where is the skill involved in that particular sport?

Animals which are deemed necessary to cull are not chased by dogs and then torn to shreds when they are caught, whilst the onlookers stand by grinning with pleasure....
Since we no longer have wolves in the UK, foxes don't have a natural predator which controls their numbers. However, like deer, their numbers need to be controlled and managed - a view which you appear to agree with at face value. So what form of "cull" do you support? Take your pick of the following:

1. Poisoning. Indiscriminate and may therefore affect other wildlife.

2. Shooting. Tried many times in the past but unfortunately tends to just wound foxes which then die a slow and agonising death.

3. Animal traps. Indiscriminate, affects other wildlife and also a painful and agonising form of death.

4. Re-introduce the natural predator - wolves - into the countryside. A silly idea, I know, but no sillier than some of the arguments against hunting.

5. Hunting. This form of control ensures the survival of the fittest and thus the long term future of the species - a basic tenet of nature which (if wolves still existed in the UK) ensured that the diseased, the old and the slow will be the ones which do not survive.

I'm totally with Lloyd on this one. Those who focus purely on fox hunting (presumably) never ever go fishing, swat flies or mosquitoes, never kill spiders or ants and identify with the Ahimsā sect which sweeps the ground in front of wherever they walk so that they don't kill "innocent minuscule wildlife" underfoot.

I take it that you are all good vegans too?

Get real!
WHL

Post by WHL »

Royal wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 9:26 pm
PhotoLady wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 1:41 pm Exactly Dominic, vermin and other animals for which it is necessary to be culled are normally dealt with in a manner that is not classed as "sport" as they like to refer to fox hunting. Just where is the skill involved in that particular sport?

Since we no longer have wolves in the UK, foxes don't have a natural predator which controls their numbers. However, like deer, their numbers need to be controlled and managed - a view which you appear to agree with at face value. So what form of "cull" do you support? Take your pick of the following:

1. Poisoning. Indiscriminate and may therefore affect other wildlife.

2. Shooting. Tried many times in the past but unfortunately tends to just wound foxes which then die a slow and agonising death.

3. Animal traps. Indiscriminate, affects other wildlife and also a painful and agonising form of death.

4. Re-introduce the natural predator - wolves - into the countryside. A silly idea, I know, but no sillier than some of the arguments against hunting.

5. Hunting. This form of control ensures the survival of the fittest and thus the long term future of the species - a basic tenet of nature which (if wolves still existed in the UK) ensured that the diseased, the old and the slow will be the ones which do not survive.

I'm totally with Lloyd on this one. Those who focus purely on fox hunting (presumably) never ever go fishing, swat flies or mosquitoes, never kill spiders or ants and identify with the Ahimsā sect which sweeps the ground in front of wherever they walk so that they don't kill "innocent minuscule wildlife" underfoot.

I take it that you are all good vegans too?

Get real!

Best post of the day
cyprusgrump

Post by cyprusgrump »

Royal wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 9:26 pm I'm totally with Lloyd on this one. Those who focus purely on fox hunting (presumably) never ever go fishing, swat flies or mosquitoes, never kill spiders or ants and identify with the Ahimsā sect which sweeps the ground in front of wherever they walk so that they don't kill "innocent minuscule wildlife" underfoot.
Me too! :shock:

Foxes are vermin - they kill for the sake of killing, not to survive. They'll kill every chicken in a hen house if they get in, they'll kill lambs as they are being born...
ApusApus

Post by ApusApus »

For those against fox hunting follow this link https://www.change.org/search?q=fox%20hunting

For those not ............. don't!

Shane
surreyboy

Post by surreyboy »

My original post had absolutely NOTHING to do with fox hunting, or the killing of any other so-called vermin!
It was related to the killing of big game animals by hunters who are prepared to see the extinction of these wonderful beasts purely for financial gain and there own perverse joy in killing.
Perhaps we can all get back on topic now?
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Don't hold your breath. :lol:
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Surely it's about animals dying for the pleasure of humans, of which big game hunting, and fox hunting are just two examples.

If anyone can tell me the pleasure they gain from the experience I would like to know. All the excuses trotted out by the pro hunting fraternity mean nothing, it's for the pleasure purely and simply of those wealthy and sick enough to do it.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.