UK PM

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
Sheer Khan

UK PM

Post by Sheer Khan »

I just doesn’t seem right that 160,000 odd can decide who runs a country of over 60 mill, they should just elect a new leader and then have a General Election so that the whole country can decide.
Dominic
Site Admin

Re: UK PM

Post by Dominic »

That’s just the way the system works. It was the same for Labour with Brown. When you vote, you aren’t voting for the leader of a party. You are voting for the party.

Otherwise you could say the same thing whenever they had a cabinet reshuffle.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Sheer Khan

Post by Sheer Khan »

The Tory members just vote for the leader hence the PM they do not vote for any cabinet reshuffle, the PM decides that, if that’s the system I think it’s wrong.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Why? The Government is so much more than just the Prime Minister.
Sheer Khan

Post by Sheer Khan »

I happen to think it is wrong that less than 0.3 % of the UK population can decide who runs the country, it’s just my opinion, I take it I am allowed an opinion on this forum.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Sheer Khan wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:08 am I happen to think it is wrong that less than 0.3 % of the UK population can decide who runs the country, it’s just my opinion, I take it I am allowed an opinion on this forum.
Yes of course you are allowed an opinion. Nobody said you weren't. But when you post it, the assumption is you want to discuss something.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Les Bean wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:58 am The electorate doesn't vote for the pm because its not a presidential system. They may well have in mind who is leader of the party for which they're voting but that's not the same thing
Les
I agree with what you say but believe a vast number of the electorate do vote for the party leader.
You only have to look at the last General Election to see it was a direct competion between Johnson and Corbyn. Manifests weren't even considered nor in most cases the local candidates.
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

Should of kept Boris, who was doing a good job and seen how things unfurled!
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

bromerzz wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:07 pm Should of kept Boris, who was doing a good job and seen how things unfurled!
On Russia's payroll like alot of Tory MPs, should be thrown in gaol, the lot of them.
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

There is no evidence just usual Labour and SNP mythology.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Termites Dream wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:26 pm
Jim B wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:51 pm
bromerzz wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:07 pm Should of kept Boris, who was doing a good job and seen how things unfurled!
On Russia's payroll like alot of Tory MPs, should be thrown in gaol, the lot of them.
Can you give us your evidence to support these allegations.
Just Google Tory MPs receiving Russian money and there are plenty of links with the lists of Tory MPs taking money from the Russians.
Or read up on Johnson slipping his Security Detail and going to a party in Italy to meet Alexander Lebedev, a KGB Agent after a Nato meeting
Or read about the Russian report that Johnson wouldn't release and legal action had to be started to get him to do so.

Good articles in the New York Times and Al Jazeera about it all.

I'm sure you're quite familiar with what's going on unless you've become a Monk.
Miloman

Post by Miloman »

You are reading too much fake news Jim.
Previously MofArodes on CL
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Miloman wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:46 am You are reading too much fake news Jim.
I don't think so. Why don't you Google it and see which media is reporting it. Of course it's not in the right wing press because they don't print anything that affects the Tory party image.

There's none so blind as those who will not see.

For some reason I'm unable to paste the links but I assure you the information is available and it's NOT fake news.
Miloman

Post by Miloman »

The uk media is a huge carrier of fake and exaggerated news, especially those under the influence of the labour left wing who incidentally are the biggest threat to democracy in the UK.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Most of the information I get is from the Parliamentary Liaison Comittee Minutes which I don't believe is fake news.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=parliamen ... cc=0&ghpl=

Here's Link from one of those Left Wing Newspaers

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... tions.html

re's another
https://www.businessinsider.com/russia- ... ?r=US&IR=T

And another

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/dark-m ... y-funding/

OR The meeting with the KGB Agent. As Putin said, there's no such thing as a retired KGB Agent

https://www.itv.com/news/2022-07-26/hes ... ev-meeting

The only danger to Democracy is the UKIP Party which took over the Tory Party and turned it into the English National Party
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

It's all gone quiet over there, it's all gone quiet over there, it's all gone quiet, it's all gone quiet, it's all gone quiet over there.😆😆😆

I will magnanimously you accept your apologies for inferring I was spreading fake news😇 that's of course if you have what it takes to admit it.
Miloman

Post by Miloman »

Haha Jim, it is very difficult to reason with the extreme left wing, best to retire before it gets too heated.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

How many MPs is a lot?
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

They should have kept May

The con party got rid of Cameron, then they got rid of May initiated by Johnson and Gove, then they got rid of Johnson.
Three leaders in 6 years, and nothing to do with the influence of the opposition.
It's a joke
David
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Miloman wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:09 pm Haha Jim, it is very difficult to reason with the extreme left wing, best to retire before it gets too heated.
You see Miloman, that's a Conservative party supporters first line of defence, call anyone who is critical of the party an extreme left winger.
All I do is point out the lies, extreme corruption, criminal activities and attacks on civil liberties by this present government which you and other posters condone their actions by supporting them.
I posted factual information but you accused me of posting fake news as did other Tory supporters without bothering to check if my information was correct or not.
14 government ministers and two Tory MPs on the Defence Committee are amongst the MPs taking money from the Russians and to my mind and many others there's something seriously wrong when government ministers are taking money from a country we are presently involved in a proxy war with.

One other little point, Johnsons little jaunt in a fighter jet and playing soldiers for a day cost the UK tax payers around £100,000, money that could have been better used. GOOGLE IT ;-)