The British Monarchy

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
Dominic
Site Admin

The British Monarchy

Post by Dominic »

If it was put to the vote, do you think the population would be for or against the Monarchy?

The House proposes that the population would vote in favour of the Monarcy, by a Country Mile.

(and by the House, I mean me)
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
trevnhil

Re: The British Monarchy

Post by trevnhil »

I too think that the vast majority of the UK population and ex-pats would vote FOR the Monarchy to remain.
Trev..
WHL

Post by WHL »

Democracy rules in my book, I am anti Monarchy, but if the Majority of any country want to keep the royals thats fine by me
https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/young- ... 021-05-20/
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

The headline on the article talks about young people aged 18 to 24.
But overall the survey had better news for Queen Elizabeth, 95, and the royal family, with 61% favouring the monarchy while just under a quarter thought it should be replaced with an elected figure..
Trev..
WHL

Post by WHL »

trevnhil wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 1:20 pm The headline on the article talks about young people aged 18 to 24.
But overall the survey had better news for Queen Elizabeth, 95, and the royal family, with 61% favouring the monarchy while just under a quarter thought it should be replaced with an elected figure..
If that is what the majority of a country's population want, then no problem,
I think when this Queen passes, the monarchy will slowly be less popular, people nowadays question things,
such as who paid for Andrews 12 million hush money, Charles accepting millions of pounds in cash in bags for his charities etc from Dodgy Arabs seeking favors, Australia one of the staunchest Royal country going, has started the process, by appointing a minister to oversee the transition, , in my opinion no one should rule just because of an accident of birth, but be chosen by the people who they will rule.
josef k

Post by josef k »

I think most British people strongly associate monarchy with Queen Elizabeth II. Because they like her, and she rarely puts a foot wrong, the majority still support the monarchy. Once she passes, and that time isn't far away, Charles will take over and is likely to be King for 20 to 30 years. I think people's experience of Charles will result in a point where the majority will turn against the monarchy and start seriously discussing it's abolition.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

They can all go, for me.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

Long may the Royals reign.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »