Goodbye...Lord Frost

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
Dominic
Site Admin

Re: Goodbye...Lord Frost

Post by Dominic »

You have a lot of contempt for the British public.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Its not contemp, its bewilderment how the people are taken in time and time again by a gang of con men and a corrupt media.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

The British public have been conditioned/brainwashed by a subservient attitude - doffing caps, expecting others to rule, boss, have influence etc.
B69DC0E1-7A00-4EEA-BBB0-C13525F4D009.jpeg
B69DC0E1-7A00-4EEA-BBB0-C13525F4D009.jpeg (110.4 KiB) Viewed 3052 times
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:47 am
Dominic wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:30 pmIf this confirms anything, it is that you are a sore loser.

Dominic, you seem to flip-flop from one day to the next with regard to your views on Brexit. Sometimes I think you take a contrary view just for the sake of it.

Shortly after the referendum you stated that the British people had voted by a narrow margin to leave the EU and with that in mind, whether peeps liked it or not, they should wholeheartedly support the government and 'help get Brexit done'. Effectively they should be "good" losers.

But several times since you have stated what many of us know to be the case, that Brexit has thus far proven to be a disaster with little or nothing to commend it. And don't give me vaccine roll-out: many European countries are well ahead of the UK, and last night the UK was declared as having the worst Covid death toll in the whole of Europe, 7th worst in the World. 150,000 dead.

Now you're accusing Jim B of being 'a sore loser' and claiming he has 'a lot of contempt for the British public'.

So where do you stand Dominic? Should the UK populace get behind Brexit 100% because it's what the nation voted for - led by its lying and crooked advocates, Boris Johnson and Nigel Farage - or are we right to call out Brexit for the farcical shitshow it's turning out to be?
My view hasn't changed one iota over Brexit. Actually it has. It is less of a mess than I thought it would be by now, though still a complete mess.

I explained to Jim B, fairly clearly, why he was being a sore loser, and he agreed with me. If you can't understand that then I can only suggest you re-read the posts and hope it sinks in a bit better.

But if somebody posts bunk, (like saying I said we should be "wholeheartedly" behind Brexit), be it on one side or the other of an argument, I shall challenge it, if I have seen the thread.

The biggest problem with politics at the moment is that it is too black and white. Too many people blindly go with Brand A over Brand B, and vice verca. There is not enough sensible debate, or admissions from Brand A that certain bits of Brand B might actually be quite good, and vice verca. I mean, come on, when was the last time you made a post asking for sensible debate? You only ever indulge in childish point scoring, when it comes to politics.

When you were given the chance to have a contribution into deciding whether we should remain in Europe or not, you chose to do flip all. So I don't really think you "calling out Brexit" amounts to much other than blustering hot air.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Dominic
We both agree that up to now the implementation of Brexit is a complete mess but I can't understand how you can come to the conclusion that it's not as bad as you thought it would be when most of the serious changes haven't been implemented yet or only in the process of being like import/export which is causing chaos.
A bit like falling off a cliff and saying , so far so good, so far so good.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

That's an easy one to answer. Using your analogy, I haven't hit the ground yet.

However, it is a bad analogy, because it implies that up to now I think "so far so good" with respect to Brexit.

I never said it was going well, or ok. I said it was a shitstorm, but not as big a shitstorm as I had imagined. And the only reason I came to any conclusion was in response to a poll HiC posted. Had HiC not posted that poll I wouldn't have posted anything. You are effectively agreeing with my point about that poll though, which was that it was bunk.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

You are in no position to lecture anybody on childish behavior with regards to Brexit.

Just listen to yourself. Why didn't I take Hudson for task for not voting? Because he would have voted for Brexit! His vote wouldn't have changed anything. This isn't complicated. You are just incapable of seeing anything beyond your own narrow field of vision.

I'm not even going to bother arguing the toss any more. Just see responses to other threads and keep going round and round in circles.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Who's Hudson?
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

I think he meant Hudswell.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Ahh! Right
His name just came to me.