Ugly face of Labour (again)

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
Jimgym

Ugly face of Labour (again)

Post by Jimgym »

Angela Rayner being her usual nasty self. The hypocrisy of the left on show once again. Disgusting behaviour. https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/ange ... 57307.html
Jim B

Re: Ugly face of Labour (again)

Post by Jim B »

Definitely out of order calling them Scum but she was spot on about everything else.
You only have to read Johnsons past comments for confirmation.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Jim B wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:59 pm Definitely out of order calling them Scum but she was spot on about everything else.
Oh really. How unlike you to jump to the defence of the left. Tell mw, which government has had both female PMs, with half of the great offices of state filled by women, half by BAME, most diverse government, more gay ministers than Labour ever had? Hypocrisy of the highest order, and quite disgusting.
Varky

Post by Varky »

Jimgym wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:40 pm Angela Rayner being her usual nasty self. The hypocrisy of the left on show once again. Disgusting behaviour. https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/ange ... 57307.html
How was this hypocrisy? No worse than calling women wearing hijab letterboxes.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Varky wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:40 pm
Jimgym wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:40 pm Angela Rayner being her usual nasty self. The hypocrisy of the left on show once again. Disgusting behaviour. https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/ange ... 57307.html
How was this hypocrisy? No worse than calling women wearing hijab letterboxes.
Angela Rayner complaining about the abuse that female MP's receive on the one hand and then using abusive language against the opposition. That is why I called it hypocrisy.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Jimgym wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:51 pm
Jim B wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:59 pm Definitely out of order calling them Scum but she was spot on about everything else.
Oh really. How unlike you to jump to the defence of the left. Tell mw, which government has had both female PMs, with half of the great offices of state filled by women, half by BAME, most diverse government, more gay ministers than Labour ever had? Hypocrisy of the highest order, and quite disgusting.
It wasn't me who called blacks, "Pickerninnies" and Homosexuals "Bumboys", look at your beloved leaders past history.
I'm not supporting anyone, just agreeing with the comments (apart from using the word Scum) made which are factual and have been proved to be true.
I'll tell you that not one of them in government could be called a Statesman/woman and when you're scraping the bottom of the barrel you drag up all sorts, all the Statesman/women either left or were sacked and all that's left is a bunch of Shysters.
The only disgusting thing is supporting theses crooks.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Quite frankly, if she's speaking from the gutter, it is because the likes of Boris Johnson have led her there.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Johnson said about his racist, homophobic comments that "they have been taken out of context". Oh that's ok then.
Maybe Angela Rayner can apply the same poor excuse.
David
chatsworth

Post by chatsworth »

My Google dictionary gives the definition of Scum as 'A worthless or contemptible person or group of people' so I think she hit the nail on the head.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

I think Lloyd Hardy explained it quite eloquently on Twitter:
UPDATE: Angela Rayner didn't call Tory Cabinet MPs #ToryScum

She called them "a bunch of scum, homophobic, racist, misogynistic, absolute vile, banana republic, nasty, Etonians”

Of this sentence, Tories only contested "scum" 🤦‍♂️

Homophobic, Racist and Misogynistic they accept 👌
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

In a tit for tat world, probably appropriate and acceptable to then simply refer to the Labour Party as Labour Scum.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

PhotoLady wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:00 pm I think Lloyd Hardy explained it quite eloquently on Twitter:

She called them "a bunch of scum, homophobic, racist, misogynistic, absolute vile, banana republic, nasty, Etonians”

Not really. It is easy to refute racism, misogyny and homophobia. "Scum" is not so easy, as it is a lot more vague.

"We're not misogynistic - all female PMs have been Tory.
We're not racist - most diverse.
We're not homophobic - we have more gay ministers than Labour ever had.
We're not scum - ummmmmmm"
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

PhotoLady wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:00 pm I think Lloyd Hardy explained it quite eloquently on Twitter:

Perhaps Lloyd Hardy missed this quote which has been widely reported. Members of the Government reacted with outrage at the remarks. Foreign Office minister James Cleverly accused her of “talking c--p” about the Conservatives, pointing out the party had two female former prime ministers and now boasts the “most diverse” government.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

James Cleverly, now that's a misnomer.

As I said earlier, they have to be diverse when they're scraping the bottom of the the barrel.
May was called the worst PM in history, now that's a claim to fame but now it's claimed she's the second worst.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Jim B wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:07 pm James Cleverly, now that's a misnomer.

As I said earlier, they have to be diverse when they're scraping the bottom of the the barrel.
May was called the worst PM in history, now that's a claim to fame but now it's claimed she's the second worst.
So by being diverse you say they’re scraping the barrel? As to May, her reputation snd performance are nothing to do with her gender.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Not at all, you have the diversity bit the wrong way round, most of them wouldn't be in government if they had people of calibre to select from, most are mediocre at best.
Also it's you who mentioned gender, I just pointed out that she was known as the worst PM in history until Johnson came along.
I could mention the selling off of national assets by Thatcher leaving the gas, water and electricity industries in the mess they're in today or changing the economy to a service industry leaving the country without any heavy manufacturing industries but heh the Tories had two female PMs.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Jim B wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:31 pm Not at all, you have the diversity bit the wrong way round, most of them wouldn't be in government if they had people of calibre to select from, most are mediocre at best.
Also it's you who mentioned gender, I just pointed out that she was known as the worst PM in history until Johnson came along.
I could mention the selling off of national assets by Thatcher leaving the gas, water and electricity industries in the mess they're in today or changing the economy to a service industry leaving the country without any heavy manufacturing industries but heh the Tories had two female PMs.
I mentioned gender because the delightful Rayner mentioned misogyny. As to who would be in government, I look at the opposition and consider them below the bottom of a barrel if it was placed over a cesspit. So I guess we have the best of the worst.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

The whole political spectrum is a sad state of affairs unfortunately. For a country who produced some of the greatest Statesmen/woman over the past century we are shadow of our former self.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Jim B wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:32 pm The whole political spectrum is a sad state of affairs unfortunately. For a country who produced some of the greatest Statesmen/woman over the past century we are shadow of our former self.
Hurrah, we finally agree on something!! I'll break out the champagne, you bring the glasses! :lol: