This is a start I hope...

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
JimX

This is a start I hope...

Post by JimX »

Well it is a start, many more to come with luck..
Attachments
20210915_180154.jpg
20210915_180154.jpg (55.46 KiB) Viewed 3963 times
Jim.
Maggie B

Re: This is a start I hope...

Post by Maggie B »

Totally and utterly agreed Jim. What a flipping plonker.

Maggie B
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

If anything, the replacements are worse than the incumbents…. Liz Truss and Nadine Doris…. Two complete fruitcakes.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Well, what do you expect when the boss man is who he is? :cry: :cry: :twisted:
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

Jimgward wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:37 pm If anything, the replacements are worse than the incumbents…. Liz Truss and Nadine Doris…. Two complete fruitcakes.
…..and if labour were in power it would be Diane Abbot and David Lammy, every party has them!
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

The Aquila wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:01 pm
Jimgward wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:37 pm If anything, the replacements are worse than the incumbents…. Liz Truss and Nadine Doris…. Two complete fruitcakes.
…..and if labour were in power it would be Diane Abbot and David Lammy, every party has them!
Of course every party has them but not as the norm as in the Tory party, all those with common sense or integrity were kicked into the long grass. It appears that most are either sycophants or on the make.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

The Aquila wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:01 pm
Agreed. But that’s whataboutery. Why not try criticising the ones in power?
Last edited by Jimgward on Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the utterly and incredibly useless Sturgeon, if we are talking of those in power.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

It appears that a large majority of Scots think otherwise and that's what really matters don't you think?
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Johnson likes to have some idiots around him, it makes him look less idiotic himself. Also if there is any big cock ups he can blame a fall guy, Raab was sacked from his post but still kept on the cabinet to use again.
David
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Jim B wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:40 pm It appears that a large majority of Scots think otherwise and that's what really matters don't you think?
It also appears that with an 88 seat majority at the 2019 election, that a large majority of Brits think otherwise about Johnson, and that's what really matters don't you think?
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Jimgym wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:00 am
Jim B wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:40 pm It appears that a large majority of Scots think otherwise and that's what really matters don't you think?
It also appears that with an 88 seat majority at the 2019 election, that a large majority of Brits think otherwise about Johnson, and that's what really matters don't you think?
I really think you should check your facts making such outlandish statements, the Tories got 43.6% of the vote and gained 56.2& of the seats due to the archaic First Past the Post voting system which is only used in Europe by the UK and Belarus.
I've attached a link which explains why a party who only gets 43.6% of the vote on a 67.3% turnout and how the present voting system favours the present government. The Scots on the other hand use Proportional Representation which shows Sturgeons party to be the popular choice.

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/ge ... nto-seats/
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

The Tories got a whacking majority using the same system that has been in place for hundreds of years. If the system favoured the Tories so much, why didn't Labour change it when they were in power?

The big issue is boundary changes. Whoever is in power gets to tweak them. Labour were tweaking them but they still lost. Eventually, unless something radical happens in the Tory party, they will lose. Will whoever beats them institute electoral reform, or tweak the boundaries to their advantage?

The bottom line is that the system has been in place for hundreds of years, and under the system, the Tories spanked Labour. They got the most votes. They won. Deal with it. And the same goes for Brexit.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Boundaries are still being changed 🤞
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Jim B wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:22 am
I really think you should check your facts making such outlandish statements, the Tories got 43.6% of the vote and gained 56.2& of the seats due to the archaic First Past the Post voting system which is only used in Europe by the UK and Belarus.
I've attached a link which explains why a party who only gets 43.6% of the vote on a 67.3% turnout and how the present voting system favours the present government. The Scots on the other hand use Proportional Representation which shows Sturgeons party to be the popular choice.

The SNP received 47.7% of the constituency votes on a 63.5% turnout. The majority of Scots DID NOT vote for the SNP. However don't let that detract from ignoring the massive problems Scotland is experiencing and carry on criticising those nasty Tories instead. After all despite the SNP being in power for a record 4th successive term, it must surely be the Tories fault, mustn't it? Laughable.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Dominic wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:23 am The Tories got a whacking majority using the same system that has been in place for hundreds of years. If the system favoured the Tories so much, why didn't Labour change it when they were in power?

The big issue is boundary changes. Whoever is in power gets to tweak them. Labour were tweaking them but they still lost. Eventually, unless something radical happens in the Tory party, they will lose. Will whoever beats them institute electoral reform, or tweak the boundaries to their advantage?

The bottom line is that the system has been in place for hundreds of years, and under the system, the Tories spanked Labour. They got the most votes. They won. Deal with it. And the same goes for Brexit.
So you believe people should just shut up and accept the lies and corruption that is presently endemic in British politics. That people should just sit and say nothing while the country is becoming a failed state because 32% of the population voted for Brexit. The wacking majority was achieved with an additional 270,000 votes more than Theresa May received in the previous election so it can't be said it was a massive change in support of the Tories.
Blair made an eŕor by not having a vote on PR

We are "Dealing With It", we are highlighting the failures, lies, corruption and incompetence of this present government as we are highlighting the failures, corruption and loss of jobs caused by Brexit.
That's what democracy is about. Just sitting there and saying nothing is what goes on in tin pot Dictatorships.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Jimgym wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:14 pm

The SNP received 47.7% of the constituency votes on a 63.5% turnout. The majority of Scots DID NOT vote for the SNP. However don't let that detract from ignoring the massive problems Scotland is experiencing and carry on criticising those nasty Tories instead. After all despite the SNP being in power for a record 4th successive term, it must surely be the Tories fault, mustn't it? Laughable.
Nicola Sturgeon received 60% of the vote in her constituency and the SNP had a landslide victory in Scotland which kind of shoots your arguement out of the water. The SNP have 45 MPs, the Tories have 6, says it all really.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Jim B wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:52 pm
Jimgym wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:14 pm

Nicola Sturgeon received 60% of the vote in her constituency and the SNP had a landslide victory in Scotland which kind of shoots your arguement out of the water. The SNP have 45 MPs, the Tories have 6, says it all really.
I was quoting figures for the WHOLE of Scotland, not ONE constituency! The SNP did NOT have a landslide in terms of votes, however never let facts get in they way of your argument.

However using your obviously flawed logic, I shall touch on your earlier comment. The Tories won a landslide in the last general election, with over an 80 seat majority. Johnson winning his seat with a 52.6% of the vote. Says it all really.

But still, all of Scotland's problems must be the fault of the Tories and not a party who are in power for a FOURTH successive term, right?
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Jimgym wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:18 pm I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the utterly and incredibly useless Sturgeon, if we are talking of those in power.
No, this is what you initially wrote about Nicola Sturgeon and I posted how her constituency voted, you only brought the overall SNP in later but again as I stated the SNP had a landslide so it refutes your claim that she's incredibly useless as far as the Scots in general are concerned.
1.2% of the vote gave the Tories the extra 80 seats, no landslide.

https://www.euronews.com/2019/12/13/how ... news-answe
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

The voting in scotland was designed to stop any party winning an overall majority. The snp came within 1 seat of doing that. They are by far the most popular party.

As to the problems in Scotland? The Daily Mail constantly has gone on about vaccinations being behind in Scotland. They never were.

Now it’s the army coming into the ambulance service. Already, 4 English ambulance services have the army in there.

So, don’t always believe what you read. The snp has no control over centralised services and overall budgets. What’s devolved she has managed well. We still have to wear masks and that’s sensible. She has been better overall in the pandemic than Johnson. Most Scots back vaccine passports. So where are the failures Vs Westminster?