If only I'd warned...

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
Jimgym

Re: If only I'd warned...

Post by Jimgym »

Diversionary tactic? :lol:
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

You didn't vote either Jimgym but it doesn't stop you having your say
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Jim B wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:31 pm You didn't vote either Jimgym but it doesn't stop you having your say
I didn't, and as such I don't keep whingeing on about the result. I accepted the result of those who did bother to vote so would consider myself an absolute hypocrite if having not bothered to get off my arse and vote I then constantly whine about the result. I'm not sure you can see that point as it doesn't fit your narrative.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Les Bean wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:41 pm
Jimgym wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:02 pm Diversionary tactic? :lol:
My bad. Next I'll be putting erroneous apostrophes on every word that ends in s, and mixing up bored, board, there, their etc😭
Oh I wasn't critiquing your spelling, I was laughing at your idea. But thanks for jumping to the wrong conclusion about me. :roll:
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Les Bean wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:18 am Seems a bit of a diversary tactic to keep having a pop at hic for not voting when many share his frustration and opinions but were not eligible to vote, maybe there are also some with a similar outlook who did vote
A diversionary tactic from what?

Had HiC not been allowed to vote, then I could understand his frustration. But in fact, he had the opportunity to, and he couldn't be arsed.

I voted remain. Had more people like HiC bothered to vote then this wouldn't be an issue now. I shall keep having a pop at him for not voting just as long as he keeps going on and on about the outcome he did absolutely nothing to help prevent.

And if Jim didn't vote, so what? He isn't going on and on and on about what a bad result it was.

If you don't vote, that's your business. But if you then go on and on about the vote not going the way you wanted it, that's just banal.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

HIC - Rather than 'heads in the sand' more relevant perhaps in Cyprus is ''head in a pint'' as has been quoted a few times on FB.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Jimgym wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:48 pm
Jim B wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:31 pm You didn't vote either Jimgym but it doesn't stop you having your say
I didn't, and as such I don't keep whingeing on about the result. I accepted the result of those who did bother to vote so would consider myself an absolute hypocrite if having not bothered to get off my arse and vote I then constantly whine about the result. I'm not sure you can see that point as it doesn't fit your narrative.
You don't criticise the result and keep on whinging because the result suited your position but you do criticise those who disagree with the result which is exactly the same thing HIC is doing.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Les Bean wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:28 pm I understand where you're coming from re not voting, however hic does raise valid points (imo anyway), the addressing of which is avoided by focusing only on his failure to vote
He doesn't raise valid points though. He just crows and tries to insult people.

Now don't get me wrong, there are many questions about Brexit that need to be answered, but lets face it, we aren't going to get the answers here. And to every point he raises, the answer is still the same: well, perhaps if you and people like you had bothered to vote, then it wouldn't have happened.

I voted remain. I was deeply disappointed that Britain voted to leave. But to hear about the issues caused from some no-it-all who couldn't be arsed to vote is just bloody annoying.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Dominic wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:52 pm
Les Bean wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:28 pm I understand where you're coming from re not voting, however hic does raise valid points (imo anyway), the addressing of which is avoided by focusing only on his failure to vote

Now don't get me wrong, there are many questions about Brexit that need to be answered, but lets face it, we aren't going to get the answers here. And to every point he raises, the answer is still the same: well, perhaps if you and people like you had bothered to vote, then it wouldn't have happened.

I voted remain. I was deeply disappointed that Britain voted to leave. But to hear about the issues caused from some no-it-all who couldn't be arsed to vote is just bloody annoying.
Ì, like Les think HIC raises some valid points and let's be honest the insults aren't just one way. In fact one of the comments above could be looked on as libelous but unlike some Lloyd takes it in good heart.
You are quite right in that we aren't going to get the answers here but just keeping quiet about what is happening is to become complicit.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

If not posting about Brexit implies complicity, just how complicit is not voting in the actual referendum, when you could actually accomplish something?
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Dominic wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:58 pm If not posting about Brexit implies complicity, just how complicit is not voting in the actual referendum, when you could actually accomplish something?
I was talking about my posts, I'm not here to defend why Lloyd voted or didn't vote. As said, I find many of Lloyds post relative to the situation Britain finds itself in.
If by not voting it disqualifies a person from commenting then surely that includes people who support leave as well as those who support remain?
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

I've got nothing against commenting as such. But when it is pretty much all a person ever talks about it I find it very annoying. People who couldn't be bothered to vote have only themselves to blame if they don't like the outcome of the vote. So the first answer to any such post will always be "well it serves you right for not bothering to vote".
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Jim B wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:07 pm
You don't criticise the result and keep on whinging because the result suited your position but you do criticise those who disagree with the result which is exactly the same thing HIC is doing.
What is my position? Let me acquaint you with some facts, rather than you lazy assumptions. I didn't;t vote mainly because I couldn't decide which way to go. My position is that they majority of those who voted did so for the Leave vote. I accept that as a democratic result. Something which goes against the grain of many people sadly. So don' talk about my position when you have no bloody clue what it is. Lazy generalisations from you, again.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Jim B wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:56 pm
Dominic wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:52 pm

Ì, like Les think HIC raises some valid points and let's be honest the insults aren't just one way. In fact one of the comments above could be looked on as libelous but unlike some Lloyd takes it in good heart.
You are quite right in that we aren't going to get the answers here but just keeping quiet about what is happening is to become complicit.
Oh pleas, get your head out the sand. Lloyd has been incredibly offensive on many occasions, resulting in myself, amongst others, responding in kind. So please don't insult anyone's intelligence by trying to paint him as the victim when in fact he is usually the perpetrator of the usual school boy insults. Double standard as always.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Jimgym wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:45 pm

What is my position? Let me acquaint you with some facts, rather than you lazy assumptions. I didn't;t vote mainly because I couldn't decide which way to go. My position is that they majority of those who voted did so for the Leave vote. I accept that as a democratic result. Something which goes against the grain of many people sadly. So don' talk about my position when you have no bloody clue what it is. Lazy generalisations from you, again.
I know your stated position, you've mentioned it numerous times but I find it strange that your so quick to comment on any criticism against Brexit when you keep reiteriterating you're only concerned with the democratic process.
So no lazy assumptions, just a cynical eye.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Jim B wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:33 am

I know your stated position, you've mentioned it numerous times but I find it strange that your so quick to comment on any criticism against Brexit when you keep reiteriterating you're only concerned with the democratic process.
It is not any criticism, it is those who wish to subvert democracy and those who complain the loudest about the result of something they didn't bother to participate in.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Jimgym wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:40 am

It is not any criticism, it is those who wish to subvert democracy and those who complain the loudest about the result of something they didn't bother to participate in.
Just like you complaing about the Complainer.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Sorry but that argument doesn't wash. By the same logic, if you were on a train journey and somebody stood up and started yelling into a mobile phone at the top of their lungs, and somebody else told them to shut up, then they would both be equally guilty.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Jim B wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:21 am

I'm pointing out the hypocrisy, not complaining. There is a difference.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Jimgym wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:35 am
Jim B wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:21 am

I'm pointing out the hypocrisy, not complaining. There is a difference.
Oh!! Right