A Coming Covid Catastrophe - mass vaccination

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
Varky

Re: A Coming Covid Catastrophe - mass vaccination

Post by Varky »

Can I have that in words of one syllable.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Must admit my attention was wandering before the end of the first paragraph.

Vaccination, as with any other medical procedure, is down to individual choice.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

The film itself is worth watching.

One of his claims is that things will get a lot worse in the UK and Israel in the coming weeks. So we will know soon enough if he is right or wrong.

One thing for certain, he isn't a nutter. So at least give him a listen.

The basic gist is that while the vaccine itself is great, it should be used as a prophylactic, and not deployed in the middle of a pandemic. As the pandemic is already upon us it would be better to protect the vulnerable and allow the fit and healthy (younger) to interact and go about their lives, building a natural immunity.

From what I have seen so far, there is no expert in the film interviewed to provide a counterpoint, so you have to take it as one side of an argument.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
jeba

Post by jeba »

sadie62 wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:01 pm He presents scientific evidence that our own ‘innate’ immunity (which healthy and young people possess in abundance) is the best line of defense for recovery from and prevention of COVID-19.
My 24 year old niece who has been suffering from long covid might not believe him though.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Not going to keep up with this as the original post has been edited three times already so my earlier comment is already probably invalid as my comment was written in response to what I read earlier - 'galexinda » Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:08 am'

'Last edited by sadie62 on Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:21 am, edited 3 times in total'.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

My biggest issue with all this is that it misses a fundamental point. Despite Cyprus' best efforts the hospitals are full. Had we not gone with lockdowns they would have been completely overrun and there would have been a lot more deaths.
Paulo

Post by Paulo »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:08 pm I return to my main point, if this guy is right, why isn't there a groundswell of support from vaccine experts throughout the world? There must be hundreds of them. Why is he on his own on this? And why hasn't mainstream media latched on to this story, instead of some news outlet no-one has heard of?
C’mon HIC, it’s obvious!
It’s because the main stream media and all of the medical experts are in collaboration with the worlds governments to force the vaccine and lock downs upon us.
By forcing us to wear masks they are imposing there mass control experiments, seeing how far they can actually get us to obey them.
Regarding the hospitals, they’re all actually empty!
jeba

Post by jeba »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:08 pm I return to my main point, if this guy is right, why isn't there a groundswell of support from vaccine experts throughout the world? There must be hundreds of them. Why is he on his own on this? And why hasn't mainstream media latched on to this story, instead of some news outlet no-one has heard of?
And why has my niece been suffering since last August? And not only she alone but a friend of her as well (out of a group of 23 youngsters who caught the virus at a birthday party with 40 participants). That's 2/23 = 8.7%.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

I moved it mainly because of the title. It is a bit "sensational". Fundamentally though, the response to the pandemic is steeped in politics. And any political discussion that isn't directly about Brexit is to be welcomed.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Most people don't go to a particular category to look at posts. They tend to use the NEW POSTS option or one of the variants.

Personally I prefer "ACTIVE TOPICS".
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Look at the views of the posts in the political section.

Also, address this point I made:

My biggest issue with all this is that it misses a fundamental point. Despite Cyprus' best efforts the hospitals are full. Had we not gone with lockdowns they would have been completely overrun and there would have been a lot more deaths.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

If you out 10 ‘experts’ in a room, your will get 11 different theories.,…

What we need, is expert groups who recommend to politicians and their business civil servant experts. You need to question every aspect of a conclusion, as experts are not great at looking outside the box - I.e. considering what they don’t know. A prime example, is the UK SAGE ‘experts’ who recommended emptying the UK hospitals into care homes, did NOT know that staff in social care moved between homes and therefore completely misunderstood the risks to residents from community infection going from one home to another. They admitted they knew nothing of social care and had not spoken to anyone who did. The politicians accepted the recommendation and made it policy, again without testing the assumptions. End result was 10’s of thousands of extra deaths.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

This is true. Which goes back to my previous question about overruning hospitals. That is an actual thing. A problem that needs to be dealt with. There is no point adopting a policy that puts more strain on a health service that is already almost at breaking point.
living the dream

Post by living the dream »

I read the Paphos People forum the other day as there was an interesting debate going on about vaccines etc being really pushed by Lady Libra and Old Twister and certainly looks like Lady Libra is now trying her luck with Paphos Life under Sadie 62 given the short shrift she and Old Twister got from other members on PP regarding the diatribe they were spouting with regards to Vaccines and lockdowns, apparently OT was banned form another Forum for his conspiracy theories and rhetoric. May be wrong but you read LL's posts on PP and the posts on this website and they are remarkably the same.

The catastrophe would be that vaccines programs grind to a halt and and cases rise drastically again globally and hospitals are overwhelmed - anti vaxers are a danger to anyone in their vicinity and should not be given airtime or any form of social platform to spot their ill-informed and ignorant views as Dr Hillary put it a couple of weeks ago on GMB.
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

Absolutely agree with the post above.

I also agree that It is Sadie62 choice not to have the vaccine.

Likewise, I do hope that she / he doesn’t come back here moaning when airlines, etc express their choice not let anyone fly or use their facilities if they haven’t been vaccinated.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

The Meghan story is steeped in politics too. Politics is a lot more than Brexit and whatever it was that was argued about politically before Brexit came along.

Regarding people's posting on other forums, that is not for me to monitor or moderate.

Finally, I cannot endorse the use of "ACTIVE TOPICS" enough. It shows you, chronologically, all the threads that have been active in the last week. It makes it much easier to see what is being talked about.
jeba

Post by jeba »

Dominic wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:34 am Finally, I cannot endorse the use of "ACTIVE TOPICS" enough. It shows you, chronologically, all the threads that have been active in the last week. It makes it much easier to see what is being talked about.
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

sadie62 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:51 am Likewise, I do hope that she / he doesn’t come back here moaning when airlines, etc express their choice not let anyone fly or use their facilities if they haven’t been vaccinated.

Yes, I certainly would object because just as I have the right NOT to take the vaccine, I also have the right not to be discriminated for not doing so,
You’re not being discriminated against, those business owners have exactly the same rights as you do. So if they don’t want to permit any non-vaccinated persons to use their facilities then they are exercising their rights in the same way as you are.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Perhaps they should have some flights solely for non vaccinated passengers, then they can all take their chances together, and as with smokers, a place set aside at restaurants etc just for them.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

sadie62

How can he know that there will be many more asymptomatic cases, as we don't know how many there have been up to now, simply by definition.

I am aware how vaccine works thank you, and I wasn't being sarcastic !
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.