That tell-all interview

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
Kili01

Re: That tell-all interview

Post by Kili01 »

Yes, I had a similar reaction to you, Lloyd. I've only watched snippets of the interview but found it sickening. She was a square peg in a round hole. She wanted the prestige of marrying a member of the Royal family, while still being able to live as she wished.
Now Harry is estranged from his family, which he may come to regret.

Dee
WHL

Post by WHL »

What is sad is, this medieval, undemocratic, unelected, inbred European family is still head of a suposed democratic nation. this mob, along with their lords and ladies should of been confined to the dustbin of History, centuries ago.,
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

No, I don't agree with WHL's choice of adjectives to describe our Royal family. I think that the principle members of the family who are actively involved with public service do a good job on the whole. The Queen is widely respected by people in countries all over the world. They are not now as inbred a family as they once were. Many members of the family have married outside European royal families, and married ordinary people, not as they once did.
I think that Harry's choice of bride was a mistake as her background and family circumstances probably contributed substantially to her inability to be able to adjust to the completely different way of life as a member of our British Royal family.
I am sad that she has now taken Harry away from his family and hope that his marraige will survive a completely different way of life for him.
Dee
WHL

Post by WHL »

Some royals 'racist' ? perish the thought.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-39806145

Last edited by WHL on Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
J B

Post by J B »

Just seen this on Facebook which I felt obliged to share ...

I am sick of seeing Whinger and Ginger all over Facebook, lets flood it with this Beautiful lady OUR Queen
J B
lotus

Post by lotus »

WHL many years ago you would have received serious punishment for what you have said about the Royal Family,what a shame times have changed
living the dream

Post by living the dream »

Well said HIC - just about sums up what most people within the general public think apart from the obvious woke brigade - WHL - easiest word to describe you is a favourite saying of most Gen Z kids these days - "Deadhead"
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

The common theme in that video above and last nights hollywood drama is American divorcee.
WHL

Post by WHL »

lotus wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:22 am WHL many years ago you would have received serious punishment for what you have said about the Royal Family,what a shame times have changed
How sad, so so sad that royals, can no longer, send out their loyal lords and henchmen to rape pillage and put to the sword any one, who dares say anything negative about them, if only we could bring those glorious days back

PS anyone Hankering for those good old days, you could consider moving over to Turkey, where they have a Despot Dictator, who loves sending his army out on adventures, killing lots of prople on the way, and at home he loves locking up anyone who dare writes or says any thing against him, only downside he dosnt have much of a sence of humour, he prosecutes and locks up anyone who even puts a joke about him on social media, Happy days.
Last edited by WHL on Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:33 am, edited 3 times in total.
WHL

Post by WHL »

mouse wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:44 am At the time Megan really hit the news I was on the 2nd or 3rd season of " suits" , whilst she was playing a character and was not herself I still didn't see she would fit into the British royal lifestyle. Some of the bedroom scenes she was involved in were quite graphic and such things cannot be unseen by the world press. So for me it is no surprise she has gone the same way as Mrs Simpson.
prince Andrew has been involved in some dodgy real life bedroom scenes with Young girls (allegedly) should he go the same way as Mrs Simpson?
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

JB,
I think the names 'whinger and Ginger' are most appropriate to describe this pair.
I wonder if the Palace will keep a dignified silence now. It may be better if they do as then hopefully the staged interview will be quickly forgotten by the media.

Dee
Beechwood

Post by Beechwood »

lotus wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:22 am WHL many years ago you would have received serious punishment for what you have said about the Royal Family,what a shame times have changed
What were these punishments?
Princebytor

Post by Princebytor »

I am not a royalists or an imperialist, but I have to admit that the Queen is an amazing woman and it would help if the rest of her family adopted the same sense of duty. As regards our imperialist past, looking at Rhodesia, Burma and Hong Kong now, suggests to me that it wasn't all bad......
lotus

Post by lotus »

Beechwood,basically any crime against the Queen was considered treason,including insulting her!,this of course was a long time ago!,I think even now certain crimes are punishable by death and so they should be,google treason you will be surprised,
WHL

Post by WHL »

For what its worth I like Harry, made to walk behind his mothers coffin, at such an early age, with the worlds eyes on him was criminal, he went on to see active duty in the army, did many good deeds, including the Invictors games etc, he is worth a million more then that prat Charles, yet now his family and the establishment are ganging up on him to blacken his name, because his trying to protect his wife, the establisment destroyed Diana, now they are trying to destoy him, Shameful.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

As long as it keeps the heat off Andrew
David
Yioula

Post by Yioula »

It was well scripted rehearsed and acted by both her and Oprah

She pulled out the 2 in vogue cards mental health and racism into her script
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Two things occur to me.

One is the amount of criticism by posters on this thread, of Harry and Megan's interview and it's contents, whilst admitting that they didn't watch it.

Two is the refusal of Charles to take Harry's calls when he was asking for his help. What sort of a parent does that ?

I never agree with WHL, but I certainly agree with his sentiments in his last post.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

The whole saga is sad and baffling and seems to be driven by the manipulative Meghan. She seems to driven a wedge between her own family and now attempting the Royal family too!

Anyone that fronts up to her are accused of being racist or a bully.

Just to touch on a few of her claims....

is it really racist if family members asks about the colour of a babies skin in a mixed race relationship?
If the hates bullies, why is she accused of bullying her own staff that subsequently left their jobs?
She was seen wearing a pair of $800k earrings gifted to her by a murderer but then told the press and instructed her staff to say they were “borrowed”.
There are countless more holes in her argument....she’s dangerous!!
J B

Post by J B »

WHL wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:47 pm ............ yet now his family and the establishment are ganging up on him to blacken his name, because his trying to protect his wife, the establisment destroyed Diana, now they are trying to destoy him, Shameful.
If, by 'The Establishment' you mean the Royal Family, they have kept a dignified silence.
If you mean 'the press' then they've given MnH loads of publicity (which of course they are trying to avoid :roll: ;) )

Yioula wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:28 pm She pulled out the 2 in vogue cards mental health and racism into her script
:o You're not allowed to say that (just think it!!!!)

EDIT - some may find this amusing ....
J B