What a bunch of muppets

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
The Aquila

Re: What a bunch of muppets

Post by The Aquila »

Jim B wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:14 pm It’s getting repetitive.
Much irony :lol:

Jim B wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:14 pm As for litigation, I'm sure there are other legal eagles who would disagree with the highly respected Barrister you're quoting
Fred West had a defence lawyer, they work for money so of course someone would have opposed it in a court if it came to it.
living the dream

Post by living the dream »

HIC - as I have previously said we do not often agree on things but with regards to your post we are all but singing from the same hymn sheet for once (we will be exchanging Xmas cards and presents at this rate). Given Boris has not handled things well I personally think he pulled a bit of a blinder by spreading his bets on buying vaccines early and to be honest he needed some success and to blow his own trumpet somewhat given the tumultrous year the UK has had.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

living the dream wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:58 pm You love the UK !!!!!!!!!!! SINCE WHEN - for the last 4 years you have done nothing but slag the UK off for all to see. For the benefit of myself and the rest of Paphos Life members show us just one single EU lawyer that disputes the legitimacy of the AZ contract, show me one single EU lawyer that refutes what the CEO of AZ claimed in his statement regarding the AZ / EU contract. The only people who are questioning the contract are the same people who have made a complete pigs ear of the procurement process for your precious EU.

You say you despise the Tory Government so one can only assume that you are a staunch labour supporter - I seem to remember the last time Labour were in power they all but bankrupted the UK but I suppose that was OK in your book.

You state that Russian money is awash within the Tory party lets just look at how much Russian money has been laundered through Cyprus, most of Ayia Nappa, Limasol and Paphos was built off the back of Russian Money with vast amounts that turned up in suit cases and paid over the counter in many Cypriot banks with no questions asked. I don't need to resort to name calling you make yourself look ridiculous with your posts.
As usual you are using poetic licence instead of quoting on what was actually written. Everything I've written over the past four years was critical of the UK government, not the UK and also I've pointed out numerous times this present government is not representative of the Tory Party I grew up with and may not of supported but respected. As usual you assume alot and I find it amusing that you believe in a staunch Labour Supporter, let's just say I dont like to see Liars, Charlatans, Thieves and Conmen running the UK.
I've also read back over all my posts and can't see anywhere I've endorsed the EU actions over Article 16 and the only comment I made was to highlight the EU suggestion that AZ were redirecting vaccines. I see no one showed any outrage when Blojo threatened to do exactly the same thing a couple of weeks ago. The EU quickly saw the error of its ways, just like Blojo did.
As Aigula stated anyone can pay for litigation and I'm sure the UK government supporting press wouldn't post an opinion that is contrary to their headlines.

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/polit ... ago/30/01/

Another point that may have bypassed you is that the EU bankrolled the upgrades of the AZ factories to ensure they could meet contact requirements.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-55822602

The vaccine roll out success is mainly due to it being done by the NHS rather than private companies who haven't exactly been world leaders in their field. PPE and Track and Trace which many experts believe would have been better put in the control of the NHS

What Russian money in Cyprus has to do with A List Cabinet Ministers being bankrolled by the Russians in the UK and the present government being awash with it as well, maybe you can enlighten us all.
You may believe my posts make me look ridiculous but it appears many other posters agree with many of them and I never resort to name calling.

Jim
living the dream

Im not a Boris, Gove, or Williamson fan however please provide facts, proof or evidence of your claims regarding the UK Government being:- Liars, Charlatans, Thieves and Conmen. With regards to the EU bankrolling AZ upgrades this comment may have some merit, however the same could be said about the UK paying millions well in advance.

The issue of AZ not meeting contractual requirement has nothing to do with the AZ plants and whatever upscaling were paid for it has to do with the French & Dutch owned companies supply chains contracted to supply the cultures in order for AZ to manufacture the vaccine.

With regards to Russian money you was the poster bringing this into a topic regarding the "Vaccine Emergency" and quite frankly has nothing to do with where Russian money ends up. There maybe Russian money floating around the Tory Party but then plenty of Russian money has found its way into Labours hands over the years directly and indirectly. Once again slagging off the UK Government and you have the brass neck to sit in Cyprus being completely sanctimonious with regards to the UK and supposed corruption within Government when both the Cypriots Banks & Cypriot Politics have been complicit in the laundering of money and corruption involving Hundreds of Billions over the last 40 years - before you start asking for evidence it has been widely reported with many government officials paying the price for donkey's years.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

I think Blojo getting sacked by Michael Howard for lying is ample evidence and also being admonished for fiddling his expenses and having to repay them is more. How about the Cabinet Minister Robert Jenrick helping a Tory Doner to avoid paying forty million in taxes which should have gone to one the poorest Boroughs in Britain.
Theres plenty more on record like the secret dealing with Israel by Pritti Patel without telling PM May or Theresa Villiers lying about the Japanese Trade Deal, I could go on but I'm sure you get the point.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... id-40m-tax

What does dirty money in Cyprus have to do with dirty money in the Tory Party or is this just another red herring. Russian money was brought into the discussion to highlight the corruption within the Tory Party and the awarding of contracts during the pandemic of which 11 out 21 billion pounds worth of contracts were awarded to family, friends and cronies.

If you read the BBC article it does state it was the AZ Plants in the UK that were upgraded with EU as these were supposed to be the primary source of vaccines for the EU.
You slag off the EU and I slag off Blojo and his syncophants, what's the difference, you dont know if I slag off the Cypriot or not, as usual you're just assuming which you tend to do a lot of.

Jim
living the dream

I have slagged off the EU for good reason especially just of late - I also disagree with a lot this government has done which I have also been vocal about so unlike yourself I do try to keep a balanced view. And what does this thread have to do with dirty money in the Tory Party and the EU's antic of the last few days - nothing. This thread was about the Vaccine Issues and you then start banging on about a totally different topic.

To put things into perspective how many Labour MP's, Tory Mps, Lib Dem MP's being sacked from cabinet positions, sacked as MP etc etc over the years, likewise how many Labour, Tory and MEP's were caught fiddling and abusing the expenses allowances over the years there are all at so you trying to cast aspersions that it is just Bojo and this government is complete and utter nonsense.

Given your such a keyboard warrior with over 2100 posts to your credit Im not inclined to be bothered to go through everyone of your posts to fact check if you have bothered to slate Cypriot issues but I can't say over the posts I have ever read you have - its always the UK.

Since Brexit you have slated the UK government, the individuals you perceive as uneducated fools who voted for Brexit, various UK leaders and anything you can take glee in reporting as another faux faux to befall the UK - yet you are quite happy no doubt taking your UK State Pension, A private Pension no doubt managed by a UK company and no doubt using the NHS when you come back to the UK - You are a hypocrite of the highest order.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

I have never, ever called people who voted Brexit fools, again making comments that are patently untrue which appears to be your modus operandi.

Gavin Williamson and Priti Patel were both sacked by PM May for acts that for the ordinary man or women in the street would be classed as treasonous. Numerous MPs in this present government have been shown on record to have received payment from Russian sources, Liz Truss being one name that springs to mind. The point being it shows the corruption across the party and how Covid is just another Avenue for friends and cronies to make a fortune out of other people's misfortunes but if you're happy with what's going on......

How often I post is really none of your business, I'm certain if Dominic had complaints about the volume or content he would be the first to let me know but suffice to know most of them have nothing to do with politics. Calling me a keyboard warrior, you have really no idea .
How or where my Pensions are paid from, again is none of your business but I'm sure the Administors of said Pensions factored in any administrative costs..

Getting very personal as well about the NHS, again none of your business but just to put your mind at rest I was fortunate enough to have private medical insurance with the American company I worked for so didn't have to use the NHS even though I paid the top NI contribution but if you believe I'm a hypocrite of the highest order well that's your prerogative.
Your comments about me are becoming very petty..

Jim
living the dream

I think I will stick by my last comments -
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

living the dream wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:01 pm I think I will stick by my last comments -
As usual making assumptions with no real evidence Doh!!!, can't win the arguement so get personal. If believing in honesty and integrity makes me a hypocrit then I hold my hands up.

Good night.

Jim
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

living the dream wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:58 pm You love the UK !!!!!!!!!!! SINCE WHEN - for the last 4 years you have done nothing but slag the UK off for all to see. For the benefit of myself and the rest of Paphos Life members show us just one single EU lawyer that disputes the legitimacy of the AZ contract, show me one single EU lawyer that refutes what the CEO of AZ claimed in his statement regarding the AZ / EU contract. The only people who are questioning the contract are the same people who have made a complete pigs ear of the procurement process for your precious EU.

You say you despise the Tory Government so one can only assume that you are a staunch labour supporter - I seem to remember the last time Labour were in power they all but bankrupted the UK but I suppose that was OK in your book.

You state that Russian money is awash within the Tory party lets just look at how much Russian money has been laundered through Cyprus, most of Ayia Nappa, Limasol and Paphos was built off the back of Russian Money with vast amounts that turned up in suit cases and paid over the counter in many Cypriot banks with no questions asked. I don't need to resort to name calling you make yourself look ridiculous with your posts.
Interesting, that a worldwide slump caused initially by US banks and debts, that affected almost all countries, was the fault of the labour party? When Cameron took over, he promised to pay off the debt within his tenure - yet he doubled it. Boris will now double it again - should he be blamed for the pandemic effect, or only for the money passed to his cronies?

Now I am not labour supported - although I was decades ago ...
living the dream

Labour were doing well in their governance of the countries finances during an economic period of growth prior to the world financial crisis which you are quite right was not Labours fault however instead of tightening the purse strings during a financial crisis they ran a budget defecit which was totally irresposnisble during an unsustainable economic boom. Public sector spending increased by over £400 Billion rising to £902 Billion from 2007 to 2010, was this responsible fiscal policy during a t time of fiscal crisis.

Labour continued spending like it had gone out of fashion during a global fiscal crisis - financial sense or crass stupidity you tell me - had they decided to reduce public spending this would have given them room for manoeuvre during the crisis but they didn't so who's fault was that certainly not the opposition party.

By the time the Torys had taken over the budget deficit was £159 Billion which was then reduced to £121 Billion by 2011/12 according to government figures that said according to the ONS they showed it to be £11 Billon higher. The Torys during their tenure had reduced the country's debt which initially allowed for the exceptionally generous Covid support at the start of the pandemic however as the pandemic dragged on they have now had to borrow more than at any time in history.

I will be glad when this pandemic is over and a full enquiry can be held to look into the appropriation of contracts as I certainly agree that cronyism has taken place however only a full enquiry will show who has been involved in the awarding process and who ultimately signed off these contracts, who was in the loop, who was friends with who etc. Middle men paid millions for doing nothing, companies being set up and within 6 weeks directors who had no Medical PPE Procurement experience awarded multi-million pound contracts, companies with little or no experience in the procurement of PPE awarded multi million pound contracts - I agree it stinks however until ALL the facts come to light I am not going to start pointing fingers until such a time as all the facts are known in full and within the public domain
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

The Good Law Project won its court case in the High Court about the issue of illegal contracts awarded to friends and family by Matt Hancock; very little mention of it in the media, I wonder why?
Below is a link showing what the court case was about.

https://goodlawproject.org/case/procurement-case/

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-gov ... s-12222826

https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n511

Another point raised regarding the vaccine contracts that contrary to belief and misleading statements the EU signed their contract with Astra Zenica before the UK,

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/17/europe/u ... index.html

It's very difficult trying to find information as it's not available in the likes of the Mail or the Telegraph but it is there if you look for it.

Jim
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

The UK news put the headline story last night as Harry no longer being able to wear his military uniform as the main event 🤐
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

A Judicial Review has been applied for against Blojo with regards to Priti Patel and accusations of "Bullying" staff. Let's see how this one turns out.

https://voxpoliticalonline.com/2021/02/ ... -bullying/
The Aquila

Re: The EU has lost a legal battle in Brussels

Post by The Aquila »

Coronavirus: Setback for EU in legal fight with AstraZeneca https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-57531064

The EU has lost a legal battle in Brussels to force Anglo-Swedish drug maker AstraZeneca to supply 120m doses of Covid-19 vaccine by the end of June.

It went to court last month after the company delayed shipment of the vital vaccines, having originally committed to supply 300m doses by the same date.

However, the EU demand was not satisfied by the judge in Brussels.

But the judge did impose deadlines on AstraZeneca to supply doses to the EU over the summer or face hefty fines.

Both the EU and the pharmaceutical company talked up Friday's court order, with Brussels saying it confirmed its position and AstraZeneca saying it welcomed the outcome.

The two-dose Oxford-AstraZeneca jab is one of the big three vaccines, along with those developed by Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna, and has by far the greatest global reach.

The judge at the Court of First Instance in Brussels ordered AstraZeneca to deliver 15m doses by 26 July, another 20m by 23 August and another 15m by 27 September, for a total of 50m doses.

If the company fails to do so, the order says, it must pay a penalty of €10 (£8.5; $12) per dose not delivered.

But the demand for 120m doses by the end of this month was not accepted.

Welcoming the court order, AstraZeneca said it had already supplied more than 70m doses to the EU and would "substantially exceed" 80.2m doses by the end of June.

It noted that the order acknowledged that "the difficulties experienced by AstraZeneca in this unprecedented situation" had had a "substantial impact on the delay" of vaccine deliveries

"AstraZeneca now looks forward to renewed collaboration with the European Commission to help combat the pandemic in Europe," it added.

The President of the European Commission, Ursula von der Leyen, also welcomed the order but said it confirmed the Commission's view that AstraZeneca had not lived "up to the commitments it made in the contract".

"It is good to see that an independent judge confirms this," she said. "This shows that our European vaccination campaign not only delivers for our citizens day by day. It also demonstrates, that it was founded on a sound legal basis."

What else do the two sides disagree on?

A lawyer representing the EU said the court order meant AstraZeneca must also use a British factory, Oxford Biomedica, to deliver Covid-19 vaccines to the EU if necessary. The factory has been used to supply the vaccine to the UK.

Among other things, the court order says: "The choice to monopolise the Oxford site for the benefit of the UK and in so doing to deprive the EU of an expressly foreseen production site seems even more prejudicial considering its production capacity is twice that of other sites."

But AstraZeneca says the legal judgement does not oblige the company to use the Oxford BioMedica plant to fulfil its contract with the EU.

A further court ruling is expected in September on whether AstraZeneca made its best efforts to fulfil its advance purchase agreement with the EU.

The original June target of 300m doses was agreed in negotiations last summer but was then cut by AstraZeneca to 100m because of production problems and export restrictions. That reduction prompted the EU to make its demand for 120m doses.