Ain't that just so...

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
beachcaster

Re: Ain't that just so...

Post by beachcaster »

Job done. Well done Boris .
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Surely, the deal is not done until all 27+1 parties have given the green light?
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Give it a rest Lloyd, your constant bellyaching has become quite tedious. A pity you didn’t get off your arse and vote instead of constantly whingeing on here.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Jimgym wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:51 pm Give it a rest Lloyd, your constant bellyaching has become quite tedious. A pity you didn’t get off your arse and vote instead of constantly whingeing on here.
But neither did you Alan and you're always one of the first to jump in to defend Brexit.
Pot and kettle springs to mind.

Jim
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

beachcaster wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:44 pm Job done. Well done Boris .
You are aware the deal doesn't include Services which is a big chunk of our dealings with the EU.
Anyone can make a bad deal , or doesn't that matter to you?. Whatever the deal it's going to cost all of us more.

Jim
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Jim B wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:58 pm
Jimgym wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:51 pm Give it a rest Lloyd, your constant bellyaching has become quite tedious. A pity you didn’t get off your arse and vote instead of constantly whingeing on here.
But neither did you Alan and you're always one of the first to jump in to defend Brexit.
Pot and kettle springs to mind.

Jim
No Jim, I defend the democratic decision, irrespective of which way it went. The majority voted to leave and I accepted that.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Alan
Let's leave it for today and lock horns tomorrow.

Best wishes to you and your partner for Christmas and the coming New Year.

Jim and Family.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Best wishes to you and yours also Jim! Here's to a better 2021!

Allan
Maggie B

Post by Maggie B »

Love is in the air. 😁🤔

MB
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Maggie B wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:44 pm Love is in the air. 😁🤔

MB
I'm jealous! :lol: :lol:
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

:P
Maggie B wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:44 pm Love is in the air. 😁🤔

MB
:lol:
living the dream

Post by living the dream »

HIC - why don’t you and your remoaner mates give it a rest, you were unhappy that a democratic vote didn’t go your way, you were all convinced No Deal was a dead cert, now there is a deal your still unhappy, the Erasmus scheme is to be revamped, people can still travel in Europe visa free for up to 90 days, people can still work in other parts of Europe if they so wish under some form of visa, more import than all of those things there will be no tariffs etc. Get a life and move on - very few of your and your cronies rants of I Told You So and predictions of doom have come to fruition and in fact according to today’s reports Britain has regained its standing as the Worlds 5th largest economy.

Obviously all the remainers especially those on this forum for the last 4 years have had their heads down a toilet throwing up at the fact we can’t be ruled by the EU anymore while the rest of the nation have cracked on and worked to try and build our economy. Things may not be all a bed of roses but with a deal in place 52% of the country can finally crack on with the knowledge we can still trade freely with the EU and build a new trading relationship, something remainers are just out and out upset with and obviously against.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

LTD
As I keep telling you, I'm no ones crony and dont understand why I should shut up just to make you and your fellow leavers happy.
You and your fellow leavers voted to take rights and privileges away from me and my family that we enjoyed and I for one am not going to lie down and accept leavers myopic and jaundiced view of the world and the EU in particular.
In your post you've made misleading claims which are just not true. There is no revamped Erasmus, they say they will replace it with a but as yet undecided system of which there are no details apart from the name; another one of Boris's promises that we will have to wait and see if its fulfilled but like many I won't hold my breath going on his track record.
You keep going on about 52% of the population but it was actually 36% who voted to leave, another leave exaggeration.
I could keep on but you're letting your dislike of the EU and Remain voters affect your views, the deal is flawed and theres more negatives than positives about it. Just in Time deliveries will be a thing of the past as items will now have to clear customs and costs will go up because of the amount of paperwork involved.
I used to work overseas and opportunities will be only for the highly skilled like it was before so you shouldn't make out that nothing has changed because it has.
And finally from all the foriegn media Ive read or watched, far from gaining our standing in the world , we're a total laughing stock.

Jim
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

I’ll watch with interest, the deteriorating workers in the NHS, social care, retail and hospitality, now a minimum wage needs to be £26,500 and a points system of qualifications, to work in the UK

I'll bet anyone on here £100 we will step back on the immigration policy as London in particular falls apart with shortages of staff in all sectors.

The sooner Priti Patel dissapesrs the better. She's back pushing for Capila Punidhment again. She really is totally misguided and I'd actually class her as evil.
living the dream

32% / 52% - dress it up how you want, the fact was the UK voted Leave. People in The UK who voted leave voted on issues that they felt affected their daily lives as a result the vote leave won - you chose to live in Cyprus and do not live with the same issues as those who live and work in the UK. you can keep flogging a dead horse but the facts are a deal has been done and the UK is leaving, if your that unhappy your solution is easy rip up your British Passport and apply for Cypriot Citizenship
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

You're the one dressing it up, not me. You said 52% of the population voted leave and I just pointed out your figure was misleading as only 36% (not32%) actually voted leave.
Brexit affects me and my family possibly as much as a family living in the UK so why shouldn't I have my say. I find leavers spout about Sovereignty And Democracy but do their dammedest to deny it to all those who disagree with them and your above post confirms this.
Below is a link from the Fishermen who now see they were sold out, I like many were under the impression that was one of the cornerstones of regaining Sovereignty but no doubt they'll be the first of many who will regret voting for Brexit.

https://nffo.org.uk/news/miniscule-marg ... hetic.html
living the dream

Uk had a fantastic fishing industry prior to signing up to the EU Common Fisheries Policy which after that the sector was decimated thanks to EU fishing fleets, i haven’t read the report but from what i have glanced at the UK will have sovereignty over its water within next 6 years which can only benefit the future of the UK fleets. 36% was of the actual vote which equated to 52% either way the public voted to leave.

Loyal EU remainers were so complacent just like the EU technocrats and thought the rest of the UK would follow suit with their rose tinted view of the EU, had those same people got off those backsides and be bothered to vote in such a historic referendum then perhaps the result may have been different it is no good whinging about losing your rights to the EU and what brexit voters have done to you when so many people with your ideology couldn’t even be bothered to vote. There was months of campaigning leading up to the vote, everyone knew how important it was yet a large part of the electorate didn’t bother so stop the bleating about what brexit voters have done and start looking at what other voters didn’t do.
living the dream

And the UK being in the Top 5 of the largest global economies was confirmed by the Centre For Economic And Business Research
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

What nonsense. The EU didn't decimate the fishing, 5 families offered cash for trawler men to sell out. These families still own most of the catch and will after 6 years.

Also, the months of leave campaigning concentrated on lies. £350m to the NHS. Long lines of coloured faces that wouldn't be coming to the UK. Lies about sovereignty, rules and more. The complaint billionaire capitalist media owners filled the less educated with English Nationalist racism.
Last edited by Jimgward on Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Fishing was in decline well before joining the EEC.
https://unearthed.greenpeace.org/2019/0 ... fleetwood/
I could go on but read this article and then come back and tell me it's all the EUs fault. There are plenty of articles like this explaing a lot of the problems were of our own making. If you don't believe this article google decline in UK fishing.and there's lots more saying the same thing.

Jim

Jim