Amazon UK..

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
JimX

Amazon UK..

Post by JimX »

Buying restrictions from January 1st 2021 sent to me today.So personally I will use Amazon DE.

Hello,

As you have placed an order on Amazon.co.uk and selected an EU delivery address in the past, we wanted to let you know that from 1 January 2021, when the Brexit transition period ends, you’ll see some changes when you shop on Amazon.co.uk and select an EU delivery address. These changes could include:

- VAT (or the regional equivalent, if applicable, https://www.amazon.co.uk/vatrates) being due in the country of delivery, or your package may be subject to customs duties, taxes and fees (“Import Fees”)
- the collection of VAT, or an estimation of Import Fees (“Import Fee Deposit” https://www.amazon.co.uk/ifd), which may result in a price change at checkout.

We will continue to accept eligible returns. If the reason for return is the result of an error (e.g. if the item is defective / damaged / incorrect), any costs incurred for the return will be paid by Amazon. Otherwise, any costs incurred for the return (including transport costs, as well as any associated import fees or customs where applicable) will be payable by the person returning the goods https://www.amazon.co.uk/returnshelp.

We hope this helps and we see you again soon.

Regards,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.co.uk

Please note: This e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that can't accept incoming e-mail. Please don't reply to this message
Jim.
trevnhil

Re: Amazon UK..

Post by trevnhil »

I too received that Email as I imagine all customers outside the UK will have done. Like you I will buy more from Amazon DE now
Trev..
WHL

Post by WHL »

The Joys of Brexit
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Use Amazon DE in English then you don't need to rely on Chrome translating ... It doesn't alter the price though ha ha
https://www.amazon.de/gp/switch-languag ... uage=en_GB
Trev..
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

I can see more people using companies like RSS logistics they charge on the size of item and are very reasonable.
David
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:24 am BREXIT - the gift that keeps on giving. We're into Project Reality now.

Sadly, many items I choose to buy from Amazon.co.uk are not Available on Amazon.de. Plus, some parts of the site do not convert to English, even when using Chrome.

Still, they voted for it didn't they? So the will of the people - who largely hadn't got a clue what they were voting for - must be observed.
You are only happy when having a good old MOAN, :mrgreen:
All things are possible
WHL

Post by WHL »

Lincoln wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:08 am
Happy in Cyprus wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:24 am BREXIT - the gift that keeps on giving. We're into Project Reality now.

Sadly, many items I choose to buy from Amazon.co.uk are not Available on Amazon.de. Plus, some parts of the site do not convert to English, even when using Chrome.

Still, they voted for it didn't they? So the will of the people - who largely hadn't got a clue what they were voting for - must be observed.
You are only happy when having a good old MOAN, :mrgreen:
I think HIC and many others who live here have a right to moan, as this Brexit cockup affects them
WHL

Post by WHL »

Uncle D wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:51 am I can see more people using companies like RSS logistics they charge on the size of item and are very reasonable.
You will still have to pay the added VAT and duties?
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Just ignore my post i was thinking of postge costs
David
Paulo

Post by Paulo »

HIC, I’m sure that all of those people who voted for Brexit will be devastated now that a bunch of ex-pats (the majority of whom don’t pay any UK taxes) may have to pay a little extra on goods bought through Amazon.co.Uk.
I bet they can’t sleep at night!
JimX

Post by JimX »

The above ''what a stupid comment''

No deal, just see how the £ goes and in what direction, also how many jobs will be depleted. Brexit is a disaster as many said before the vote that only just went through unfortunately.
Jim.
2QuarterPints

Post by 2QuarterPints »

The vote that only just went through ... by over 1.25 Million votes! So many disgruntled ex-Pats about Brexit even though you have left the UK to live in the EU.
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

Lloyd, as you have posted many times in the past, you left the UK for countless reasons one of which was that Cyprus had a more favourable tax arrangement for you and your family. I’m sure I’ve also read on several occasions that you you would never return to the UK because of the immigration policy, police state, high taxes blah blah blah.

So, you now live in Cyprus and love it here and as I understand have done so for many years; as I have and for many of the same reasons.

Apart from the few quid a year extra you may have to pay for Amazon “imports” a year why is Brexit such a huge issue to you?
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:49 pm
trevnhil wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:43 am Use Amazon DE in English then you don't need to rely on Chrome translating ... It doesn't alter the price though ha ha /

I am aware of that feature Trev and was using it while you were still in nappies ;) But Chrome does a more effective job.
OUCH... :-( And I thought I was trying to help. I live and learn
Trev..
Maggie B

Post by Maggie B »

Yes Trev. . . .Lloyd being a total bitch there. Behave yourself Lloydy Boy and wind your neck in.

Trev is totally uncontroversial . . . . . even with the winky emoji. Peeps are feeling this keenly and trying to be helpful . . . . .

Said in the the best 'possible taste' as Kenny Everet would say by the way. ❤ 😨

MB
Last edited by Maggie B on Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maggie B

Post by Maggie B »

I now trully believe Nicola Sturgeon should lead Scotland out of this total cluster bucket. Scotland did NOT vote for Brexit.

Maggie B

PS Apologies for taking this one totally off course. 😣
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

Sturgeon doesn’t want to be part of the UK because she wants to make her own decisions for Scotland but wants to be part of the EU? :shock: :lol:
Maggie B

Post by Maggie B »

The Aquila wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:33 pm Sturgeon doesn’t want to be part of the UK because she wants to make her own decisions for Scotland but wants to be part of the EU? :shock: :lol:
I honestly have to ask you 'The Aquila'. Why do you think that is shocking and funny?

MB
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Bendy bananas.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Even when I was a student in Edinburgh 60 years ago, I was not an independentist, although I had a good laugh when the Stone of Scone was stolen and dumped in Arbroath Abbey, if I remember correctly. I stayed independent until about a couple of years ago, when little niggles entered into this cranium. I cannot say that I like Nicola Sturgeon but I am beginning to like what she is standing for. Despite her gender, she has the balls to stand up to that idiot in number 10 and anyone who does that, deserves my admiration.The devil has spoken:-):-) :-)