The State of Trump

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
Uncle D

Re: The State of Trump

Post by Uncle D »

Chaddy wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:50 pm
wilky wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:20 pm Time to bring in the men with the white coats surely the American people cannot possibly vote that clown in again.
Sorry wilky do you get your info from the UK media or worse the BBC :o
I take it that you don't like the BBC then :lol:
David
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

I know some left-wing people who swear the BBC is a right-wing biased organisation. I also know some right-wing people who swear the BBC is a left-wing biased organisation. Who is right?
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Jimgward wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:44 am Who is right?
Both of them, because I find the BBC is remarkably impartial for UK politics, perhaps a tad left of centre for US politics. In fact, I do not know of any news organisation that is more open-minded.
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

BBC " impartial " in the few times i watch the BBC news i have never heard anyone being interviewed speak well of Donald Trump....just coincidence i suppose. :roll:
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Maybe the fault does not lie with the BBC but with the personality of the interviewee and that of president Trump. It is possible that the BBC did not speak well of Hitler in the 1940s or, more recently, of Mugabe.

In reality, most of the criticism of Trump on the BBC stems from independent interviewees and not of BBC employees who have to be impartial.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Yeah! Sure! And I have been on this forum for 198 years! Do I get a cake in two years time?
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

The world doesn't need Trump, let alone The USA!
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

mike strand2 wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:45 pm The world doesn't need Trump, let alone The USA!
I suppose we did,nt need them in WW11.We could have beat Hitler without them :lol: :lol:
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

You can hardly equate the late comer into World War II, 80 years ago, with a leader like Roosevelt, to the current USA with a non-leader like Trump.
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Devil wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:23 pm You can hardly equate the late comer into World War II, 80 years ago, with a leader like Roosevelt, to the current USA with a non-leader like Trump.
Devil,may i respectfully ask you,have you spent any reasonable time in the states recently? If you have not then i would assume you get all your information about " a non leader like Trump " from the British media,and worst still the BBC.Then fair enough i understand how you have formed this opinion about him :)
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Chaddy wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:44 am Devil,may i respectfully ask you,have you spent any reasonable time in the states recently? If you have not then i would assume you get all your information about " a non leader like Trump " from the British media,and worst still the BBC.Then fair enough i understand how you have formed this opinion about him :)
I will respectfully answer that, no, I have not been in the USA recently, nor have I any desire to do so.

You have not understood how the BBC works. On the one hand, it is one of the leading worldwide news organisations in the world, collecting data and reporting it as accurately as it can, free from political bias. On the other hand, it is also a medium which welcomes opinion from left, right and centre and expresses it as evenly as possible. You therefore have to differentiate between the data and the opinion. It seems that you are unable to do this and you judge only on the opinion and never on the data.

Other news sources that I respect are Reuters, FT and the Economist.
2020-09-28_111857.jpg
2020-09-28_111857.jpg (64.24 KiB) Viewed 4553 times
I believe that this attachment sums up the accuracy of the various media in the USA, very well. May I respectfully suggest that you have a look at where the media you prefer is situated in the list. I think you may get a surprise.
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Interesting chart Devil.However i spend 4/5 months of the year in the states ( not just now of course with covid) my daughter and son in law are US citizens ( 20 odd years ).She speaks to us on a regular basis and says according to the polls there that Trump is slightly ahead.So have more than 50% of Americans got it wrong??? Maybe they dont know what they are doing.I can assure you that if you say lived there you could probably have an alternate opinion..Unless you where a liberal of course.
UK news headlines....Trump rants on again to his cronies about the covid situation.
US headlines... Trump calls urgent meeting to discuss the covid situation with his advisers.

Take your pick.Its all about where you get your news from.

Black unemployment at its lowest ever level.You would,nt hear that on the BBC.

Sorry if i,m ranting!!
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 ... taxes.html

Trump’s tax records revealed by NYTIMES and they reveal he has used every trick int he book to pay ZERO taxes in 10 out of 15 years recently.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Chaddy wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:23 pm Interesting chart Devil.However i spend 4/5 months of the year in the states ( not just now of course with covid) my daughter and son in law are US citizens ( 20 odd years ).She speaks to us on a regular basis and says according to the polls there that Trump is slightly ahead.So have more than 50% of Americans got it wrong??? Maybe they dont know what they are doing.I can assure you that if you say lived there you could probably have an alternate opinion..Unless you where a liberal of course.
UK news headlines....Trump rants on again to his cronies about the covid situation.
US headlines... Trump calls urgent meeting to discuss the covid situation with his advisers.

Sorry if i,m ranting!!
Trump was elected with the support of only about 40% of the electorate. The US bias towards the old confederate states means they get more than their share of places.

The Democrat voters are by far the largest group in the US, but many don’t vote.
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

Chaddy wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:12 pm
mike strand2 wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:45 pm The world doesn't need Trump, let alone The USA!
I suppose we did,nt need them in WW11.We could have beat Hitler without them :lol: :lol:
That was the most puerile response yet from you Chaddy. Did I say anthing about history? No, we are in 2020. I'll say this for you, you don't easily give up on here, even though you haven't got a single supporter (I think).
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Chaddy wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:23 pm Interesting chart Devil.However i spend 4/5 months of the year in the states ( not just now of course with covid) my daughter and son in law are US citizens ( 20 odd years ).She speaks to us on a regular basis and says according to the polls there that Trump is slightly ahead.So have more than 50% of Americans got it wrong??? Maybe they dont know what they are doing.I can assure you that if you say lived there you could probably have an alternate opinion..Unless you where a liberal of course.

Sorry if i,m ranting!!
I suspect that you may have your head in the clouds. I have not seen a single poll over the past several weeks stating that Trump is ahead; in fact, they all say that he is 9 to 10% behind. Is this wishful thinking?

You quote UK news and US headlines without the slightest justification of where your sentences came from; you should always justify quotations, as I justified the source of the chart that I posted in my last post.

Then you go to say that black unemployment is at its lowest level in the USA. It may be true that you would not hear that on the BBC but neither would you hear it on Fox News, Reuters or anywhere else, simply because it is not true since the upsurge of unemployment due to the coronavirus outbreak.

Sorry, I never believe whatever is posted on these forums, no matter from whom, unless there is solid justification for a statement. You have given none! :-( :-(
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Les Bean wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:29 pm Black unemployment
Screenshot_20200928_151512_com.opera.browser.jpg
Latest election poll

https://ig.ft.com/us-election-2020/
Covid????
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Chaddy wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:09 pm
Les Bean wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:29 pm Black unemployment
Screenshot_20200928_151512_com.opera.browser.jpg
Latest election poll

https://ig.ft.com/us-election-2020/
Covid????
Nah Trump being seen as a liar, thief, charlatan, racist, hypocrite, stupid, two-timing, misogynist ... but otherwise, I quite like him!
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Ok Jim i,ll contact my daughter in the states and let you know the solid facts..Oh you have that the wrong way round ,it is Fox news that are pro Trump and its CNN that are anti Trump."Black unemployment at its lowest level" was PRE covid of course.
As you ask me for evidence,could you supply evidencel where it is proved that Trump is a liar,thief,charlatan,stupid,hyporite two timing misogynist.

How on earth did a guy with all these attributes become the most powerfull man on the planet.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Chaddy, he became so, because some people in the USA are so stupid. I have seen interviews at Trump rallies, where people have said even if he did “grab them by the pussy”, or lie, or cheat, they would still vote for him.

You must be naive if you haven’t seen evidence of Trump being all those things. That isn’t just borne from CNN or your hated BBC, but also from Fox and other news sites. Your daughter also does not know the sold facts. She might live in the US, but she will still be susceptible to the same new outlets we all are. She therefore makes judgement based on that. Just as we do.

I could give evidence for all those things I say, as it’s so easily found, but since it is, go find it yourself.