The State of Trump

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
Dominic
Site Admin

The State of Trump

Post by Dominic »

I didn't want to post this on the serious thread about the Lebanon explosion.

So here is a thread about Trump, where it belongs, in politics. Or should it go in jokes?

Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Re: The State of Trump

Post by Devil »

"The media could not be played"
:-( :-( :-(
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

It plays OK for me ...
Trev..
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

OK, works now!
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

He's made won or to mustakes! :lol:
wilky

Post by wilky »

Time to bring in the men with the white coats surely the American people cannot possibly vote that clown in again.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Ronald Reagans 'Princess David' speech was funny and sad at the same time, I can see Donald is heading that way.
David
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Termites Dream wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:29 pm I am not sure Biden is going to do any better. You can go on Youtube and there is no shortage of Biden gaffs. I cannot believe a country of 300+ million can only produce two old men, who are well past their prime.

Me neither. It is a complete mystery to me. They should stand aside and support somebody younger and more able.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Having watched the clip, it seems that there maybe more to this. I think that there may be a physical cause which needs investigation.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Sheer Khan

Post by Sheer Khan »

I did read somewhere that the Governor of New York, Andrew Cuomo, was approached to stand for the Democrats but wasn’t interested.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

I think a trained chimp put up against Trump could win.Biden May be a step too far unfortunately.
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Jimgward wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:07 pm I think a trained chimp put up against Trump could win.Biden May be a step too far unfortunately.
Jimgward,have you ever spent a decent amount of time in the states recently.Also where do you get your information about Donald trump from....Please dont reply if its from the Bolshovic Broadcasting Corperation ( the BBC ) :lol:
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

You could do a gaff like this on ANYBODY no matter how righteous.
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Jimgward wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:07 pm I think a trained chimp put up against Trump could win.Biden May be a step too far unfortunately.
Jimgward,have you ever spent a decent amount of time in the states recently.Also where do you get your information about Donald trump from....Please dont reply if its from the Bolshovic Broadcasting Corperation ( the BBC ) :lol:
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Chaddy wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:08 pm
Not recently, but my younger brother lives in Wisconsin, my elder brother Florida. Does this give me some kudos?

I also read all sorts of news broadcasts, from CNN, to Fox and more. I read most of the Donald’s tweets and many comments on them.

I warned on here about the insidious Qanon, some time ago. I happen to know quite a bit about US politics. I speak to businesses and business people from the US quite a lot. People who support Trump and oppose him. I ask them why.

So, certainly not close enough to know much about local issues, but enough, IMO to have an opinion, thank you very much.
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Thats fair enough Jimgward a good reply.Then you will be well aware how differently Fox and CNN report news on Donald Trump.I wont then inform you of the achievments Trump has made whilst he has been in office.Statistically the most succesfull president ever.
Oh, my daughter and son in law are US citizens ( 21years ) and i spend 3/4 months of the year in the states,So probably qualified to form an opinion.
I must admit i will not have my intelligence insulted by watching BBC news.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Chaddy wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:10 pm I must admit i will not have my intelligence insulted by watching BBC news.
At least you claim to have intelligence by watching the BBC News, even if you consider it limited. I doubt very much whether this is the case when you watch American newscasts which always have a fat political agenda and no real meat.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Chaddy, if you think the BBC is biased, what about Fox? A channel with blonde women all from similar stock, along with caustic blokes who daren’t speak out against Trump.

Trump has achieved little in reality. His only achievement is the stock-market. It’s all he cares about. He has zero empathy with anyone. He can barely read and his Covid crisis management has been as bad as Johnson’s
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Jimgward wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:10 pm Chaddy, if you think the BBC is biased, what about Fox? A channel with blonde women all from similar stock, along with caustic blokes who daren’t speak out against Trump.

Trump has achieved little in reality. His only achievement is the stock-market. It’s all he cares about. He has zero empathy with anyone. He can barely read and his Covid crisis management has been as bad as Johnson’s
I agree Fox news is as biased as the BBC. ( or maybe a little less ).So should we all lean to the BBC left wing thought or Fox,s right leaning.You say Trump has achieved little in reality????? Watch this space i,ll prove you way out on that ( none which has been shown on the Bolshovic Broadcasting Association of course.
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

wilky wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:20 pm Time to bring in the men with the white coats surely the American people cannot possibly vote that clown in again.
Sorry wilky do you get your info from the UK media or worse the BBC :o