Do you trully know If you are Racist . . .or not?

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
lotus

Re: Do you trully know If you are Racist . . .or not?

Post by lotus »

Lotus is a he not a she! Thing is it's all on my I pad,believe me I will take action
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Uncle D wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:13 pm
Jimgym wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:04 pm
Uncle D wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:33 am Continually defending that you are not racist reveals an element of guilt, otherwise why bother
If I continuously called you a bigot or racist, or anything else derogatory for that matter would you defend yourself? Or stay silent and let people assume you are what I accuse you of? Perhaps that is why Loyus is continually responding and asserting something?
I would at first deny it and then ignore badgering comments without any real proof to say I am or I am not. How can Lotus prove it? she cant!
Which is fine, but we all behave and react differently. But that doesn't make a person guilty of what they are accused of. The trouble is, when something is repeated often enough, people start to believe it, with or without proof and that can be a good or a bad thing!
lotus

Post by lotus »

Thanks Jimgym,thing is I would take action,as I have said many times I am not a racist,I have plenty of time and the money so it's not a problem,it's serious nowadays being called a racist,and I have all the proof I need.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

lotus wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:54 pm Thanks Jimgym,thing is I would take action,as I have said many times I am not a racist,I have plenty of time and the money so it's not a problem,it's serious nowadays being called a racist,and I have all the proof I need.
To be honest, one or two replies to the comments to state you don't consider yourself to be a racist should be quite sufficient.

You don't have to respond with examples and reasons for your thinking or feelings. Just ignore any further remarks from those people and they will soon get bored if you don't take the bait.

You can also block them which means although their comments will be visible to others, you no longer have to see them.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
lotus

Post by lotus »

Thanks Photolady no I wouldn't block them as I don't mind people voicing their opinions,and to be quite honest it's right they we all have different views,and this is the point of this forum,but,I draw the line at being called a racist,ok I have my personnel views of what's going on in UK,but again I am not racist, I do wish that other members would get posting as it seems me included,not you,the same boring old buggers with their own views wether they are right or wrong,let's have some fresh input!
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Lotus

You can't win, once they have you in their teeth, they don't let go, no matter what you say.

It's a shame that they are unable or unwilling to consider another person's view without going for the throat, but that's the way of the pack.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

It's not so much the overt racial comments but more the condescending superior attitude that my wife who is from Central Asia receives from people (generally British) regularly. They start to slow down speaking and talk to her in pigeon English which I find quite amusing as she now speaks seven languages and has a Masters in English.
I like to think I'm not racist but I can hold my hand up and say I believe its inherent in all of us to a certain extent.
That's just my personal opinion.

Jim
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Jim B wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:49 pm I like to think I'm not racist but I can hold my hand up and say I believe its inherent in all of us to a certain extent.
That's just my personal opinion.
Jim
I agree with you, Jim. In a way, you are confirming what I wrote in an earlier post, below:
In my humble opinion (well! Not really humble!) some form of racism is innate in all of us. That having been said, it is a form of politeness to artificially suppress it.
lotus

Post by lotus »

No implication meant les bean,stop splitting hairs
lotus

Post by lotus »

Firefly,this so called pack doesn't bother me at all,I am a stubborn sod,to me there just a bunch of typical old fashioned farts who have to poke their nose in and think they are always right,why o why can't we have some new comers posting for a change?thankyou for your message firefly..... Jim B,fair play to your wife,I notice some Brits talking to Cypriots that way as well,
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Please could members of this forum let it be known what they think future historians will write about what is going on in the UK now. But before anyone gives their views,bear in mind that we never learn of history.Fact.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

lotus wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:17 pm Firefly,this so called pack doesn't bother me at all,I am a stubborn sod,to me there just a bunch of typical old fashioned farts who have to poke their nose in and think they are always right,why o why can't we have some new comers posting for a change?thankyou for your message firefly..... Jim B,fair play to your wife,I notice some Brits talking to Cypriots that way as well,
How can you call them old fashioned? You are the one living in the 19th century.

Younger people read comments like that facebook post on the other thread and are quite rightly appalled.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
lotus

Post by lotus »

Will have some interesting response methinks,just noticed on Facebook poor old nigger s name has been replaced by as yet unknown name,not posting this to cause offence by the way
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Lotus

Why can't we have some newcomers posting for a change ? Probably because they have seen the way posters with opposing views are treated by the pack.

I'm a stubborn sod too, that's why I continue to post here, a lot gave up long ago.

Jackie.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
lotus

Post by lotus »

Perhaps they aren't old fashioned I neither know or care to be honest,strange,I googled the items on the Facebook page recently and most of it is true,again not a problem to me,we all have to live together,but getting rid of nigger just sums things up for me
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

They weren't. They were racist nonsense.

I'm locking this thread too, because quite frankly it is boring now.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.