Taking things too far.

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Re: Taking things too far.

Post by Devil »

https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-a ... -snowflake

IMHO, any metaphorical use of the word snowflake appears to be derogatory/offensive; the only legitimate use that the word has is to describe water falling from the sky in the form of hexagonal crystals.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Dominic wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:22 am
boycott wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:52 am
WHL wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:36 am

Are you saying there arnt any leftist who are racists, never forget an incident we saw in trendy Hampstead, , we were sitting outside a coffee shop, when a black parking warden started to write a ticket for car, illegally parked, when the car owner come running out of a nearby shop, he looked like a uni professor, not your skinhead type, shouting out, go back to Africa you bleep bleep black bleep, he got in his car and drove off, on his rear windscreen was a sticker, say no to racism, i kid you not.
WHL, plenty of stereotyping in your statement! How do you look like a uni professor and even if he was one does he have to be a leftie? How do you know he was the owner of the car?

Looking like a University Professor is an expression, like looking like a maiden aunt. It would imply messy hair, glasses, possibly a jacket with pads on the elbows, and corduroy trousers. That sort of thing. You do see a lot of that look at universities. Well you did thirty years ago anyway.

If he wasn't the car owner, why would he be shouting at the traffic warden?
You have described him to a T, in fact every one sitting there heard his offensive rant, and my daughter went up to the warden, and told him if he was going to report it, she would be a witness for him,
anyone who knows that area of Hampstead would know it is the last place you would expect to hear that sort of nonsense,
WHL

Post by WHL »

lotus wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:26 am Believe what you like,but truthfully I am not racist not like WHL 🤔
And what brings you to that conclusion, im all ears
lotus

Post by lotus »

Sorry WHL that was a misprint
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Copied from a FB post.

I am not racist ok....but I'm posting this cause there's truth in it and it does make you wonder....I have been wondering about why whites are racists, and no other race is?
There are British Africans, British Chinese, British Asian, British Turks, etc, etc, etc.
And then there are just British. You know what I mean, plain ole English people that were born here. You can include the Welsh, the Scottish and the people who live off our shores of Great Britain.
You say that whites commit a lot of violence against you. So why are the ghettos the most dangerous places to live?
You have Muslim only areas.
You have the Muslim Council of Great Britain.
You have Black History Month.
You have swimming pools for Asian women.
You have Islamic banks for Muslims only.
You have year of the dragon day for Chinese people.
If we had a White Pride Day, you would call us racists.
If we had White History Month, we'd be racists.
If we had any organization for only whites to 'advance' OUR lives, we'd be racists.
A white woman could not be in the Miss Black Britain or Miss Asia, but any colour can be in the Miss UK.
If we had a college fund that only gave white students scholarships, you know we'd be racists.
There are over 200 openly proclaimed Muslim only schools in England. Yet if there were 'White schools only', that would be racist!
In the Bradford riots and Toxteth riots, you believed that you were standing-up for your race and rights. If we stood-up for our race and rights, you would call us racists.
You are proud to be black, brown, yellow and orange, and you're not afraid to announce it and that’s fine. But when we announce our white pride, you call us racists.
We fly our flag, we are racists. If we celebrate St George's day we are racists.
You can fly your flag and it’s called diversity. You celebrate your cultures and it’s called multiculturalism.
I am proud.... but you’d call me a racist.
Why is it that only whites can be racists??
There is nothing improper about this and I’m not declaring any hatred for any race, I’m just annoyed by the lack of equal representation and selected media coverage.
Let’s see which of you are proud enough to agree.
I sadly don't think many will. That's why we have LOST most of OUR RIGHTS in this country. We won't stand up for ourselves!
BEING PROUD TO BE WHITE! It's not a crime, YET... but its getting very close.
Oh and ALL lives matter.

Something to think about.
Last edited by Firefly on Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Well, I suppose that even in Facebook you may find racism in every sense. That diatribe is just plain stupid and I am surprised that you republished it. Or am I? If the author had ever lived in another country, he would never have published such codswallop. There are guys in this village who do not like the handful of foreigners – and they make it clear. On the other hand, the great majority of the villagers welcome us. But these anti-British villagers may have good reason dating back to the 1950s for their dislike of us; how can I tell? But am quite sure that if they wrote a similar diatribe on Facebook, it would read similarly except for the mentioned nationalities. However I have little doubt that they would not be bothered to write such trash on Facebook.
lotus

Post by lotus »

Firefly I totally agree with your post,that's exactly how the UK has become,AGAIN I AM NOT BEING RACIST!!!!!, but everything printed on there is true
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Firefly wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:06 pm Copied from a FB post.

Something to think about.
What a load of racist tosh. For a start, it appears to be addressing minorities, when most of the complaints come from white people.

And Lotus, yes you are being racist.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
lotus

Post by lotus »

And no Dominic I am not a racist,perhaps you don't like the truth,the statement on that Facebook page is all true,that's not a racist remark,it's just listing what's happening in UK
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

No it isn't. It is racist bollocks. The only reason it is still up on this page is because I believe the best way to combat racism and other forms of extremism is to hold them up for public inspection, so people can see just how dumb-ass and horrible it is.
lotus

Post by lotus »

I agree racism is a terrible thing,the Facebook item is not being racist it's simply stating what's happening over there and it's getting worse,everybody should be equal
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

You are fooling nobody but yourself.

Take the Union flag and the George Cross. They were hijacked by the far right. White English people abused them to spread their messages of hate. That is why the rest of the population (including white English people not associated with the far right) are so uneasy about them.

And Saint George's day? People don't celebrate it in the UK. Nobody cares. Most people who go to church only do so at Christmas, a marriage or baptism. Nobody really cares about St George's Day. It's not because they aren't patriotic or afraid of being racist. They just don't care. I mean, it's not as if he was even English, is it? You see more images of St George in Cyprus. He's everywhere here.

Compare that to, say, St Patrick. More English people get drunk on St Paddy's Day than St George's Day. That's because it is a better crack.

And there's a Muslim Council of Great Britain. So what? There's also the Church of England, and Freemasons, the Rotary Club, Help The Aged and God alone knows how many other organisations.

Muslim schools. So what? I went to a Catholic school. If you are against Faith schools, it should be all faiths. If you actually bothered to look at their websites you would see that they are very keen to encourage interaction with non Muslims.

This is the Association of Muslim Schools:

https://ams-uk.org/

And while we are at it, this is the Muslim Council of Britain:

https://mcb.org.uk/

If you want to find a good source of condemnations of Islamic terrorism, look no further than that.

I used to live near Aldershot. There are a lot of Gurkhas living there these days. The amount of racist abuse they get is appalling. Some idiots assumed Brexit meant they would all be going home as well. How dumb can you get? But the Nepalese community regularly have open days at their temple. And guess what, none of the racists ever attend. People even objected to the temple, despite the fact that they used an abandoned building that was a complete eyesore, and funding it from their own charitable actions.

More stupidity: in Camberley people objected to an old school, used as a mosque since 1996, being knocked down and replaced by a mosque. One of the reasons was because it was right next to Sandhurst Military Academy and might pose a threat to National Security. Yet, since then, SHBC (Surrey Heath Borough Council) have been very happy to announce that Camberley will be the UK's first 5G shopping centre, thanks to a big deal they've struck up with Huawei. Now, I am not sure what the current status of that is, given recent events, but if you think a mosque is going to place more of a security threat than that then you are living in cloud cuckoo land.

There needs to be less hate, and more understanding. That facebook post was pure hate.
josef k

Post by josef k »

Much of what lotus states in her long list is incorrect, misleading, or deliberately stated out of context. This is something common to posts from racists.

I'll pick just 3 as examples:
1. Muslim only areas? Name them.
2. Muslim council of Great Britain? No mention of the General Synod of the Church of England, it's equivalent.
3. Swimming pools for Asian women? There aren't any. There are many pools which have women-only sessions, for those women who wish to maintain some level of modesty, including a proportion of Asian women.

Then lotus tells us everybody should be equal!
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

In fairness to Lotus, it was Firefly's list.
lotus

Post by lotus »

I DID not post the list,merely agreed with it,so get your facts right
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

No it was me who copied it.

Not MY list.

Obviously I thought that Dominic would remove it, if he thought it prudent.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

There are other interesting things which are not listed, but rather than feed the flames, I'll let them lie.
lotus

Post by lotus »

How I love these debates,just voicing my opinion! And I swear on my life Iam not a racist!,O and by the way Josef k last time I looked I was a he not a she🙄
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Firefly wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:45 pm No it was me who copied it.

Not MY list.
Yes, it was you who copied it. The fact that you did so implied that you agreed with every word of it, especially as you have not posted any corrections. It is utter racist trash from start to finish. I do not give it any other consideration. :shock: :shock: :twisted: :twisted:

I add this as a postscript after having written the above. As most of you know, I worked for the United Nations Environment Programme for several years and my work took me to many countries, probably about 40. I have met the ordinary people of most of these countries and only very rarely did I see any signs of racism and, in fact, my colleagues and I have always commented how little there was. Could it be that extreme racism is found mainly within Britain; I ask the question?
Last edited by Devil on Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Lotus

I have two black friends, salt of the earth people, who would do anything for anyone. Everything has gone too far to please others, no matter what colour they are, we have to be 'politically correct', that's what has gone too far.

Jackie