Prepare now to pay the price of Brexit

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
Jimgym

Re: Prepare now to pay the price of Brexit

Post by Jimgym »

I wonder why people have to constantly ask the same question? Like a dog with a rotten bone. It matters not how many times it is repeated, the end result is still the same. I also believe those who voted for Brexit have made their reasons quite clear, many times.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Jimgward wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:20 am Cummings was a master of the short phrases to lead people. “Get Brexit Done” and more. Trump does that as well. It appeals to the people who are too lazy, stupid, or disinterested in learning, as they can take a decision with little thought. Now that wasn’t all Brexiteers, but many simply followed the short messages and bus slog and Farage’s disgusting poster on immigration. The campaign appealed the inherent racist in far too many people. We though racism was disappearing but Farage knew otherwise.
Also, those Remain voters too stupid, lazy or disinterested to actually engage with Leave voters, so they toss out casual insults instead. That is one reason there is such a divide in Britain.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Jimgym wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:15 pm I wonder why people have to constantly ask the same question? Like a dog with a rotten bone. It matters not how many times it is repeated, the end result is still the same. I also believe those who voted for Brexit have made their reasons quite clear, many times.
Well could you remind those of us us with short memories what those reasons were please?

I also was under the impression (I may be wrong of course) that you never voted in the referendum either or was that the last election.

Jin
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Jim B wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:35 pm
Jimgym wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:15 pm I wonder why people have to constantly ask the same question? Like a dog with a rotten bone. It matters not how many times it is repeated, the end result is still the same. I also believe those who voted for Brexit have made their reasons quite clear, many times.
Well could you remind those of us us with short memories what those reasons were please?

I also was under the impression (I may be wrong of course) that you never voted in the referendum either or was that the last election.

Jin
There is a search facility on here, feel free to trawl through the numerous threads on Brexit and you will find your answers.

You are correct, I didn't vote, which is why I have NEVER complained about the result. The majority who voted did so for Brexit, and I as a non voter abide by their decision.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Why complain about something you support and secondly why we keep asking is because there are no answers, try a search, you won't find any.
Many of us won't shut up because we're not like some prepared to sit back and watch our homecountry destroyed on the strength of a fraudulent vote.

Jim
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Jim B

Whether or not you 'shut up', we have left the EU.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Jim B wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:38 pm Why complain about something you support and secondly why we keep asking is because there are no answers, try a search, you won't find any.
Many of us won't shut up because we're not like some prepared to sit back and watch our homecountry destroyed on the strength of a fraudulent vote.

Jim
I support democracy Jim, and will when necessary complain about it. There are answers, just not ones you like. As much as I love a touch of melodrama, I think you are going bit far to say Britain will be destroyed. As to the fraudulent vote, if you have proof of such then why not publicise it, or better still take the Government to court to have this evidence examined?
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Firefly wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:55 pm Jim B

Whether or not you 'shut up', we have left the EU.
Quite right Jackie, the country is five months from the end of transition with no deal in place, no healthcare for overseas British citizens in place, in fact nothing in place. Its cost billions to get nowhere.
Well keep putting our arguement forward just like Leavers whinged for forty years until they got their own way and keep showing them the error of their ways.

Jim
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Jim

Our news, in fact world news, has been dominated by Covid 19 for months. We do not know whether deals have been done, agreements made, behind closed doors. Personally, I do not think that the government will consult you nor I on it's negotiations.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

K-Noble wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:26 pm
Jim B wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:10 pm
Quite right Jackie, the country is five months from the end of transition with no deal in place, no healthcare for overseas British citizens in place, in fact nothing in place. Its cost billions to get nowhere.
Well keep putting our arguement forward just like Leavers whinged for forty years until they got their own way and keep showing them the error of their ways.

Jim
I guess you got five months to do the following

Option A, Get Cypriot medical Insurance
Option B, Change your citizenship to Cypriot
Option C, return to good old blighty

Please do not take my reply seriously as i am only having fun as you left your off stump exposed :0)
K-Noble
I'm married to a Cyprior Cirizen, off stump covered ;-)

Jim
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Firefly wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:23 pm Jim

Our news, in fact world news, has been dominated by Covid 19 for months. We do not know whether deals have been done, agreements made, behind closed doors. Personally, I do not think that the government will consult you nor I on it's negotiations.

Jackie
Jackie
I can assure you nothing has been signed according to RTE, Sky, CNN and even the good old BBC, even the Brexit favourites, Mail Telegraph confirm this. Cyprus media also confirm no agreement has been signed. Our news has also been dominated by CV19 but there is still coverage of Brexit.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Austin7 wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:34 pm
Jim B wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:38 pmMany of us won't shut up because we're not like some prepared to sit back and watch our homecountry destroyed on the strength of a fraudulent vote.

Jim
Please, I'm truly interested, what do you actually intend to do about it apart from whinge and moan on this forum?
I dont whinge or moan (as I see it) I highlight where Brexit is leading the UK. Now you may disagree and have every right to do so but I have the right to disagree with you.
We have asked fo over four years for one tangible benefit of Brexit ; to date not one Leave Supporter has provided an answer.
Now I can provide tangible benefits for remaining, Trade, Travel, Employment, Residency and most important of all, Education.
Now they may not be important to you or your fellow Leave Supporters but they are important to my kids and my grandkids.

Our youngest daughter works in the place they are developing the vaccine for CV19 in Oxford, like many in her field she wanted to move to Europe to help search for cures for Alzheimers and the like but all offers for positions in the research teams were withdrawn because of Brexit.

And to finally answer your question, I do what I can on other forums and supporting petitions to highlight the failures of Brexit and who is going to benefit and it certainly won't be the likes of you or I.

Jim
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Jimgym wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:08 pm
Jim B wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:38 pm Why complain about something you support and secondly why we keep asking is because there are no answers, try a search, you won't find any.

Jim
I support democracy Jim, and will when necessary complain about it. There are answers, just not ones you like. As much as I love a touch of melodrama, I think you are going bit far to say Britain will be destroyed. As to the fraudulent vote, if you have proof of such then why not publicise it, or better still take the Government to court to have this evidence examined?
There are groups trying as we speak, to take the government to court over the failure to release the Russian report... the one that allegedly would show evidence of Russian interference... however Boris is doing more to prevent it's release - more than he seems to be doing for covid or brexit.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

You see Alan, I can't get my head around how you can say you support democracy when the system you're supporting allows 36% of the population to dictate policy to the other 64% or as in the election 43% of voters returned an 80 seat majority when 57% of voters voted against the party in power.
If you believe in democracy as much as you say you do you should be standing shoulder to shoulder with the likes of me trying to change to a fairer system where everyone's vote counts and not just accepting things the way they are.
You know the UK is the only place in Europe that still has FPTP voting system because it allows the two main parties to keep control.
I try to do my bit by supporting petitions and I'm on other like minded forums. It may not be much but I try.

Jim
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Jimgward wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:32 pm

Jim
There are groups trying as we speak, to take the government to court over the failure to release the Russian report... the one that allegedly would show evidence of Russian interference... however Boris is doing more to prevent it's release - more than he seems to be doing for covid or brexit.
That report that is due to be released today. it apparently says there is no evidence Russia interfered in the Brexit referendum but did try to influence the Scottish referendum
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Morning Alan.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Last edited by Uncle D on Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Jimgym wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:32 am

That report that is due to be released today. it apparently says there is no evidence Russia interfered in the Brexit referendum but did try to influence the Scottish referendum
And here it is
MPs say UK failed to investigate Russian interference in elections
Last edited by Uncle D on Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Uncle D wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:42 pm
Jimgym wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:32 am

And here it is
MPs say UK failed to investigate Russian interference in elections
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-53 ... IB-J9d5fAU
Did the long awaited report find any evidence of Russian interference in the Brexit vote?
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

You didn't listen to that, did you... ? See no evil, hear no evil...