Prepare now to pay the price of Brexit

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
Dominic
Site Admin

Re: Prepare now to pay the price of Brexit

Post by Dominic »

Austin7 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:37 pm HIC always seems to post in this way several hours after midnight, perhaps he needs to ramp up on zivania first :lol:
I seem to recall HiC saying he suffered from Insomnia. Though I disagree with the tone of some of his posts, they are always well thought-out and constructed. Compare that to the rubbish you post from the likes of Vernon Coleman, and applying your logic, you must be high on crack.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
boycott

Post by boycott »

Devil wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:39 am Truth is based on provable fact (a thing known for certain to have occurred or to be true; a datum of experience.) Anything else MAY be untrue.
Did Neil Armstrong really walk on the moon and is it a provable fact?
Do we really know for certain?
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Actually, my Dad designed and launched the first British commercial satellite and knows a thing or two about space and the moon landing. He even went on Blue Peter to demonstrate it to John Noakes, Peter Purves and Valery Singleton. Our Mum made sure we were watching (we usually did) but didn't say that he would be on it. all of a sudden, there's Daddy!

And his scale model of the satellite was in the Science Museum for a couple of decades. So when it comes to knowing stuff about the moon landing, he is a good source. He thinks moon landing deniers are bloody idiots. And who am I to argue? For a start, even discounting all the evidence in that link, the sheer number of people involved in the project would have been too huge for them all to be lying.

So believe what silly tinpot crank sites you want to believe, but don't try and pretend you have any hidden insight. Because you don't. Nature abhors a vacuum, and empty heads can be filled with any nonsense.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Please do join in. Brexiters are welcome to post as well. :)
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Les Bean wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:47 pm
Dominic wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:50 pm Please do join in. Brexiters are welcome to post as well. :)
They're all too busy trying to think of any benefits of leaving😁😁
Hysterical, a career in comedy awaits you...... :roll:
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

I doubt that. While the UK government have announced rescue packages for the arts post Corona, they don't include anything for stand-up comedy.

The fact that stand-up comedy consists mainly of young left wing people taking the piss out of the government possibly had some bearing on this decision. If you bite the hand that feeds you for too long, it will stop feeding you.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

A nation mourns the loss🙏🤣
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Poor old Jim Davidson would be an exception surely
Last edited by Uncle D on Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

And Chubby Brown I guess.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Dominic wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:21 pm I doubt that. While the UK government have announced rescue packages for the arts post Corona, they don't include anything for stand-up comedy.

The fact that stand-up comedy consists mainly of young left wing people taking the piss out of the government possibly had some bearing on this decision. If you bite the hand that feeds you for too long, it will stop feeding you.
Ive already seen that the ‘arts’ money, paying for ‘live’ broadcasts of operatic music on Radio3 - yet no money reaching ‘popular’ arts areas - the government money given to the arts council - so only the high-faluting arts being helped so far!
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Jimgward wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:28 am Ive already seen that the ‘arts’ money, paying for ‘live’ broadcasts of operatic music on Radio3 - yet no money reaching ‘popular’ arts areas - the government money given to the arts council - so only the high-faluting arts being helped so far!
... and that may be where the money is most effective, supporting artists who need it, not pop stars receiving gigadollars.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Very few pop stars receive gigadollars, especially in these days of downloads and streaming services. Their only source of income is often from touring and playing live.
Varky

Post by Varky »

Dominic wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:21 pm I doubt that. While the UK government have announced rescue packages for the arts post Corona, they don't include anything for stand-up comedy.
Of course the government are supporting stand up comedy. They wheel out that bumbling oaf ever Wednesday at PMQs.
June

Post by June »

You can't let it go can you Lloyd?
You don't even seem to understand that apart from your 2 Jims everyone is totally bored with you.
You don't live in the UK.
You live in Cyprus.
Go and immerse yourself in Ancestry.com and give the rest of us peace.
Thank you.
June

Post by June »

Errmm...... the agreement hasn't been drawn up yet
I'll answer your questions when it is.
Even if I have to agree to your sarcastic and patronising comments I shall . Ok?
But we'll see :)
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

June wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:14 am Errmm...... the agreement hasn't been drawn up yet
Even if I have to agree to your sarcastic and patronising comments I shall . Ok?
Oh the irony of someone who didn't even vote in the referendum asking people to justify the result. Laugh? I nearly did!
Varky

Post by Varky »

Austin7,
Re your comment about HIC, The inference was there and just by sticking an emoticon on the end does not remove that inference. As far as my sense of humour is concerned please read my posting on 'that 'Bumbling Oaf' and have a chuckle.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

June wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:14 am Errmm...... the agreement hasn't been drawn up yet
But when we voted, we weren't voting on an agreement. We voted on our reasoning and what we felt was right.
Something must have swayed a decision in one direction.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Cummings was a master of the short phrases to lead people. “Get Brexit Done” and more. Trump does that as well. It appeals to the people who are too lazy, stupid, or disinterested in learning, as they can take a decision with little thought. Now that wasn’t all Brexiteers, but many simply followed the short messages and bus slog and Farage’s disgusting poster on immigration. The campaign appealed the inherent racist in far too many people. We though racism was disappearing but Farage knew otherwise.