Prepare now to pay the price of Brexit

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Re: Prepare now to pay the price of Brexit

Post by Devil »

HiC

We have known your views literally for years! As it hardly affects me, I have never been for nor against Brexit. My only connection with the UK is a 25% of the state pension. That having been said, I think that your gloating over what you consider a mistake by the British people has now become boring to the extreme. Can it, will you?
Miloman

Post by Miloman »

I agree Devil, for God's sake shut up HIC
Previously MofArodes on CL
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I agree too :-(
Trev..
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Why should he shut up, you can always block him if you dont like hearing a few home truths?

Jim
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I can only speak for myself, I don't mind hearing home truths.. But it is the repetition day after day after blinking day...
Trev..
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Jim B wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:56 am Why should he shut up, you can always block him if you dont like hearing a few home truths?
Where is the truth in his fictional diatribes?
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

trevnhil wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:23 am I can only speak for myself, I don't mind hearing home truths.. But it is the repetition day after day after blinking day...
As I said, you can block his posts and then you won't have to read "repetition day after day after blinking day"
What Lloyd posted is happening today, it's not repeated news, it's being rolled out by Bully Patel Today.
It's not Project Fear any more, its Project Fact.

Jim
Varky

Post by Varky »

I agree that HIC has become a bore on this particular subject but the alternative of blocking him is, in my opinion, not possible as, on occasion, he has useful information to impart.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Varky
Cake and eat it springs to mind but saying that just don't read his posts in the politics section. Strangely ;-) I find his political posts interesting and looking back alot of what he did post is coming home to roost and I think that's what's annoying alot of people, especially Brexit supporters.

Jim
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

It isn't just brexit supporters who are bored with it. And for somebody who couldn't even be arsed to vote in the referendum, I find his fascination somewhat puzzling.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Dominic
I'm sure Lloyd is big enough to fight his own battles but his post is in relation to legislation being introduced today. It's not about last year or 2016.
New Legislation is coming out every day that affects British who live in the EU, like pet passports or mor expensive Travel insurance; are we to stop posting because some find the posts boring?

Jim
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

It isn't the information that is boring, rather the way it is presented, dripping with glee and sarcasm.

And I speak as an ardent remainer!
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

The title of the thread and who posted it, allows people to decide whether to enter or not. I have seen fear more posts from others on many topics, that I find offensive or distasteful or boring, but I simply don’t comment or ignore.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Jimgward wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:46 pm offensive or distasteful or boring
I am not saying that the posts are offensive or distasteful or boring; it is the dripping tap of the same theme all the time. Drip… Drip… Drip…
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

HIC makes the bullets for everyone else to fire, I wonder why he hasn't responded to the posts on here yet.

I well remember in the days of CL, that Lloyd's response to one poster went something like, " don't you just love a know it all " that poster is a member of PL, and still posts now, and it wasn't me.

Lloyd, if the cap fits, wear it.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Les Bean wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:14 pm Where is the fiction in quoting newspaper articles and government statements?
The fiction is in the newspaper articles and the government statements. Neither can be relied upon to provide anything close to the truth. Just look at Boris lying through his teeth or the daily newspapers.
Varky

Post by Varky »

Austin7 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:37 pm HIC always seems to post in this way several hours after midnight, perhaps he needs to ramp up on zivania first :lol:
Uncalled for.
boycott

Post by boycott »

Devil wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:18 pm
Les Bean wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:14 pm Where is the fiction in quoting newspaper articles and government statements?
The fiction is in the newspaper articles and the government statements. Neither can be relied upon to provide anything close to the truth. Just look at Boris lying through his teeth or the daily newspapers.
What is the truth?
How do you know what is the truth and what is an untruth (or lie or anything else)
Is the truth what you want/wish to believe?
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

boycott wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:52 am
Devil wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:18 pm
What is the truth?
How do you know what is the truth and what is an untruth (or lie or anything else)
Is the truth what you want/wish to believe?
Easy really, if blojo's lips are moving, that's a lie.

Jim
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Truth is based on provable fact (a thing known for certain to have occurred or to be true; a datum of experience.) Anything else MAY be untrue.