Unbelieable

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
WHL

Unbelieable

Post by WHL »

Dominic
Site Admin

Re: Unbelieable

Post by Dominic »

Quite a few countries do this.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Why do you think that they are unable to tell a lie? I must admit that unbelieable is quite an odd compound word. :( :(
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Would you say that you wouldn't believe it, Devil?
WHL

Post by WHL »

I used that word because, its unbelievable that in 2020 a country, who claims to be a democracy can act in this way.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

It may be unbelievable, but it's less likely to be unbelieable.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Dominic wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:09 pm Would you say that you wouldn't believe it, Devil?
Got it in one! I must admit that simple spelling errrrorrrs are easy to make within the text of a post, but in the subject??? :twisted: :twisted:
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Say it then. Say "I don't believe it!". Please.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Devil is your problem, mi spelling mistakes?
it is getting very borring having you keap popping up,
like some grumppy frustrated retired school teacher,
do me a favor and ignor mi possts
thares a goood chhap :roll:
memory man

Post by memory man »

mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

There really is no excuse for spelling mistakes when using a computer or smart phone in this day & age!
WHL

Post by WHL »

mike strand2 wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:36 am There really is no excuse for spelling mistakes when using a computer or smart phone in this day & age!
Probably not,

But in my opinion, its a sad state of affairs, when they troll posts, so as to get their daily jerk off spelling moan fix.
Diocletian

Post by Diocletian »

If Machiavelli and the Persian poets wrote the guide books on how to rule wisely. Who on earth wrote the guide book on how to rule as a totalitarian idiot?
Ticking away, the moments that make up a dull day.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Dominic wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:36 am Say it then. Say "I don't believe it!". Please.
I don't belie it! As I said above, errors in text are easy, but as a single word in the subject, it distorts the meaning of the thread.
2020-07-04_144119.jpg
2020-07-04_144119.jpg (47.17 KiB) Viewed 4112 times
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

:roll:
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Devil wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:45 pm
Dominic wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:36 am Say it then. Say "I don't believe it!". Please.
I don't belie it! As I said above, errors in text are easy, but as a single word in the subject, it distorts the meaning of the thread.
2020-07-04_144119.jpg
Ever thought of starting your own forum up, then you can give potential members a mensa spelling test before allowing them to join your elite forum, not forgetting that they must have an ology to join, so until Dominic , insists on no spelling mistakes, when posting, can I respectfully ask you to go away, ignore my spelling mistakes, you are just boring now,
PS I come on the forum to have a chat with others, not to be pulled up on spelling errors, cheers
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

Correct spelling is just a courtesy to other forum members IMHO
WHL

Post by WHL »

mike strand2 wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:20 pm Correct spelling is just a courtesy to other forum members IMHO
So is boring people to death with constant remarks about spelling, forum membership is a reflection of all levels of society, some have a life and are happy to chat with others, spelling mistakes too, some boring old gits, get off on banging on about spelling mistakes, easy solution, if it bothers you so much, about someones spelling, scroll past their posts, not that hard is :roll:
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Correct spelling is not a requirement of posting on this forum. Neither is correct grammar, nor punctuation.

For instance, should I really have started a sentence with "Neither"? I don't know. A quick google reveals the following:

"You can certainly place neither at the start of a sentence. The problem with your sentence doing so is that it suffers from faulty parallelism whereby the neither precedes a verb and the parallel nor precedes a noun phrase."

To me, the above sentence isn't a very easy read. I find "The problem with your sentence doing so" to be very clumsy. However, given that I found the quote in a poncy site about language etiquette, I guess it probably complies with some law or other.

There I go again. I started a sentence with "However". Woe is me.

And what about different spellings of placenames eh?

FInally, remember you can block posters. WHL, feel free to block Devil. And vice verca.

And, starting a sentence? Outrageous! And I did it twice! No, that's three times. Bugger.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Thats the thing Dominic, I don't want to block anyone, I actually like reading some of Devils posts, a very intelligent man, who posts interesting stuff it just gets very tiresome being pulled up on spelling mistakes , Devils intelligent posts along with less intelligent posters,my self included, is what makes this forum a great forum, it takes allsorts as they say,