Brits To Cyprus

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
Firefly

Brits To Cyprus

Post by Firefly »

Does anyone know a positive date when Brits will be allowed into Cyprus ? I should have visited in June, thank goodness I hadn't booked my flight, but I'm hoping that I will be allowed in soon.

Thanks

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
DavidatLWH

Re: Brits To Cyprus

Post by DavidatLWH »

July 15th is the semi-official date for British tourists to be allowed back.

Our lawyer, who seems to have contacts, told us this date 10 days ago, then it appeared in last week's press.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

That's brilliant, thank you for the info.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Jackie
I was speaking to my Son in Law this morning who is a manager in one of the big hotels and he said there's still no definite news of when things are going to open or when tourists from the UK will be allowed back. Best be careful and wait.

Jim
lotus

Post by lotus »

To be honest if you look at the way the Brits have acted lately in UK,especially Bournmouth,Liverpool it's a wonder anybody wants them in their country,but I suppose it's just the money
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Jim B

Thank you for the information/advice.

Lotus

I agree, the idiots are spoiling things for the rest of us. I haven't been on a beach, or taken part in a riot, but I will be penalized because others have. :evil:

Jackie
lotus

Post by lotus »

The stupid thing is they are making things worse for themselves,who knows how much the virus could have spread with these bloody idiots all jammed together,like Jackie I feel sorry for the ones who are towing the line but will be possibly penalized for it,another thing why is football hologanism treated almost as the norm? Iam sure if it was any other sport it would not be allowed
WHL

Post by WHL »

Hear different things every day, the only one that means anything is the official one, and the government hasn't announced that yet, so its all ifs and maybes, sit tight folks im sure there will be one soon
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Greece announced today that they are putting Brits dates back to mid-July
MikeTy

Post by MikeTy »

Decided against coming over at all this year. Cancelled flights in May & had planned to come over again in October, but from my, especially health, perspective think giving it a miss is the best option.

Hope that those that do travel stay safe & well.
ast

Post by ast »

Easyjet are taking bookings from 18th July to Paphos 8-)
I started off with nothing and have most of it left !
WHL

Post by WHL »

ast wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:30 pm Easyjet are taking bookings from 18th July to Paphos 8-)
All airline are taking bookings, its their way of getting interest free loans from customers, win win for them,
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Also called "travel corridors", air bridges will allow tourists to travel between two countries without the need to quarantine.
Varky

Post by Varky »

galexinda wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:28 pm Also called "travel corridors", air bridges will allow tourists to travel between two countries without the need to quarantine.
Under the present circumstances I can't imagine any country wanting an air bridge with UK.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Varky wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:57 pm
galexinda wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:28 pm Also called "travel corridors", air bridges will allow tourists to travel between two countries without the need to quarantine.
Under the present circumstances I can't imagine any country wanting an air bridge with UK.
Unfortunately things seem to be going backwards
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Leicester have gone backwards starting from Tuesday... Non-essential shops are closed again plus bars and restaurants will now not be allowed to open up on 4th July.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-l ... e-53229371
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Other countries have spikes too which result in localised lockdowns. Germany, China, Korea. They've all had them.

A spike in Victoria, too:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... e-to-blame

To be frank, centring on finding somebody to blame is not the way to encourage open dialogue.

Regarding the Bournmouth Beach photograph, I am a bit suspicious of that. I would rather see an overhead shot, with a timestamp on it. As a regular shooter of fields of tulips, I know that I can make them look much more abundant if I take a low angle shot.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

It is now widely acknowledged that the British Govt has made serious mistakes in the way the Covid crisis was handled. One of the main reason why the UK is still badly affected and peoples travel in and out of the UK is also badly affected.
I have rebooked my flight back several times and it has been cancelled. I recently re booked for early August, but the fact that there is a spike in the virus in Leicester now and the possibility of more cases elsewhere following the black lives matter marches and other stupid behaviour by crowds more recently, may yet cause more flights to be cancelled once again!

Dee
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Regarding the Bournmouth Beach photograph, I am a bit suspicious of that. I would rather see an overhead shot, with a timestamp on it.
There has been comments the photos are old and from one of the airshows but the images have been shared so many times it's difficult to reverse search for the original.

Similar shots appeared from Blackpool and also disputed by local photographers who were there at the time and provided their own photos but nobody wants to listen.

Still waiting to see some drone footage of either scene....
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

The UK approach to trying to treat a diverse country the same, doesn’t work. With the break in Scotland, Wales and NI, at least 3 areas are being managed to suit local needs. England is far too diverse to regard one size fits all. London should have locked down many weeks earlier than the rest. Then Birmingham and then the North West. Granted, it’s easy in retrospect, but so many mistakes have been made by those in charge, it’s hard to credit anything.
This next weekend will be carnage in England. Imagine deciding to open pubs on a Saturday? Even kids can foresee the stupid idea of that.