Cenotaph

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
Pete the highwayman

Cenotaph

Post by Pete the highwayman »

Morning
There is something seriously wrong in Britain today when we have to board up statues
Winston Churchill done more than anybody in winning the last war.
And having to board up the cenotaph is a disgrace to people who fought and died
For this country this Tommy Robinson who I’m not an admirer off says he is going
To protect our statues then for once I’m on his side and as for black lives matter
I’m sorry you idiots but all lives matter not just black lives
Keep smiling and be lucky
Pete
Dominic
Site Admin

Re: Cenotaph

Post by Dominic »

This is the problem when the idiotic left are allowed to run rampant. People look further to the right for support.

I am sure it works in reverse too. Who knows, perhaps the rise of the far right post Brexit caused a corresponding rise in the far left?

What is needed is a stronger middle ground to curtail all the nonsense, on both sides. We won't get that from Boris.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Pete,

I agree there is something seriously wrong in Britain today but nothing to do with statues; what is wrong is a total lack of leadership or even common sense! :-(

I agree also that Churchill was instrumental in winning the last war. However, he made many serious mistakes with disastrous results before and after the 39 to 45 conflict.

I am on the same wavelength as you in that I agree that the colour of someone's skin should not be a criterion in judging him/her.
Pete the highwayman

Morning devil
It’s nice to be back with my old sparring partner once again
Pete
Pete the highwayman

Afternoon
Where will it all end in today’s marvellous daily mail the bbc is to axe certain episodes
Of faulty towers a very funny programme also if any of you get a chance.
Read littlejohn I today’s marvellous daily mail and I agree with him entirely
This country is sinking into anarchy
Pete
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

To see our war memorials desecrated by the low life mob is distressing enough, the fact that we are in a position where they have to be covered or removed, to protect them from thugs, is not acceptable.

Original first paragraph removed.
Last edited by Firefly on Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Firefly wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:44 pm I hear today that Greenwich Council has removed the memorial stone to Lee Rigby, I'm disgusted by the snowflakes that have power. His only 'crime' was that he was a serving soldier, murdered purely because he was a member of our Armed Forces.

The silent majority will have been pushed too far, this has to stop. We are now in a position that we are ruled by the scum that walk our streets, our forefathers will be turning in their graves.
You see this is misleading, an unofficial memorial was removed and replaced by an official memorial.see below..
Half the problem with the UK is the predominantly right wing media get away with printing half truths, lies and misleading propaganda without recourse. The press be it right, left or centre should be more accountable and subject to heavy fines if found to be purposely misleading. Presently the Press Complaints has little or no authority.
Freedom of speech comes with responsibility.

Jim

https://fullfact.org/online/greenwich-c ... -memorial/
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Jim

In the article you posted the link to, it states "we've rated this claim as true as the stone has now been removed by Greenwich Council".

I only posted this, as on F.B. it had been rated as true. Now, either they have or they haven't removed it, they have, the question now is when. I have to agree to some extent with your post. If it has not been removed recently, then you are correct.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

To avoid disparities of the facts, maybe everybody who posts about political issues should post a link to their claims, saying that they read or they heard or they saw is no proof that it is true.
David
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

L.B.

Yes I have since found that, but what it did say was that it was removed in 2020, not 2018. Simply that the council wanted to remove it, but because of the mood of the people, it was left in situ.

I have to agree that you are right in what you say however, that F.B. can have false information quite often.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Jackie
I know you posted in good faith, I have no arguement with that and would be as offended as you are if the memorial had been removed.
My arguement is with the media who print misleading and malicious lies to set the populace against each other be it right or left wing media.
It happened in Liverpool today when a newspaper article stated that Penny Lane (of Beatles fame) was named after James Penny. a Slaver Captain out of Liverpool and well known slavery anti abolitionist. Some genius sprayed all the Penny Lane road signs black even though historians suggest it was because there used to be a penny toll bridge on the lane.

Jim
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

What you are seeing in the UK is a type of low-level anarchy, caused by malcontent parts of society long ignored and overlooked. Add to those, insidious elements and you have trouble.

Black Lives Matter cancelled a meeting in Hyde Park tomorrow, as there were counter demonstrations and I think they will rightly see that getting involved in that would lessen their cause.

As to Yaxley-Lennon, I despair. A greater low-life fascist barsteward you could not out up. The sooner he is back in prison the better. a bully, thug, liar and more.