Article

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
Pete the highwayman

Article

Post by Pete the highwayman »

Good afternoon
There is a good article in today’s marvellous daily mail it’s written by Dominic sandbrook
And it’s called baying mobs fallen statues and vandals no better than mao,s
Cultural wreckers I don’t know how to put it on here but it’s a good article
Keep smiling and be lucky
Pete
dodo

Re: Article

Post by dodo »

Found it for you

https://mol.im/a/8400875
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Pete

Yes it's a very good article, well written and says just how most of us are feeling right now in the UK. That said, anyone who's on F.B. will no doubt have seen the photos of injured police officers.

dodo

Thanks for posting the link.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Pete the highwayman wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:48 pm Good afternoon
There is a good article in today’s marvellous daily mail it’s written by Dominic sandbrook
And it’s called baying mobs fallen statues and vandals no better than mao,s
Cultural wreckers I don’t know how to put it on here but it’s a good article
Keep smiling and be lucky
Pete
Please post articles like this in the Politics section. I have moved this one here. We keep the General Discussions forum for general day to day chat about life in Cyprus.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

I have carefully read that article from start to finish. The author makes both good and bad points, but there is no real conclusion. However, I do believe that he makes one cardinal error in his arguments; he thinks that all nasty people are lefties and, by corollary, righties must all be good. I am quite certain that the crowd causing mayhem must have been very mixed in the way that each individual thought – maybe they just got carried away in the emotion of the day.