No excuse for this

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
Cactuslil

No excuse for this

Post by Cactuslil »

After seeing the news this morning I find the behavior of those BLM protestors totally inexcusable. I honestly believe many were there to deliberately cause trouble - what sort of sick individual would start throwing bikes at horses? When the next wave of pandemic starts I hope people stop & think before blaming the government.
clive of payia

Re: No excuse for this

Post by clive of payia »

Oh no. The ardent Remainers are just waiting their opportunity to chance another coup d' etat to stop Brexit and/or extend it. Evidence that you have Labour Opposition cabinet ministers breaking the Law and joining in the demo's.
jeba

Post by jeba »

Cactuslil wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:50 am After seeing the news this morning I find the behavior of those BLM protestors totally inexcusable.
What news are you talking about? Was this in the US or the UK?
Cactuslil

Post by Cactuslil »

jeba wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:04 am
Cactuslil wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:50 am After seeing the news this morning I find the behavior of those BLM protestors totally inexcusable.
What news are you talking about? Was this in the US or the UK?
London
Varky

Post by Varky »

Cactuslil,
Whilst there were protesters who resorted to violence they were in a very small minority. Do not focus on them and deflect attention from the true reason for the protest.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Most sensible people would condemn this demo in the middle of a pandemic as being absolutely inexcusable. Stirred up by agitators and troublemakers. Absolutely inexcusable attacking the police doing their job and attacking well trained horses used for crowd control.
As well as police officers. British police as some of the best in the world.

Dee
jeba

Post by jeba »

Varky wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:13 am Cactuslil,
Whilst there were protesters who resorted to violence they were in a very small minority. Do not focus on them and deflect attention from the true reason for the protest.
While the true reason seems to be racism I don´t see reason to think the incidence that triggered the protests was racially motivated. Police brutality seems to be a general problem in the US and whites are equally affected. The latest example being this case: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAnOPUyyjy0

Further facts supporting my view:
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1268 ... 34279.html
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Varky wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:13 am Cactuslil,
Small minority, or not, throwing bicycles at horses is inexcusable..
Trev..
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

clive of payia wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:01 am Oh no. The ardent Remainers are just waiting their opportunity to chance another coup d' etat to stop Brexit and/or extend it. Evidence that you have Labour Opposition cabinet ministers breaking the Law and joining in the demo's.
So its the Remainers that are doing it where is you proof?
And if it is Remainders maybe you would prefer it if they shot dead an MP, remember Jo Cox?
David
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Uncle D wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:17 am
clive of payia wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:01 am Oh no. The ardent Remainers are just waiting their opportunity to chance another coup d' etat to stop Brexit and/or extend it. Evidence that you have Labour Opposition cabinet ministers breaking the Law and joining in the demo's.
And if it is Remainders maybe you would prefer it if they shot dead an MP, remember Jo Cox?
Why on earth are you dragging Jo Cox into it?
boycott

Post by boycott »

And what has Brexit got to do with the riots?
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

The hooligan troublemakers do not have the intelligence to be remainers. They are there simply to take the opportunity of causing mayhem, whether or not they even understand what remaining or leaving is all about.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Jimgym wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:42 am
He is blaming remainers, I was pointing out what a Brexiteer is capable of
David
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

In this case it wasn't anything directly to do with politics. Clive of Payia must have his own agenda. Thats why I ignored his remark as it Is irrelevant.
But unfortunately in the UK there are plenty of hooligans who are waiting to join any protest march however peaceful its intended to be. I feel more sorry for the police who as part of their duty are expected to go out to try to prevent protests from going out of control.

If it was possible to ban all crowds of people from gathering during the lock down and the Pandemic, why didn't the Govt take action to stop it from happening?

Dee

Dee
boycott

Post by boycott »

Why is the world getting itself into a tiswas over George Floyd?

The fact of the matter is that he was been arrested for allegedly been involved in crime (passing forged notes), under the influence of drink and or drugs and having a record of armed robbery.
He was been restrained as he was not complying with the officer(s) instructions.

Yes the officer(s) were wrong in the neck hold and should be held to account for their actions and of course Floyd (and anyone else) deserves to die in this manner.

However the officers did not do this because he was black, it was done as he was not complying with the officers, if the person been arrested was white (or any other colour) would they have acted any different?
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Uncle D wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:55 am
Jimgym wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:42 am

He is blaming remainers, I was pointing out what a Brexiteer is capable of
How awful that you feel the need to drag a murdered MP into the argument, to score a very cheap point.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Kili01 wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:29 pm In this case it wasn't anything directly to do with politics. Clive of Payia must have his own agenda. Thats why I ignored his remark as it Is irrelevant.
But unfortunately in the UK there are plenty of hooligans who are waiting to join any protest march however peaceful its intended to be. I feel more sorry for the police who as part of their duty are expected to go out to try to prevent protests from going out of control.

If it was possible to ban all crowds of people from gathering during the lock down and the Pandemic, why didn't the Govt take action to stop it from happening?

Dee

Dee
Can you imagine the outcry if the Govt. had banned the gatherings? People would have had a field day, with all sorts of accusations flying around, including no doubt one of racism. It is high time people started taking personal responsibility for their own actions and safety, rather than expecting the Govt. to nanny them!
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Many native Brits (should I say white peoplet Or Caucasians) to be politically correct, are feeling that these days, the ethnic minorities make so much noise complaining that their rights are being abused and demanding the state redress each and every grievance.
That they feel it is the ordinary non coloured people who are now more at risk of being able to lead theIr normal lives. To walk in the street safely, get timely medical or hospital treatments are just two of their concerns.. The more those people get the more they want. Even English religious practices are in danger, as some object to Christmas being celebrated!
Crazy.

Dee
jeba

Post by jeba »

Les Bean wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:08 pm
boycott wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:37 pm Why is the world getting itself into a tiswas over George Floyd?

The fact of the matter is that he was been arrested for allegedly been involved in crime (passing forged notes), under the influence of drink and or drugs and having a record of armed robbery.
He was been restrained as he was not complying with the officer(s) instructions.

Yes the officer(s) were wrong in the neck hold and should be held to account for their actions and of course Floyd (and anyone else) deserves to die in this manner.

However the officers did not do this because he was black, it was done as he was not complying with the officers, if the person been arrested was white (or any other colour) would they have acted any different?
Not seen anywhere that he was underh the influence of drinks and drugs. He was handcuffed for allegedly resisting arrest, and was therefore handcuffed when the neckhold was taking place. The police would not have been aware of his previous record(13 years ago the armed robbery btw)
This is the "straw that broke the camels back" because yes, black people are treated differently, and have been for many years, note that in Australia the reaction is because of similar treatment of indigenous Australians with a similar inbalance of treatment and number of deaths in police custody without the police being held accountable
He was under the influence of fentanyl as well as metamphetamine accoring to the post mortem results. And the police officer in charge knew him. But that doesn´t really matter. It was still manslaughter. However, I highly doubt it was racially motivated. 2 of the policemen on his back seem to be members of racial minorities themselves (you can see them here: https://www.n-tv.de/mediathek/videos/p ... 27955.html) and police violence is even more prevalent against white criminals than against blacks according to the link I posted above and according to the video Austin7 posted. What if the victim of police violence in the video I linked to had been black as well? Everyone would have claimed it was another proof of police racism. But it seems the problem is not so much police racism but police brutality. Which might be due to very poor training (average training for policemen in the US takes only 19 weeks according to what I read - but I don´t remember where I read it) and the fact that they have to assume everyone has a gun.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

They don't object to Christmas being celebrated. Religious practices are not in danger. That is just complete guff hoisted around by right-wing elements of the media.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winterval

The above is a good example of that.

Anyway, I'm amazed that nobody has mentioned the police brutality that has happened in the US since George Floyd's death.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.