Yesterday’s UK death rate (as reported, not ONS) showed it was higher than all 27 EU states combined!

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
Diocletian

Re: Yesterday’s UK death rate (as reported, not ONS) showed it was higher than all 27 EU states combined!

Post by Diocletian »

Jimgward wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:04 pm
Diocletian wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:02 pm I do not think that you can rely on any of these figures. There are lots of people who are reporting deaths in their families from all manner of conditions and when it comes to the Death Certs, they are nearly all mentioning Covid 19, which in the majority of those cases mentioned was totally untrue.
Not true. Only confirmed covid tested or covid confirmed by doctor. True figures are based on seasonal differences and are now over 60,000. So a vast underestimate.
Tell that to the families that have received death certs with covid on them when no such virus was involved with their deaths.
Ticking away, the moments that make up a dull day.
Jim B

Re: Yesterday’s UK death rate (as reported, not ONS) showed it was higher than all 27 EU states combined!

Post by Jim B »

Diocletian wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:47 pm
Jimgward wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:04 pm
Diocletian wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:02 pm I do not think that you can rely on any of these figures. There are lots of people who are reporting deaths in their families from all manner of conditions and when it comes to the Death Certs, they are nearly all mentioning Covid 19, which in the majority of those cases mentioned was totally untrue.
Not true. Only confirmed covid tested or covid confirmed by doctor. True figures are based on seasonal differences and are now over 60,000. So a vast underestimate.
Tell that to the families that have received death certs with covid on them when no such virus was involved with their deaths.
Hudswell

Provide a link and evidence please that confirms what you're stating which in fact is illegal and the Doctors who signed them could be prosecuted?
If you wish to support an incompetent buffoon that is your prerogative but don't denigrate people doing a difficult and dangerous job for political point scoring.

Jim
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

You have no proof that any deaths were labelled as Covid when they weren’t. There is loads of proof of deaths bit labelled as cod when it was.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Firefly wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:03 pm Jim

I don't expect you to consider my posts.
Jackie. The fact I commented meant I considered it. I happen to find your assumption that we need to wait to year-end, frankly absurd. It doesn’t need to. Even based on the lower reported figures, the UK is a disaster.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

So, as usual, only Belgium is currently higher in a deaths per million than the UK. We are now heading towards leading the world. As an island. As a 1st world country with a national health service. An exemplary service. With a very large care sector.

My goodness. Anyone who tries to defend the UK is seriously lost.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

From today's Mail;

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... si=6739574

Coronavirus deaths in the UK are at least 10,000 higher than official government tally as grim figures show Covid-19 has already claimed 51,000 lives in Britain (so how many people have died of the disease in YOUR area since the outbreak began?)
Data compiled from the statistical bodies of each home nation shows 51,086 people have died of Covid-19
For comparison, the number of coronavirus deaths given by the Department of Health stands at just 40,597
The real number will be higher because it only takes into account deaths that occurred until the end of May
Here’s how to help people impacted by Covid-19

Britain's real coronavirus death toll is at least 10,000 higher than the government's official tally, according to grim figures released today.

Data compiled by the statistical bodies of each of the home nations show 51,086 people died of either confirmed or suspected Covid-19 across the UK by the end of May. For comparison, the most up-to-date number given by the Department of Health — which only counts lab-confirmed deaths each day — stands at just 40,597.

The real number of victims will be even higher because the tally only takes into account deaths that occurred up until May 31 in Scotland and May 29 in the rest of Britain, meaning it is up to 10 days out of date.

Separate statistics released today also show nearly 64,000 more 'excess deaths' have been recorded in the UK since the Covid-19 crisis spiralled out of control in March.

The figures come after Britain announced just 55 Covid-19 deaths yesterday, in the lowest daily toll since before lockdown. London hospitals recorded no new fatalities for the first time since mid-March, while both Scotland and Northern Ireland went a second day without any victims.

Data released by the Office for National Statistics (ONS), the statistical body for England and Wales, also showed weekly deaths in the seven-day spell ending May 29 plummeted to the lowest rate all year. Only 9,824 deaths were registered in the two countries that week — still 1,600 deaths higher than what would usually be expected.

Both England and Wales — which suffered 16,000 deaths during the darkest fortnight of the crisis in April — are now en route to the way they were before the unprecedented lockdown was imposed on March 23.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

I must admit to being amazed that people aren't on the streets over the handling of this crisis, in the UK. The Care Minster was on BBC this morning and gave another inept performance, to go with the one where Piers Morgan quizzed her. She is totally unsuitable and has cost lives, as most of them have. I would include the SNP in Scotland on that as well....
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

It appears the Pandemic team was scrapped by Blojo six months before the pandemic hit the UK. Seemingly Theresa May mothballed the group so ministers could concentrate on Brexit.
This is a Daily Mail article.

Jim

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... itain.html
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

How sad that people find abusive comments on twitter funny.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Every election Twitter is full of predictions of a Labour landslide. And tweets fly about saying that Gove is going to lose his seat, all the students are coming out en masse, you name it. The election is virtually won before the votes have finished coming in.

Then the exit poll is announced, and the tone changes. It goes more and more gloomy as the night goes on.

Basically, Twitter is full of people on the left bigging their politics up. The only people who really lap it up are the journalists. It is far easier to post a few quoted tweets than do any actual journalism. But don't assume for one moment that the mood on twitter sums up the mood of the nation. It doesn't.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Jimgward wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:05 pm From today's Mail;

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... si=6739574

Coronavirus deaths in the UK are at least 10,000 higher than official government tally as grim figures show Covid-19 has already claimed 51,000 lives in Britain (so how many people have died of the disease in YOUR area since the outbreak began?)
---

I think deaths above the usual figure is the best guide to use.

It makes me laugh though, when people say that flu deaths are being reported as COVID deaths. Their logic is that there are less flu deaths than normal. They fail to take into account that social distancing will reduce the number of flu deaths.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Having had a brief look at Twitter and tweets I can now fully understand and appreciate why some people replace the “I” and “e” with an “a”
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Jimgym wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:49 pm How sad that people find abusive comments on twitter funny.
I find it strange you're defending a man who is a past master of making abusive comments being on the receiving end of abusive comments. What goes round usually comes round.

What I find sad is that sixty thousand plus people have died, many unnecessary and the comments are about someone on Twitter calling Blojo fat.

Jim
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Jimgym wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:49 pm How sad that people find abusive comments on twitter funny.
Its the joke about bubble bath being confused with the bubble that is funny.
People have been unsure on the rules of lockdown etc because he cannot communicate to them in simple layman's terms, he mumbles and stutters his way through things that he doesn't really understand himself.

Fat, 'a person who is overweight'.
Fraud, 'a person or thing intended to deceive others, typically by unjustifiably claiming or being credited with accomplishments or qualities'.

With the catalogue of mistakes and lies that he and his government have made he/they deserve the contempt that they receive.
I cant believe that people so blindly follow and support the conservative party in its present form.
David
Dishonesty is the second best policy
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Jim B wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:20 am
I find it strange you're defending a man who is a past master of making abusive comments being on the receiving end of abusive comments. What goes round usually comes round.

What I find sad is that sixty thousand plus people have died, many unnecessary and the comments are about someone on Twitter calling Blojo fat.

Jim
If you have to report to childish insults on Twitter of all places you really have lost the argument.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Uncle D wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:49 am
Its the joke about bubble bath being confused with the bubble that is funny.
People have been unsure on the rules of lockdown etc because he cannot communicate to them in simple layman's terms, he mumbles and stutters his way through things that he doesn't really understand himself.

Fat, 'a person who is overweight'.
Fraud, 'a person or thing intended to deceive others, typically by unjustifiably claiming or being credited with accomplishments or qualities'.

With the catalogue of mistakes and lies that he and his government have made he/they deserve the contempt that they receive.
I cant believe that people so blindly follow and support the conservative party in its present form.
How incredibly patronising. I am well ware of the meaning thank you. I am just shocked that people are trying to defend such pathetic name calling. I can't believe people actually find that sort of behaviour acceptable, unfortunately they do. What a sad society we have become. It reinforces why people call it Tw@tter.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

It may be a sad society but you need to accept the way things are and move with the times.
Old men have been moaning about the way things are compered to the way things used to be since the year dot, then they die and the world keeps turning.
David
Dishonesty is the second best policy
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Nope, there is no excuse for such nastiness, it only leads to worse behaviour. Still, there will always be some who condone it, which says a lot about them....
Is this what you call moving with the times?
For those who don't wish to read, its about the barrage of abuse Priti Patel has received on Twitter. But hey, we need to move with the times apparently.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Jimgym wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:30 am
Jim B wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:20 am

Jim
If you have to report to childish insults on Twitter of all places you really have lost the argument.
Well Blojo has been using childish insults and lies for the past thirty years so does that mean he lost the argument thirty years ago?
As for comments about Pritti Patel, it goes with the territory. My name used to adorn the the toilet walls when I was Construction Manager. My parentage was questioned as was my sexual preference for animals and also comments about my Liverpool heritage were quite common but it goes with the job.

Jim
Jim