Yesterday’s UK death rate (as reported, not ONS) showed it was higher than all 27 EU states combined!

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
Jim B

Re: Yesterday’s UK death rate (as reported, not ONS) showed it was higher than all 27 EU states combined!

Post by Jim B »

What is it Alan, the best form defence is attack?
As I keep saying it's funny how things get personal when theres no counter argument.
Blojo got just under three million less votes than the other parties and it is only due to the undemocratic system used in the UK that he received his majority. He may have pulled the wool over your eyes but people are now seeing him for what he is and his popularity is falling like a Lemming off a cliff.

Jim
Jimgym

Re: Yesterday’s UK death rate (as reported, not ONS) showed it was higher than all 27 EU states combined!

Post by Jimgym »

Jim B wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:43 am What is it Alan, the best form defence is attack?
As I keep saying it's funny how things get personal when theres no counter argument.
Blojo got just under three million less votes than the other parties and it is only due to the undemocratic system used in the UK that he received his majority. He may have pulled the wool over your eyes but people are now seeing him for what he is and his popularity is falling like a Lemming off a cliff.

Jim
Oh I agree Jim, I'm as shocked as you are at Lloyd's post.
Did Johnson get a massive majority in Parliament? YES
Did Johnson design the voting system in UK? NO But if your preferred party and got in you'd no doubt be saying what a wonderful system it is.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Alan
You're fooling yourself, Johnson never got a massive majority of votes, it was a majority of seats and the Tories have been changing the ward boundaries for years.
You hide behind the word Democracy but you support an undemocratic system. It appears you believe we should all sit quietly and take what is thrown at us till the next election but what would you do if Blojo with his massive majority decided to cancel the next general election, would you just accept it.
This government has already been accused of gerrymandering to favour the Tory Party, Cummings has beem held in contemt by Parliament and the Housing Minister has refused to go before a parliament committee to answer questions over helping a Tory benefactor avoid a 40 million tax bill even though he admitted it.
By supporting Johnson YOU support the tax evasion, award of contracts to friends, the lies and every other underhand deal that's been made, that's how despots get into power.

Jim
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

No Jim, I’m not fooling myself, partly because I never said he got a massive majority of votes, I said a majority in Parliament, ie seats. I’m very aware of what goes on in politics and find each party has its many failings, surprising as that may be yo some. I’m not hiding behind anything, what do you expect people to do? Vote in an election then ignore the results because they disagree?
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

If we disagree with his methods and the direction he is leading the country then yes we should make our voices heard. He's promised many things and renagued on them so we should question him and if he's giving contracts to his friends without due process then yes we should question him. If hes allowing his Ministers to aid tax evasion then we should ask why just as we should query why his Senior Adviser is being held in contempt by Parliament, just as we should keep asking why the Russian Report has still not been published, nine months after it was released by the Defence Committee.
By supporting him you are supporting the erosion of our democracy you say you care so much about.

Jim
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

I think that this just about sums Johnson up
David
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

L.B.

Oh dear, any excuse, honestly. I think you know what I meant, or maybe you didn't read the article.

Well boys, enjoy your mud slinging, if you didn't have Allan and myself to have a go at, wouldn't you be bored. :lol:
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

L.B

I imagine that you meant 'styles'.

I do not answer to you, how or what I post. You do not have to reply to me, it's your choice.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

An informative timeline on the virus.

Jim
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Jim B wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:57 am An informative timeline on the virus.

Jim
I do not know how I was able to follow this because I am not subscribed to Facebook. However, I did and found it superbly interesting. I am now looking forward – hopefully – to part two.

Part one certainly shows the total incompetence of the so-called "leaders" of the British government, when the boss man is completely incapable of positive action.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

I’ve added her as a YouTube video as its more accessible

Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Very sobering watching that, even knowing the facts and knowing of more failures than are even listed there...