UK 14 Day Quarantine

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
Jim B

Re: UK 14 Day Quarantine

Post by Jim B »

Jimgym wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:05 pm
Jim B wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:27 pm Alan
I don't think it's me being naive, Cumming is the senior special advisor who advises and assists in setting Blojo's government policy.
Cambell was Press Secretary who advised on putting the policy developed by Blairs government into the public domain, totally different to what you're suggesting.

Jim
If you believe Campbell & Cummings are not operating in the same manner then so be it, you are wrong, but that is your perogative.

Are you sure it's not you who are wrong, theres always a first time you know. ;-)

Jim
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Firefly wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:35 pm Boris has been seriously ill recently as we all know. I do not believe that he is as yet, fully recovered from the virus. Cut the man some slack.
If he's not up to it he should step aside, theres no time to cut him some slack as you say. People are dying by the hundreds every day.

Jim
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Why not post instead? Some of us don't use twitter..
WHL

Post by WHL »

Firefly wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:35 pm Boris has been seriously ill recently as we all know. I do not believe that he is as yet, fully recovered from the virus. Cut the man some slack.

His shambolic handling or rather non handling of this crises, has resulted in tens of thousands of unnecessary deaths, so I will, save my sympathy for the poor souls that arnt here anymore, not this baffoon.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Kili01 wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:14 pm Why not post instead? Some of us don't use twitter..
Because taking a screenshot and trying to submit always gets a file too large issue on here.

I thought you could see the image anyway, without being registered in twitter?
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Boris Johnson as seen by Matthew Parris

E7C42C3C-5D5C-487D-AEF8-7640C83BE967.jpeg
E7C42C3C-5D5C-487D-AEF8-7640C83BE967.jpeg (112.52 KiB) Viewed 4104 times
Just for you Killi I have globe and found an app.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Jim

Let's hope you are never on the receiving end of someone with your view.

Get ill, leave your job.

Only him, together with his G P, should make that decision, not us.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Lloyd

No I didn't make excuses for him. I have already stated that some measures were put into place far too late.

Boris has been seriously ill himself. Jim seems to think that he should go if he is still suffering the after effects, not good.

Oh and Lloyd, I always wait for the usual suspects to pounce, thank you for not disappointing me :lol:
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Firefly wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:01 pm Jim

Let's hope you are never on the receiving end of someone with your view.

Get ill, leave your job.

Only him, together with his G P, should make that decision, not us.
I'm not sure if you're having a go at me or Jim Ward but that's how it is in the real world, especially industries on schedules and time limits. If you're not up to the task you either step aside or get replaced by someone who is capable of doing what's required.If a key worker breaks a leg you don't stop the project till it mends, you bring in someone to do his job.
The country can't sit about losing around 400 people a day to CV19 until Blojo feels a little better, the problem is that I don't believe there's anyone in his inner circle who is capable as anyone who was he's either got rid of or sidelined.

Jim
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

No politician should retain a position of power if they are incompetent. Boris, Hancock, Raab and Patel, in my opinion, are totally incompetent and have cost thousands of unnecessary deaths. Eugenics if you followed Jackie’s logic.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

I bet BoJo never asked his ex-boss for a reference:
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
clive of payia

Post by clive of payia »

Sounds like the Remainers last fling before the final act of departing the corrupt EU. Going for man not the ball. Very un-British.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Thank you Jingward for posting that piece for me. It seems that there is plenty written about Boris in his past. The piece that Photo Lady posted which was written by his former boss seems a very candid assessment of his character and past performance.

Why oh why was the British public so gullible as not to see through this man before the election? It is also wicked the way that he was able to get rid of so many able and experienced senior members of the party, who might have been far more use to him in this present crisis.
Dee
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Perhaps we could have some sort of vote on Johnson, oh wait, we already have and a vast majority voted for him and his party to govern the country. Isn't democracy wonderful!
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Jimgym wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:42 am Perhaps we could have some sort of vote on Johnson, oh wait, we already have and a vast majority voted for him and his party to govern the country. Isn't democracy wonderful!
Alan
So what you're suggesting is because Johnson and his inner circle won a majority of seats (not a majority of votes by the way) the population should suffer their incompetent approach to CV 19 in silence?

Jim
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

I cant see why anyone would feel sorry for a bloke who caught the virus through his own stupidity.
He has taken to wearing an earpiece in PMQ's, and he uses his bumbling stuttering time taking to hear pointers from I dont know who, maybe his puppet master
David
Dishonesty is the second best policy
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Jim B wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:10 am
Jimgym wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:42 am Perhaps we could have some sort of vote on Johnson, oh wait, we already have and a vast majority voted for him and his party to govern the country. Isn't democracy wonderful!
Alan
So what you're suggesting is because Johnson and his inner circle won a majority of seats (not a majority of votes by the way) the population should suffer their incompetent approach to CV 19 in silence?

Jim
Er no. I'm not sure where you got that impression from. My point was, if people don't like him or his party, they can vote them out at the next election. As I said, isn't democracy wonderful!
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Uncle D wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:27 am I cant see why anyone would feel sorry for a bloke who caught the virus through his own stupidity.
He has taken to wearing an earpiece in PMQ's, and he uses his bumbling stuttering time taking to hear pointers from I dont know who, maybe his puppet master
Oh dear, another gullible person believing conspiracy theories. How embarrassing.
https://metro.co.uk/2020/06/03/no-boris ... questions/
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/12909 ... navirus-uk
https://trendswide.com/downing-street-i ... e-at-pmqs/

Hopefully this clears things up for the conspiracy theorists amongst us?
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

clive of payia wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:07 am Sounds like the Remainers last fling before the final act of departing the corrupt EU. Going for man not the ball. Very un-British.
Nothing to do with remainers. An inept crowd of politicians are still inept, no matter their political views on a subject distant from that of the thread. Why introduce red herrings into the thread?