Th P.M.'s speech-understood

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
Uncle D

Re: Th P.M.'s speech-understood

Post by Uncle D »

Aargent wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:06 pm Please don't insult our intelligence by spouting " true estimates" You listen to the BBC too much !
Lately the BBC are saying what the government want them say, otherwise they will be told to axe the licence fee and go commercial.
David
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

All of the media has been bought off - with the exception of Channel4 who are banned from press conferences. The government is spending 10s of millions on everyday COVID adverts with the papers and that. money buys conformance, to an extent.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

28341054-8315219-image-a-31_1589370370359.jpg
28341054-8315219-image-a-31_1589370370359.jpg (57.73 KiB) Viewed 4634 times
28341402-8315219-image-a-41_1589371327699.jpg
28341402-8315219-image-a-41_1589371327699.jpg (28.19 KiB) Viewed 4634 times
Very telling images from Daily Mail - estimates are that care home deaths are much higher than ONS figures

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... si=6739574
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

And how about the Scottish figures for care home deaths? How is Sturgeon doing?
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Jimgym wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 9:45 pm And how about the Scottish figures for care home deaths? How is Sturgeon doing?
Terribly - why? Are you so insecure you need to check if people are fair? I think all in power have done a terrible job. Sturgeon allowed patients to be shipped from hospitals to care homes and didn’t do enough about testing. It is criminal. Indefensible. The figures in Scotland, though, have been published in care homes and the community for some time. What we dont know is if ALL futures are being published. I.e. those who died but not tested and most likely `Covid.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Jimgward wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 11:24 am
Jimgym wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 9:45 pm And how about the Scottish figures for care home deaths? How is Sturgeon doing?
Terribly - why? Are you so insecure you need to check if people are fair? I think all in power have done a terrible job. Sturgeon allowed patients to be shipped from hospitals to care homes and didn’t do enough about testing. It is criminal. Indefensible. The figures in Scotland, though, have been published in care homes and the community for some time. What we dont know is if ALL futures are being published. I.e. those who died but not tested and most likely `Covid.
Oh stop being such so pathetic. I was asking because you only posted England & Wales figures, which I found strange. As usual you are quick to attack England but strangely quiet on Scotland.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

No, I happen to point out an article that ONLY highlights the English figure as that's the one in dispute. You're the pathetic one - always driven by personal politics and assuming everyone else is. I have no allegiance to any political party - only political ideals that cross most parties in bits and none completely.

You, on the other hand, are a typical cap-doffing, narrow-minded right-wing.. (three hyphens will do) ;) :D :mrgreen:
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Jimgward wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 3:00 pm No, I happen to point out an article that ONLY highlights the English figure as that's the one in dispute. You're the pathetic one - always driven by personal politics and assuming everyone else is. I have no allegiance to any political party - only political ideals that cross most parties in bits and none completely.

You, on the other hand, are a typical cap-doffing, narrow-minded right-wing.. (three hyphens will do) ;) :D :mrgreen:
You are always very quick to slag Johnson off but strangely quiet on Sturgeon. I realised why you didn't post the Scottish care home figures, because they are appalling.

As to your other comments about me, you obviously don't know me and I won't brother to respond to each of them as it really isn't worth the effort.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

I think Russia are the biggest fibbers re deaths at the moment.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Jimgym wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 3:17 pm
Jimgward wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 3:00 pm No, I happen to point out an article that ONLY highlights the English figure as that's the one in dispute. You're the pathetic one - always driven by personal politics and assuming everyone else is. I have no allegiance to any political party - only political ideals that cross most parties in bits and none completely.

You are always very quick to slag Johnson off but strangely quiet on Sturgeon. I realised why you didn't post the Scottish care home figures, because they are appalling.

As to your other comments about me, you obviously don't know me and I won't brother to respond to each of them as it really isn't worth the effort.
Sturgeon has limited control over the Covid situation, but she needs castigated on the points I listed above. I therefore have not had anything to necessarily attribute directly to Sturgeon, who I have said has also done an awful job.
I see the only positive steps that have happened properly by anyone in the UK, has been the furlough scheme. Nothing else. Some were decent attempts but didn't work properly. Some were deliberate decisions that have cost lives.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Here is a summary of the government's line, for people who find it too complicated to understand:

guidelines.jpg
guidelines.jpg (44.31 KiB) Viewed 4464 times
Varky

Post by Varky »

Even though I detest the woman I think, in her press conferences. Nicola Sturgeon has been a whole lot more clear in her responses on the situation in Scotland than any of the muppets purporting to represent the UK government and the English situation. Just my opinion.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Does anyone on here watch Gogglebox?

If you don't, I'm sure the part of the programme aired last night as they watched and discussed the announcement made by Boris will soon be shared in public. Otherwise, it's repeated on Tuesday evening.

Their verdict made from multiple households certainly showed how clear the message was....
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Sorry, but anybody who has anything to do with a tv program which consists of filming people watching TV shouldn't be trusted with anything more complicated than the opening of an envelope.
Varky

Post by Varky »

Dominic wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 11:11 am Sorry, but anybody who has anything to do with a tv program which consists of filming people watching TV shouldn't be trusted with anything more complicated than the opening of an envelope.
in your opinion, that is. And you are entitled to it.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Never seen Gogglebox, not a fan of any reality television.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Look Gogglebox fans, of course it is my opinion. Mind the bar you have lowered, you might trip over it.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Jimgym wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 2:48 pm Never seen Gogglebox, not a fan of any reality television.
I much prefer documentaries and avoid reality TV; each to their own of course.
Watching a fascinating series at the moment called Draining the Oceans which uses technology and photography to empty the seas and deserts to expose what lies beneath the surface.

Jim
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Les Bean wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 9:37 am
Dominic wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 7:57 pm Look Gogglebox fans, of course it is my opinion. Mind the bar you have lowered, you might trip over it.
But your opinion was of the mental capacity of those who watch the programme, not of the programme itself
Actually my opening remark was aimed at the people who make and participate in it.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

In that case I refer you to my previous statement. :lol: