Tony Blair Petition - Please sign

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
merchant_banker

Tony Blair Petition - Please sign

Post by merchant_banker »

Cut all public funding to Tony Blair - This to include protection & expenses

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/186047
josef k

Re: Tony Blair Petition - Please sign

Post by josef k »

In the UK, as elsewhere, all ex-prime ministers receive protection for the rest of their lives. You seem to be supporting the idea that this should be withdrawn if the person in question has views you disagree with. To extend this stance, we can see that all ex-prime ministers should have their protection withdrawn because someone somewhere disagrees with them. A strange stance in a civilised country.

So, thinking ahead, if Blair's protection was withdrawn and someone murdered him, then his family's loss of a husband and father would be a fair price to pay given that it removes someone who you disagree with.

Now I am worried, as you will obviously disagree with me!!

P.S. I am concerned with the principle here. I don't give a fig for Blair. I see him as a Tory with a red tie, and an all round smarmy git.
Cogs123

Post by Cogs123 »

Indeed, it is disturbing, no doubt started by the hard right in an attempt to silence him...permanently. :lol:
Life is not about waiting for the Storm to pass...
It is about learning to Dance in the Rain
smudger

Post by smudger »

To be fair JK if this ever actually happened Blair could afford to pay the whole UK and/ or U.S. army to protect him! Which I think may be the point rather than - leaving him open to assassins!