British Figures Adjusted

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
Jimgym

Re: British Figures Adjusted

Post by Jimgym »

Jim B wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 1:11 pm
Jimgym wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 12:37 pm
Les Bean wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 12:00 pm
Whether you vote or not,if you are British you still take interest in your birth country more than others I think
Taking an interest is one thing, many of us do that. But being so hyper critical of what the Government does when you don't vote in the elections is another matter.
I have a lot of family in the UK and if I believe the government is being negligent and possibly putting their lives at risk I have every right to be critical.

Jim
If you believe they are being negligent then I suggest you sue them, that is a far better solution that merely complaining on a Paphos based internet forum......
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Jimgym wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 1:20 pm
Jimgym wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 12:37 pm

Taking an interest is one thing, many of us do that. But being so hyper critical of what the Government does when you don't vote in the elections is another matter.
I have a lot of family in the UK and if I believe the government is being negligent and possibly putting their lives at risk I have every right to be critical.

Jim
If you believe they are being negligent then I suggest you sue them, that is a far better solution that merely complaining on a Paphos based internet forum......
I'm sure there would be a long queue in front of me with people who have a lot more intelligence than I have though I would contribute to any crowd funding requests.
People stayed silent last century and look where that led us to,

Jim
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Jim B wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 4:52 pm
Jimgym wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 1:20 pm

Jim
I'm sure there would be a long queue in front of me with people who have a lot more intelligence than I have though I would contribute to any crowd funding requests.
People stayed silent last century and look where that led us to,

Jim
Then do it! Be the one who takes action because they feel the Govt is negligent. You may well be right in assuming people would crowd fund it. But then you may be wrong in a court of law, who knows....
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Look Alan if you want to go through life living in ignorant bliss and believing everything in the gardens rosy then good luck to you.
Your party were "massaging" ( quote from Sky News this morning) the number of CV 19 tests done yesterday by adding 50 thousand self test kits that had only been posted yesterday.

Jim
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Jim B wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 7:54 am Look Alan if you want to go through life living in ignorant bliss and believing everything in the gardens rosy then good luck to you.
Your party were "massaging" ( quote from Sky News this morning) the number of CV 19 tests done yesterday by adding 50 thousand self test kits that had only been posted yesterday.

Jim
Jim, just because I don't see everything as doom and gloom, doesn't mean I am living in ignorant bliss. Please stop referring to them as "my party", they aren't. I didn't vote for them, but they won the election, so I, like others just let them get on with it. I don't have to like it, but I am certainly not going to spend all my time complaining about it on here! Have a good day! :)
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Oh look Alan someone's beat me to it.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... ion-cygnus

Believe me Alan I'm no gloom and doom merchant, too many kicks in the teeth during my life to let CV19 put me in a depressive state. Glass is usually full to the brim.
What does annoy me though is a group of morally bankrupt charlatans who've taken over the Tory Party trying to pretend everything is fine when obviously everything is not.

Jim
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Jim B wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 11:23 am Oh look Alan someone's beat me to it.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... ion-cygnus

Believe me Alan I'm no gloom and doom merchant, too many kicks in the teeth during my life to let CV19 put me in a depressive state. Glass is usually full to the brim.
What does annoy me though is a group of morally bankrupt charlatans who've taken over the Tory Party trying to pretend everything is fine when obviously everything is not.

Jim
Ah I've only just seen this. I posted it just now in new thread!