Is this boss right?

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
Cactuslil

Re: Is this boss right?

Post by Cactuslil »

I think he’s right. People are afraid to open their mouths in case what they say is construed as being racist,sexist etc. Maybe it is better to talk about your life problems but we come from a different generation where you just get on with it.There seems to be too many legal actions brought against bosses for what seems like a trivial matter to us.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

I think that the boss is 100% correct.
All things are possible
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Young generations are the products of older generations. Blame the hippies.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Dominic,i was a hippie in my younger day,,,,,i,m offended!! But thanks,its the first thing I have found today that's offended me,but the days still young!!
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

I think he's wrong; I never went to work to be insulted.
And warnings on TV, flash photography can cause an epileptic fit in some people and I've seen enough dead bodies in real life to want to see them on TV.
So I suppose I'm a snow flake.

Jim
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:07 am
What a bunch of lily-livered, namby-pambies we have appear to have become. What would our forefathers, who in their late teens were sent to fight and kill in the first and second world wars, make of our apparent inability to cope with what is a fairly mundane existence compared to what they had to contend with.
Speaking of your forefathers, how come it is only in the era of the snowflake that Poppy appeals etc have really been a big thing. Why weren't your generation making sure your forefathers were getting the attention they deserved for the PTSD they picked up on th battlefield? Why did so many of your forefathers die penniless on the streets, because they were unable to cope? And how did your generation let an environment which allowed people like Jimmy Savile to thrive come into being?

Every action has an equal an opposite reaction.

And what was the anti-PC banter that the boss was refering to? Let's hear a sample of it, so we can see what you are approving.
kingfisher

Post by kingfisher »

Specially for any sensitive souls who are too-readily triggered by every wafting snowflake, I have the perfect antidote: an eloquent young lady who is worth watching, bearing in mind she is a prime candidate for a “no-platforming” intervention by the thought police. Wonder she even slipped through the Google algorithm!
Jon.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Why should she talk about the science? The vast majority of the scientific community, you know, actual scientists, have been talking about it for ages. If you aren't going to listen to them, why would you listen to her?
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

People had shell shock after WW1, which was PTSD.

And we had poppies too, but it was nothing like the big deal it is now.