Remainers vow never to use Brexit coins

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
Jim B

Re: Remainers vow never to use Brexit coins

Post by Jim B »

Firefly wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:50 pm Uncle D

Not diminished, just bored, waiting for another dog with teeth rather than bare gums. ;)
Typical Brexiteer tactics, lose the argument, get personal.

Jim
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Jim B wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:29 pm

Not diminished, just bored, waiting for another dog with teeth rather than bare gums. ;)

Jim
Which is also what Remainers, particularly some on here, have been doing for over 3 years now.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Jimgym wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:52 am

Jim
Which is also what Remainers, particularly some on here, have been doing for over 3 years now.
There's a difference between general and personal comments. I know how sensitive Leavers are so Im always careful how I write my posts. The Remainers comments over the last three years you're referring to on here have in the most casesl been of a general nature.

Jim
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Jim B wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:06 am

Jim
There's a difference between general and personal comments. I know how sensitive Leavers are so Im always careful how I write my posts. The Remainers comments over the last three years you're referring to on here have in the most casesl been of a general nature.

Jim
Leavers to my mind aren't particularly sensitive they just don't like being constantly insulted. How you can even begin to defend the insults and slurs by remainers on here is quite frankly not only laughable but breathtaking in its utter hypocrisy.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Jimgym wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:16 am
Jim B wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:06 am

Jim
Leavers to my mind aren't particularly sensitive they just don't like being constantly insulted. How you can even begin to defend the insults and slurs by remainers on here is quite frankly not only laughable but breathtaking in its utter hypocrisy.
I think we've been over this point before and even one or two posts you have made I've taken exception to but never ran crying to Admin about it unlike others who post here and I'm not pointing the finger at you personally who has always been courteous and apologetic when I've been upset with some of the comments.
Yes , Leavers have had differences with one or two Remainers but generally it's been six of one and half a dozen of the other. Not hypocracy as suggested; you should (in the cold light of day) read back over the posts made and as far as insults and slurs are concerned it's a two way street..

Jim
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

I’ve give it out to leavers and taken it back. Once or twice I did overstep the mark and apologised for it. Once or twice others did the same to me.

I have been called racist and other slurs on here and never ran screaming about it - asked for apologies I didn’t get.

The Internet is a goldmine for keyboard warriors and I’ve even been challenged to a fight by an ex poster from here! ;-)
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Jim B

I had to laugh, sensitive ? You call my post insulting, for goodness sake, that is pathetic.

My reply was to Uncle D not you, his post was insulting, but you said nothing about that. I am not in anyway sensitive, I just give as good as I get, if you can't handle that, perhaps time to stop posting.

The 'Rat Pack' on here has successfully got rid of most female posters on the politics section, I know that for a fact, as I have it directly from some of the ones who have left.

You do not have to respond to my posts, that is purely and simply down to you.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Jim B

You state that you would prefer a P.M. with integrity, something you say Boris lacks. Given the choice at the last election, who would you have voted for ?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Jimgward wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:31 pm I’ve give it out to leavers and taken it back. Once or twice I did overstep the mark and apologised for it. Once or twice others did the same to me.

I have been called racist and other slurs on here and never ran screaming about it - asked for apologies I didn’t get.

The Internet is a goldmine for keyboard warriors and I’ve even been challenged to a fight by an ex poster from here! ;-)
That was my point. Both sides have traded insults. No idea who is running screaming about it though.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Firefly wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:42 pm Jim B

You state that you would prefer a P.M. with integrity, something you say Boris lacks. Given the choice at the last election, who would you have voted for ?
Being honest Jackie, I would find it difficult to choose one out of the lot of them.
I'm fortunate I couldn't. vote so didnt have to make a decision. Maybe I'm old school but integrity and honesty go a long way in my book and Blojo is lacking in both.

Jim
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Looking at the candidates for the Labour Leadership, it is as if they permanently want to be in opposition.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Jim B

That's one thing that we do agree on, I'm old school too, but I had to make a choice, as I wasn't going to abstain from voting.

My choice of Boris was not based on his integrity nor the lack of it, but that he said that he would uphold the referendum result, and make Brexit happen, which he has done. Other factors which came into play were my dislike of Corbyn, I wouldn't trust him to lead a donkey, let alone a country, his links with terrorist organisations, and his intention to hold a second referendum.

We can only wait and see what the future holds for Britain now, for good or bad, only time will tell.