Election Predictions

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
Dominic
Site Admin

Election Predictions

Post by Dominic »

These are the predictions from Odds Checker this morning:

https://www.oddschecker.com/insight/pol ... rojections

Oddschecker Total Seat Projections (Not including speaker)
Party

Number of constituencies favourite in

Conservative 352
Labour 214
SNP 43
Liberal Democrats 17
DUP 9
Sinn Fein 7
Plaid Cymru 4
Green 1
SDLP 2

That would be a thumping win for the tories. Personally I think it is going to be a lot closer than that though.

Concentrating on just Tories vs Labour, I reckon Conservatives will get 330 and Labour 236.

Anybody else care to make a prediction? Winner will be crowned Forum Emperor for the Day, provided they can be arsed to turn up to collect their online prize.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Jimgward

Re: Election Predictions

Post by Jimgward »

335 for Tories
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Exit poll by BBX has Tories on 368!

If that is anything like the final outcome, Labour have got to ditch Corbyn now.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Varky

Post by Varky »

Now at 363 actual with 2 seats still to declare. Jimgward's prediction way out. Termites Dream close. GBP now at €1.20.
Last edited by Varky on Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:45 am, edited 3 times in total.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Dominic wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:03 am Exit poll by BBX has Tories on 368!

If that is anything like the final outcome, Labour have got to ditch Corbyn now.
Labour should of ditched Corbyn a long time ago, to have any chance of winning an Election.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

I'm for neither Boris nor Jeremy, and decry their parties. However, the thought of Boris for 5 years sends shudders down my spine. He will be a total catastrophe because he will never listen to the reason of his 'advisers' while trying to play to the audience. He will favour the rich while the poor will increasingly suffer! Oh! the British people have been hoodwinked into a 5 year catastrophe because a majority believed the EU was doing them a disservice.

I thought Teresa May was the worst UK PM, but I was wrong, Boris will kill the UK, mark my words!
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Unbelievable!
But I'm very keen now to see how soon after Brexit, our Government will bring back the fishing industry they've promised to a port which can no longer support fishing trawlers....
At least we've held on to our Labour seat, much to the annoyance of some people 😉
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Our daughter was told this morning that due to the election result and high probability that EU funding will cease at the end of January the team she is working in doing research into Alzheimer's at Oxford will be disbanded due to lack of funding.
Not to worry though, all the billionaires and hedge fund managers will make a killing.

Jim