Peston with egg on his face

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
Dominic
Site Admin

Peston with egg on his face

Post by Dominic »

The other day, Peston tweeted that Conservative MP Matt Hancock's adviser had been whacked by a protester specially shipped in by Labour.

Then the actual footage of the incident emerged. You can clearly see the adviser walking into an outstretched hand. The protester didn't even know he was there.

Here's the footage:

So Peston has now tweeted:
It is completely clear from video footage that @MattHancock's adviser was not whacked by a protestor, as I was told by senior Tories, but that he inadvertently walked into a protestor's hand. I apologise for getting this wrong.
Why aren't these senior Tories named? If they are blatantly lying to the press like this, the public deserve the right to know. Especially if they are lying to Peston and he then repeats the lie. He has a duty to first check his facts and second to report on who lied to him.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Dominic
Site Admin

Re: Peston with egg on his face

Post by Dominic »

More misinformation, about the Leeds Infirmary.

https://www.bbc.com/news/50728920
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

It wasn’t just Peston, but every right-wing sympathetic ‘journalist’ - and I use the word carefully. If he was a journalist, he would expose the liars. He hasn’t and he and Kaunsberg (sp) and others should fall on their swords. The Mail and Expres ran the story as well as many other media outlets.

We all know Cummings was involved.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

The account that started the facebook ‘bot’ has been linked to Hancock.