UK Election

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
WHL

UK Election

Post by WHL »

Best Quote ever, by Mark Twain

If voting made any difference they wouldn't let us do it.”

there you have it in a nut shell ;)
brengreen

Re: UK Election

Post by brengreen »

Brilliant quote!
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

So are you saying there is absolutely no difference between a Corbyn government and a Johnson one?
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Dominic wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:39 am So are you saying there is absolutely no difference between a Corbyn government and a Johnson one?
What I think im saying is , would you buy a second hand car, from either one of these Clowns?
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

This election is unique, with Johnson, Corbyn and Swinson as the 3 UK ‘leaders’ - none of them hold candles to political heavyweights of the past.

It is also unique in the level of lying, subterfuge and downright shenanigans being perpetrated.

As an example, Boris is interviews about the 4 year-old boy in Leeds hospital. He cannot handle the question, makes a complete arse of himself and
Cummings immediately despatches Hancock to Leeds.

He sees no easy way out, so Cummings ‘briefs’ the Mail, the Express and other right-wing papers, and Peston, Kuensberg (sp) and others about Labour asking activists to attend the hospital and harass Hancock. One of them has punched Hancocks adviser. They all run with it and it’s all lies. The video comes out and shows it’s all lies. There were no labour activists. There was no assault. No taxis had brought activists.

Hancock then stimulates a Facebook Bot, using an account of his young friend. It perpetrates another lie, across 30,000 posts in minutes, that the picture was ‘faked’ and that the boy wasn’t lying on a floor. The hospital then releases a statement admitting the boy was and apologising to his parents. All messy and symptomatic of the the terrible pit that politics has fallen into.

I wish we could step back 5 years as the country has regressed.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Interesting, several questions come to mind over the boy on the floor.

Having worked in an A & E department, and had experience of what arrives on the floor, that is the last place I would allow my sick son to be, would you ? Why is a mother taking photos of this and what does she hope to achieve ? Why isn't the sick boy in his mother's arms ? Mine would have been. It raises too many questions for me to find credible.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Varky

Post by Varky »

Boris's message is "Let's get Brexit Done". My question is why did he not get it done when he had the chance before parliament was dissolved and his deal with the EU had got the votes in parliament to go further. I will answer my own question. He and his devious sidekick Dominic Cummins saw the chance to get another 5 years of a Tory big business loving government of austerity by tagging on the brexit theme as a major policy point of the general election and attracting Brexiteers as a smokescreen to vote for him rather than having to focus on what's happening in the country which is what general elections should really be for. I think the electorate are having the wool pulled over their eyes.

Not that I think that Jeremy Corbyn would be a massive success as PM but, if you forget his history, in debates and on political broadcasts he comes across as a comparatively more reasonable man. It's a pity he hasn't got a handle on the anti-Semitic accusations before now. Boris is a blustering buffoon and if you examine what he says he actually says nothing or misleads everyone. I find it difficult to understand why he is supported by so many people, who I previously would have considered to be intelligent.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Dominic

Having read the article, it doesn't change my questions.

Why take a sick child to A & E in the first place, surely the G.P. would have been first on the list to visit. In the practice I belong to, the on call doctor would have contacted the mother within half an hour, and the child would have been seen the same day, usually within an hour or so if necessary.

A & E is self explanatory, accident and emergency, and why anyone would put their sick child on the floor of a probably contaminated A & E department, it is beyond me.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

It has the feeling of a publicity stunt using the poor kid. I simply can't believe that even if no bed was available why a few chairs could not have been pushed together to make him more comfortable.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

It may well be a publicity stunt. However, the fake facebook posts discrediting it were most definitely posting blatant lies.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

bromerzz wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:36 pm It has the feeling of a publicity stunt using the poor kid. I simply can't believe that even if no bed was available why a few chairs could not have been pushed together to make him more comfortable.
Rubbish. Total rubbish. The kid was on the floor under an oxygen outlet, put there by the hospital. They said so in a statement. Stop making stuff up, Try research.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Firefly wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:23 pm Dominic

Having read the article, it doesn't change my questions.

Why take a sick child to A & E in the first place, surely the G.P. would have been first on the list to visit. In the practice I belong to, the on call doctor would have contacted the mother within half an hour, and the child would have been seen the same day, usually within an hour or so if necessary.

A & E is self explanatory, accident and emergency, and why anyone would put their sick child on the floor of a probably contaminated A & E department, it is beyond me.
You may well live where you can be visited quickly. My practice sends people to A&E if symptoms of pneumonia exist. It was right place for the kid. Pneumonia for this kid was an emergency. The parents didn’t pt the kid on the floor, the hospital did. Again, please research rather than spouting lies and speculation.
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

Its all too much NHS political bias.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

bromerzz wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:56 pm Its all too much NHS political bias.
No, it’s political manipulation of facts by the Tories. 100%.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

The trouble is, it is no longer who is the best, but who will do the least damage.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Jimgw

Was pneumonia diagnosed and if so by whom ?

You accuse me of telling lies, please point out the lies. You say that the hospital put the child on the floor, I find that a very strange and dangerous thing for hospital staff to do, please post a link.

I still cannot find the answers to my questions anywhere. There is no way my sick child would be on the floor, would yours ? That's if you have any, I cannot research that either.
Varky

Post by Varky »

Jimgw,
It has been acknowledged by the hospital that they put the child and his mother in a room where there were only chairs. Whether these chairs could have been pushed together to make a makeshift bed I don't know. The mother has acknowledged that it became uncomfortable to have the child on her lap for a long time and she fashioned a bed for the child on the floor out of coats etc.
It was not the fault of the hospital. As far as fault is concerned maybe you should be looking at the conservative party in whose name the government starved the NHS of funds over the last 10 years.
Yes, the conservatives have constantly stated that the NHS is receiving more funds now than it did in 2010, but this hides the fact that even an increase of £1 would justify such a claim and reality is that spending has fallen well behind in real terms.

However let's not forget that Boris has promised an extra 40 hospitals (or is that really updating 4 and planning for the remaining 36, whatever that means :lol: ) and that will be staffed by an extra 50,000 medical staff (which is made up of an actual extra 30,000 over today's staff levels plus the 20,000 that they expect to be lost over the next few years :roll: ). Although who knows where these extra staff will come from after the delays caused by the bureaucracy involved in allowing extra immigrants with nursing qualifications that the conservatives have trumpeted they will introduce if and when they achieve a majority in parliament
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Jimgw

The little boy had tonsillitis, not pneumonia.

I'm still waiting for your reply to my questions, and if you make accusations, you should be in a position to provide proof.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Every article I've read or watched referred to the young boy having suspected pneumonia, your comment is the first I've seen which refers to tonsilitis. Let's face it , it's a sad state of affairs even if he had a cut finger but no doubt just a prelude of what's to come.

Below is a link to the Tory Bible, the Sun

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/10510584/ ... tal-floor/

Or this one

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-leeds-50713236

Jim