Farage interview with The Donald

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
Jimgward

Farage interview with The Donald

Post by Jimgward »

Hate Farage’s politics, but he does get around - interview with Trump where he endorses Boris and Farage for leadership of the UK - when it’s an unwritten law that you dont get involved in other countries politics close to an election ...

https://www.lbcnews.co.uk/uk-news/lbc-w ... interview/
Jimgward

Re: Farage interview with The Donald

Post by Jimgward »

So Trump has said:
"If Corbyn is PM its bad, very bad for the UK"
"If Corbyn becomes PM a trade deal with the USA is virtually impossible"

Even when you expect him to be shocking sometimes just sometimes you are blown away by some of the outrageous stuff he gets away with saying
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Mind you, an endorsement by Trump could be the kiss of death.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Sorry, but both Trump and Farage are out and out pillocks!
In fact, I'd even spare Boris from his fate in the ditch and shove those two in instead....
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Jimgward wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:02 pm So Trump has said:

Even when you expect him to be shocking sometimes just sometimes you are blown away by some of the outrageous stuff he gets away with saying
Didn’t Obama make a comment about trade deals and Britain being at the back of the queue during referendum?
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Jimgym wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:40 pm

Didn’t Obama make a comment about trade deals and Britain being at the back of the queue during referendum?
Oh, you have a voice? What relevance is that to what was said?
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Jimgym

Quite so, all part of remain propaganda, no-one was horrified by what Obama said, so why pick on something Trump has said, true or otherwise. I have no respect for the man, but he is the President of the USA, there are not many in the world as powerful as him.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Jimgward wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:20 pm
Jimgym wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:40 pm

Oh, you have a voice? What relevance is that to what was said?
Oh come off it.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Les Bean wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:38 pm
Firefly wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:42 pm Jimgym

Quite so, all part of remain propaganda, no-one was horrified by what Obama said, so why pick on something Trump has said, true or otherwise. I have no respect for the man, but he is the President of the USA, there are not many in the world as powerful as him.
There's a massive difference between a comment on a possible trade deal, and personal comments, both derogatory and praising, and breaking accepted international protocol which says you don't interfere in another country's election process
It wasn't a comment on a trade deal, it was a comment on the referendum.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... rade-talks

Barack Obama: Brexit would put UK 'back of the queue' for trade talks

US president, visiting London, says ‘part of being friends is being honest’ as he lays out perils of leave vote in EU referendum
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

There's a massive difference between a comment on a possible trade deal, and personal comments, both derogatory and praising, and breaking accepted international protocol which says you don't interfere in another country's election process
My point!
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Which is incorrect !
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

What is incorrect? Les' post seems OK to me.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

As has been said before, and to reiterate, Obama made comments about the referendum.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Trump made a personal attack on Corbyn and interfeared in the GE that is a legal process which is world's apart from Obamas comments about the referendum which as you know Alan was only advisory.

Jim
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Not worlds apart at all Jim, unless you mean in people’s attitudes? Both were wrong to interfere, irrespective of ones political views.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Jim B

Obama had, in my opinion, been asked by Cameron to warn Brexit voters, all of us, not just one man, of dire consequences if the referendum result was to leave the EU. Trump referred to trade deals, as did Obama.

Why we were constantly told by politicians that the referendum was a 'once in a lifetime vote' and that 'we, the people would decide', if it was purely advisory. Lies and more lies.

As I see it Trump and Obama BOTH tried to influence a public vote in the UK. I, and many others, will not be at all concerned what the leader of a foreign country has to say, or allow it to colour the way we vote.