Dominic Locking Brexit Thread

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
WHL

Dominic Locking Brexit Thread

Post by WHL »

Dominic any chance of you locking every other Brexit related thread on the Forum, :lol:
The Aquila

Re: Dominic Locking Brexit Thread

Post by The Aquila »

I don’t think it will Lloyd, it’ll either be full of “I told you so” or “this is what you voted for” :lol:
June

Post by June »

The Aquila wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:51 pm I don’t think it will Lloyd, it’ll either be full of “I told you so” or “this is what you voted for” :lol:
:D :D :D
WHL

Post by WHL »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:31 pm You say that, but it's evident you read them all, from your occasional posts thereon ;)

I'll make a prediction (yes, yet another :lol: ): after Brexit is done, dusted and put to bed, the Political forum will be like a graveyard. Over the past three years 95% of the many hundreds of threads were Brexit-related.
No couldn't read them all, more of a glance, my beef its taken over everything, there's so much that needs to be put on the front burner, crime, health etc but until this bloody Brexit gets resolved, nothing else will get a chance.
jeba

Post by jeba »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:05 amThat's a hefty price to pay with, as far as I can see, not one tangible benefits to leaving.
There clearly has been a benefit already. It helped to promote art. Or do you think this picture would have sold for 12 million had it not been for Brexit: https://www.luxuo.com/culture/culture-f ... llion.html?