Encouraging news over Brexit.

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
jeba

Re: Encouraging news over Brexit.

Post by jeba »

Seems the mood is turning against Brexit:
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

If what the link on my post states about medical treatment is correct then the affects to many on long term medical treatment is catastrophic and going to be life changing for many.
I'm not gloating and saying I told you so, just amazed that people didnt think things through, about what would happen if everything didnt go as promised..

Jim
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

And there are so many people I see on various travel groups and forums still asking about property for sale, moving overseas on a permanent basis and how easy is it to get work and relevant paperwork....
A huge blow, but not entirely unexpected.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

https://fedtrust.co.uk/why-putin-wanted ... -in-no-10/

Article details Russian links to Brexit, Boris et al and why the report on Russia is being suppressed
Varky

Post by Varky »

To all you Bremoaners and hindsight experts. 4 years ago the country voted to leave. 6 months ago Boris Johnston got elected with a whopping majority under the banner of 'Let's get Brexit done'. These are the only polls that should be considered. Opinion polls are notable for their inaccuracy depending upon the numbers polled. So get over it. Rightly or wrongly we will be leaving the EU.

Whether Brexit should be the winning platform for a general election is another matter and discussion under a different thread.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Vardy
Why do you immediately have to start name calling, I asked a simple question about losing health cover?
Did you consider we could lose healthcare in Cyprus or did you believe everything Gove and Blojo told you, that nothing would change.

Jim
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Personally I will be glad that at last, our farmers will be able to vaccinate cattle against TB, badger culls will not, or should not, have a place in our society.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
jeba

Post by jeba »

Jim B wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:30 am Did you consider we could lose healthcare in Cyprus or did you believe everything Gove and Blojo told you, that nothing would change.
From what I understand from the link nothing will change for those who have emigrated already. Only for those who will as of January 2021. Am I wrong?
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Firefly wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:32 am Personally I will be glad that at last, our farmers will be able to vaccinate cattle against TB, badger culls will not, or should not, have a place in our society.
The nature of protective immunity to mycobacterial infection is complex and still only partly understood. Pathogenic mycobacteria evade and exploit the immune system of the host to their advantage (Raja 2004), meaning that infected animals do not readily clear the infection. As a result of this evasion of the immune system, BCG does not induce full protective immunity in all individuals. Thus, a proportion of vaccinated humans and animals can still be infected and develop disease (Barreto and others 2006, Dye 2013, Waters and others 2012). However, laboratory studies have demonstrated that vaccination with BCG can reduce the progression and severity of TB and the excretion of M bovis in both badgers and cattle (Buddle and others 1995, Lesellier and others 2011).

Vaccination against tuberculosis in badgers and cattle: an overview of the challenges, developments and current research priorities in Great Britain

M. A. Chambers, BSc, PhD1, S. P. Carter, BSc, PhD2, G. J. Wilson, BSc, PhD2, G. Jones, BSc, PhD3, E. Brown, MSc, MA, VetMB MRCVS4, R. G. Hewinson, BSc, DPhil3 and M. Vordermeier, BSc, PhD3

Badger culls and vaccinations are an essential weapon against cattle TB. Vaccination of cattle alone is not 100% effective, or close to it. You need both to be reasonably (NOT 100%) safe.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

jeba wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:33 am
Jim B wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:30 am Did you consider we could lose healthcare in Cyprus or did you believe everything Gove and Blojo told you, that nothing would change.
From what I understand from the link nothing will change for those who have emigrated already. Only for those who will as of January 2021. Am I wrong?
Jeba

I may be wrong but under the section reciprocal health care it states there won't be any long term health care.

Jim
Diocletian

Post by Diocletian »

As a brexiteer, I am simply looking forward to not being a part of the bloc. I never wanted to join it in the first place and am glad that we are out of it now. As for opinion polls. They were nearly all wrong at the time and as a previous comment stated , the only effective opinion poll on the matter was the GE of 2019.
Ticking away, the moments that make up a dull day.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

I'm sure those who voted leave feel no need to CONSTANTLY defend their choice to anyone. the country made its choice, and the loudest voice was the one at the ballot box, and not social media!
Personally I don't look to Twitter for anything, least of all comments to bolster my argument. That really is getting to desperation levels.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Les Bean wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:11 pm
Varky wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:46 am To all you Bremoaners and hindsight experts. 4 years ago the country voted to leave. 6 months ago Boris Johnston got elected with a whopping majority under the banner of 'Let's get Brexit done'. These are the only polls that should be considered. Opinion polls are notable for their inaccuracy depending upon the numbers polled. So get over it. Rightly or wrongly we will be leaving the EU.

Whether Brexit should be the winning platform for a general election is another matter and discussion under a different thread.
Rather than "hindsight experts", more like "foresight experts" at the time. 😁😁
Thanks for the best laugh I've had today!
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Alan
I'm sure if you care to trawl back through posts about four years ago you will find many posts that claimed Brexit would cost British living abroad dearly.
I'm also sure you were one of the Cheerleaders crying "Project Fear" and tthere would be very little affect.
Now you may be young enough, healthy enough or wealthy enough not to have to worry about healthcare but unfortunately theres many on this forum who are not in that fortunate position so enjoy your laugh while they worry about what's going to happen.
Les was quite right, we had the foresight to see there would be problems leaving the EU, maybe not specific problems but problems nevertheless.

Jim
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Jim B wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:54 pm Alan
I'm sure if you care to trawl back through posts about four years ago you will find many posts that claimed Brexit would cost British living abroad dearly.
I'm also sure you were one of the Cheerleaders crying "Project Fear" and tthere would be very little affect.
Now you may be young enough, healthy enough or wealthy enough not to have to worry about healthcare but unfortunately theres many on this forum who are not in that fortunate position so enjoy your laugh while they worry about what's going to happen.
Les was quite right, we had the foresight to see there would be problems leaving the EU, maybe not specific problems but problems nevertheless.

Jim
Oh so you are saying Project Fear was a myth are you?

Please don't ever try and paint Remain voters as prescient, that is very far from the truth.

My circumstances are completely and utterly irrelevant to the debate but I will say quite frankly that I am heartily sick of reading comments on here from people who do nothing but whinge and complain about a democratic (that word you dislike) vote.

The minority who expect leave voters to continuously defend their reasons for voting when in point of fact it has bugger all to do with anyone else and nobody needs to defend their choices in the polling booth. The vote was to leave, and that is what Britain is doing.

If those who are bitterly complaining put their attentions to something constructive, perhaps the world might be a slightly better place.

You talk of there being no honour in politics, well take a good look at BOTH sides of the Brexit divide for that.
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

Jim B , you appear to be trying to scare people with what you have read in an unknown source “Europe Street “ .....who are they ?

I choose to believe what I read on a Uk government site . “ If you’re living in Cyprus before the end of 2020, your rights to access healthcare in Cyprus will stay the same for as long as you remain legally resident.

This means you’ll continue to get state healthcare in Cyprus from 1 January 2021 on the same basis as a Cypriot resident.”

If what you are saying is true it would also apply to all the countries with brits living in them , France , Spain , Portugal etc .

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/healthcare-in-cyprus
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Mr Blobby you believe what you want to believe.
Heres a link from the BBC saying exactly the same as Europe street.
I always check the legitimacy of websites unlike some and this is one of many that say the same thing; no Brexit Deal, no health care
The right wing press who support Brexit dont publish articles like this because they dont want people like you to know what's really happening just like the government website.
Europestreet by the way is a European rights magazine, Google it.
Yes it will affect every Brit living in EU countries but as I said you believe what you want to believe.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-47213212
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Jimgym wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:51 pm
Jim B wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:54 pm Alan

Jim
Oh so you are saying Project Fear was a myth are you?

Please don't ever try and paint Remain voters as prescient, that is very far from the truth.

My circumstances are completely and utterly irrelevant to the debate but I will say quite frankly that I am heartily sick of reading comments on here from people who do nothing but whinge and complain about a democratic (that word you dislike) vote.

The minority who expect leave voters to continuously defend their reasons for voting when in point of fact it has bugger all to do with anyone else and nobody needs to defend their choices in the polling booth. The vote was to leave, and that is what Britain is doing.

If those who are bitterly complaining put their attentions to something constructive, perhaps the world might be a slightly better place.

You talk of there being no honour in politics, well take a good look at BOTH sides of the Brexit divide for that.
Let's wait and see when the Russian Report comes out (if ever) and see if the referendum was as democratic as you claim it was. Putin claims all his elections are democratic as well.

Yes I am saying Project Fear was a myth, factories are closing etc, wait till January 2020 and then tell me it was a myth. The UK is still operating under EU rules

I do say Remainers have been pragmatic in their approach, putting our country before any short term benefits to a few billionaires.
The people are finally realising they've been conned by a group of Charlatons, a large majority now want to stay in the EU.

There is no honour among politicians, especially amongst the gang g of crooks who are giving their pals lucrative contracts and the charlatans who are presently running the country.

And finally no ones asking you to defend your position, you choose to jump in and do that yourself, I wonder why?

Jim
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

Thanks Jim B , I now understand it all depends on bexit no deal , which could happen .

If we do loose health care we will move back to the U.K. . We rent our villa , so no problem for us .
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Mrblobby wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:59 pm Thanks Jim B , I now understand it all depends on bexit no deal , which could happen .

If we do loose health care we will move back to the U.K. . We rent our villa , so no problem for us .
Mr Blobby
I was not trying to scare people, only to warn them of what looks to be on the cards if there's no deal which looks pretty likely at the moment. It doesn't really matter who we blame, be it the UK or the EU it is the British people in the EU who rely on reciprocal health care who will suffer the most.
As you said, this won't just affect Cyprus, it will cause chaos across EU countries with tens of thousands of British doing the same as you propose and imagine the consequences to the British economy and NHS.

Jim