Encouraging news over Brexit.

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
Firefly

Re: Encouraging news over Brexit.

Post by Firefly »

Dominic

I don't believe that the current Parliament will ever be happy with any deal, most want to remain. It's up to the people to make sure that the right M.P.s are elected who will agree to Brexit.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Lloyd, #

Yes I would be happy with a 'no deal' Brexit.

Wrapping up in cotton wool never got anyone anywhere, if we have to go it alone, so be it.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Boris defeated again on the motion put forward and voted on this evening.
The story continues....
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Does anybody have any idea what is going on now? I hear the withdrawal bill has now been dropped.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Does anybody have any idea what is going on now? I hear the withdrawal bill has now been dropped.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Firefly wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:48 pm So bring on the General Election, then we can vote the Brexit Party in. This fiasco has gone on too long now.
So, you’d vote for a party with NO manifesto and only 1 reason for existing.... to rule for 5 years, with a fascist like Farage in charge? Dearly dear
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Meanwhile....
It's Bye Bye to the Brexit 50p
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50215983
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Lloyd

No point in arguing with you, you failed to vote, you complain bitterly about the result, then post every remain article that you can find. It's boring. The words used in the article you posted are 'Brexit uncertainty' and 'S & P predicts', not written in stone then, just someone's opinion.

L.B

It is my belief that most do. It has been shown that even M.P.s who are supposed to represent their constituents have voted to remain, in spite of an overwhelming leave vote. Had Parliament had the courage to deliver Brexit in 2016, this would have been all done and dusted. I always said that I shan't live to see Brexit, if I do, it will probably be a deal that leaves us shackled to the EU anyway.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Jimgward wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:34 pm
Firefly wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:48 pm So bring on the General Election, then we can vote the Brexit Party in. This fiasco has gone on too long now.
So, you’d vote for a party with NO manifesto and only 1 reason for existing.... to rule for 5 years, with a fascist like Farage in charge? Dearly dear
So tell us, who will you be voting for ?
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Jimgym wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:00 pm
Not labour or the Tories.... Haven't made my mind up, likely SNP or LibDems....
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Jimgward wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:20 pm

Oh dear.....
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Jimgym wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:22 pm

Oh dear.....
And who would you vote for?
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Official Monster Raving Loony Party

This name could also be used by Boris & Co., if it hadn't already been used.
Beechwood

Post by Beechwood »

As a remainer my vote will be going to the Lib Dems. Time to revoke Article 50 and work together with our (extremely patient) friends in the EU to give us all a bright future.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

You are correct Lloyd; talking to my Leaver sister the other day and during the whole conversation she was complaining about how the cost of her weekly food shop had risen by nearly 50% over the last three years. Not being one to check their outgoings I'm pretty certain our food bill hasn't risen by anything like that amount over the same period.
If I suggest it's down to the affects of Brexit she just does not want to know and as you stated; there's none so blind....
I used to say to my lad when he was young; there's two ways to learn a lesson, the hard way and the easy way and I believe a lot of Leavers will learn the hard way.
We've already had a Minister, James Cleverly admit yesterday they will change workers rights after Brexit. The thin end of the wedge.

Jim
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Well my next few days will be tied up with paperwork getting information ready and cross referenced in readiness for the knocking on doors.

We weren't anticipating it would be quite so soon but we have already made some inroads.

If you are eligible to vote (those who left UK less than 15yrs ago) and want to have your say, please get your postal request in.

Being apathetic then moaning about it later is as much use as a chocolate teapot!

https://www.gov.uk/voting-when-abroad
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Jimgward wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:36 pm
Jimgym wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:22 pm

Oh dear.....
And who would you vote for?
Still waiting - and you’ve been on the forum! ~choosing to have double standards?
Varky

Post by Varky »

Jim B wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:36 am You are correct Lloyd; talking to my Leaver sister the other day and during the whole conversation she was complaining about how the cost of her weekly food shop had risen by nearly 50% over the last three years. Not being one to check their outgoings I'm pretty certain our food bill hasn't risen by anything like that amount over the same period.
Jim
As we haven't Brexited yet, surely the increase in the weekly food shop cannot be accredited to Brexit?
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Varky wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:52 pm
Jim B wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:36 am You are correct Lloyd; talking to my Leaver sister the other day and during the whole conversation she was complaining about how the cost of her weekly food shop had risen by nearly 50% over the last three years. Not being one to check their outgoings I'm pretty certain our food bill hasn't risen by anything like that amount over the same period.
Jim
As we haven't Brexited yet, surely the increase in the weekly food shop cannot be accredited to Brexit?
Varky

A sign of things to come no doubt.

I wouldn't think fruit and vegetables rotting in the fields because there's no EU Labour coming to pick it is bringing costs down either.

Jim
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Varky wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:52 pm
Jim
We shop on a weekly basis with my mum and her friend each Saturday morning at Morrisons supermarket.
We returned to UK a few months before the Referendum in 2016.
In the last 2 years we've seen a regular pattern in our supermarket. Stock is often running down, disappears then the space doesn't get filled again for 3 - 4 weeks at a time.
It's not always the same products which are running out, it's stuff on a regular basis which comes from different places.
It wasn't happening in the first year - 2016 but certainly since the middle of 2017.

We also see empty shelves in other stores that we visit, with the exception of Lidl.