Encouraging news over Brexit.

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
Firefly

Re: Encouraging news over Brexit.

Post by Firefly »

I find it sad that people hide behind anonymity on forums, posting nasty comments to fellow posters, things that they would never dare say to their faces.

Surely we can all make a point, without being rude to one another.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Firefly wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:01 pm I find it sad that people hide behind anonymity on forums, posting nasty comments to fellow posters, things that they would never dare say to their faces.

Jackie
Sorry! Some people say things that inspire rudeness, no names, no pack drill.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Jimgym wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:35 amo
Haha, oh please, you call members of the Government "twats" is that your idea of debating? Now that is truly laughable.

I don't have any ideology, apart from rebutting the constant stream of drivel from left wingers
Alan

The word you quoted, I know, from where we both come from is looked on as one of the rudest, derogatory words imaginable but what I have realised is that in other areas of the UK it's just another descriptive adjective that I've seen used many, many times on many different forums and even heard it on TV.

Your second paragraph is a contradiction in terms dont you think?
If you believe were a bunch of Whinginging Left Wingers then I can only think you've not met many.
Most who disagree with your view on this forum, to me, appear to be middle of the road and just dont blindly support a facist cabal that has taken over the Conservative Party..

Jim
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Firefly wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:01 pm I find it sad that people hide behind anonymity on forums, posting nasty comments to fellow posters, things that they would never dare say to their faces.

Jackie
I Think you will find that jimgym ‘cast the first stone’ - with his remarks to me... I said very little back...
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Jimgym wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:51 pm
Jimgward wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:35 pm
Jimgym wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:00 pm Oh well, lets cancel Brexit then because someone posted something on Twitter. Jesus wept!
Ye'd gie a glass eye, the weep.... so ye wid....
Oh would I, and reading the constant stream of drivel and general whingeing crap you post, who could blame me eh. Stop giving it out if you cant take the flak back.
Methinks that’s where the name calling started...,. What I said is a funny statement used in Scotland...
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Jackie
Totally agree, you have
Jim Ward
Les Bean
Lloyd (HIC) Who has his website and contact details plastered all over the site
Jim B which is my real name and surname initial and real contact details available in personal information section.

Then you have

Firefly
Jimgym
Diocitian
Theres loads more but it appears most working under anonymity are either Brexiteers or Conservatives, I wonder why.

Jim Buchan
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Jim

How do I know if the names you quote are genuine ? I could say that I'm called Jackie Johnson, but I'm not.

I still say that things posted on here, would never be said to a person's face, one might even end up in A & E. I think it's best to bear that in mind before posting, as one day you might meet. This happened to me on C.L. the person was quite abrupt bordering on rude, in his post in response to mine, he thought that he was anonymous, but I worked out who he was, when we met by chance I told him so. Do you know, from that day on, that guy was so nice to me. Funny what a difference a face to face meeting makes.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Well I know mine is real, it's the name on my Birth Certificate with my middle name Stewart. I know Lloyd's name is real as I've met him personally and as said it's on his web site Safety First, I dont think he would be working under an alias, do you?
I think Les is too long in the tooth to work under an alias and Jim Ward is who he says he is, doesn't come across as a wilting flower.

Jim
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Jim B

Wilting flower ? what are you getting at ? You studiously ignored the main part of my post.

There are people who post on here who know me personally, and my surname, which I have no intention of posting on here. Why should I ? You are deliberately trying to needle me I think. It won't wash, and I won't rise to the bait. :D

Have a nice day Jim, what's left of it.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

I have used my proper name on her, Cyprus Living previously and on Paphos People and true Eastern Forum - never tried to hid who I am - Dominic will have my IP and email address with same name on that... so unless I am a total Walter Mitty - I am, who I am - Exodus 3:14
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Britons being refused job interviews in Europe because of Brexit, MPs told

Loss of free movement rights means UK workers not suitable for many professional roles

Jon StonePolicy Correspondent @joncstone
1 day ago
206 comments
British citizens living in the EU are increasingly being refused job interviews because of their impending Brexit loss of free movement rights, MPs have been told.

Representatives of British in Europe, an umbrella organisation representing the 1.2 million British people living on the continent, said the loss of rights was “already real” for many people living abroad.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...- ... 93066.html
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

I may be Devil, but anyone can know my real name and many here do. It is Brian Ellis, if you must know, but I've never hidden it. It does not need a Sherlock for anyone to find it out. "Devil's new book on energy and the environment now available" reveals it, anyway.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

I'm not needling anyone: you made a comment implying that we who disagree with you hide behind a cloak of anonymity and I pointed out it's actually you and your fellow right wingers who are actually the ones who are doing that.
I'm not in the least interested in knowing your real name and certainly wouldn't bother trying to track you or anyone else for that matter.
Jim
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

We were told Brexit was about taking back control, well it looks like Gove, Johnson and Cummings are taking back control for themselves.

David Hencke is an award winning investigative journalist who writes for Westminister Confidential and many other newspapers.

Well worth a read.

Jim

https://davidhencke.com/2020/06/21/welc ... -cummings/
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Jim B wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:49 am you and your fellow right wingers who are actually the ones who are doing that.
WTF has being right, left or centre got to do with hiding identity?
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Devil wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:41 am
Jim B wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:49 am you and your fellow right wingers who are actually the ones who are doing that.
I was wondering but didn't want to ask.....!
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Jimgym wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:01 am
Devil wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:41 am
I was wondering but didn't want to ask.....!
I think you should ask Firefly, she brought it up in the first place.

Jim
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Jim B

My point, which you do not address, is that because someone is not face to face with another forum member, i.e. hiding behind a post, seems to give them the automatic right to insult another poster. However, if one was face to face with them, they would not have the guts to express those insults.

As it happens, I do not give my surname purely to protect my family, personally, I will be quite happy to meet a few of you on my next trip to Cyprus for an actual face to face, then let's see who's up for trading insults.

L.B

Got it in one.
Diocletian

Post by Diocletian »

My name in response to this amusing thread is, Nicholas Dykes. I choose Diocletian because he was an interesting character who rose from being a working class chap to becoming an Augustus and ruling the Roman Empire before retiring.
Ticking away, the moments that make up a dull day.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Firefly wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:32 am Jim B

My point, which you do not address, is that because someone is not face to face with another forum member, i.e. hiding behind a post, seems to give them the automatic right to insult another poster. However, if one was face to face with them, they would not have the guts to express those insults.

As it happens, I do not give my surname purely to protect my family, personally, I will be quite happy to meet a few of you on my next trip to Cyprus for an actual face to face, then let's see who's up for trading insults.

L.B

Got it in one.
Jackie
I dont believe I've ever said anything personally insulting to anyone to upset them and haven't said anything I wouldn't say face to face. I've never hidden my identity behind any post and used the same name since "The Cyprus Property Owners....."and I'm certain if I had of Dominic would have either gave me a warning or banned me.

Jim