A simple question for Brexiteers...

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
Dominic
Site Admin

Re: A simple question for Brexiteers...

Post by Dominic » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:35 pm

Firefly wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:00 pm
Lloyd

I have chosen not to post much because very recently I lost my dear husband of 45 years.

Do not point the finger when you do not know what is going on in someone else's life. Your usual 'go' at me is not welcome at this time.
Sorry for your loss, Firefly. :(
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.

Termites Dream

Post by Termites Dream » Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:56 pm

Firefly wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:00 pm
Lloyd

I have chosen not to post much because very recently I lost my dear husband of 45 years.

Do not point the finger when you do not know what is going on in someone else's life. Your usual 'go' at me is not welcome at this time.
I to am sorry to read this post....TD

Jimgym

Post by Jimgym » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:11 pm

So very sorry to read your post, my condolences to you at this awful time. I’m away at present so not posting much. Sad also to see someone making such pathetic digs. About time he grew up.

Jimgym

Post by Jimgym » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:15 pm

Happy in Cyprus wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:45 am
Dominic wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:10 am
Leavers will probably be ignoring HiCs' posts but that is hardly surprising, given their tone. If you make your bed you lie in it.

Ah, but they don't ignore my posts, you see. They respond with uniformly snide comments, followed invariably by a Like from Firefly, who has never provided one single justification or benefit arising from Brexit. All she ever does is Like posts from Brexiteers. No proper debate or argument from Leavers, because there are no counter-arguments. Whatsoever.

It is now clear to all that there was, and is, no justification for Brexit; for a break from our closest neighbours and allies; our tried and trusted trading partners of so many decades. The EU which has provided so many benefits, protections and safeguards for both consumer and employee alike.

Over the past three years Brexiteers have rubbished and dismissed as scaremongering the many warnings Remainers gave as to the likely outcome of Brexit. Alongside me, Jimgward and Jim B have been the most vocal and critical.

And now the crows are coming home to roost. Unless a miracle happens, the UK is likely to leave without a deal. After which time the pound will slump, the cost of imports will increase correspondingly and imports and exports to/from the UK will be subject to onerous World Trade tariffs. There will be chaos and delays at ports of entry, shortages of fresh food, medicines and other commoditities and the government has said that it will spend up to £30 billion a year keeping the UK economy afloat. £30 billion!!! What a price to pay for Brexit.

UK residents will in future be treated as Third Country Nationals throughout Europe, with no automatic right to live, work, study and set up business. The UK is split down the middle, even within families. The housing market is stagnant/declining and recession is looming: https://news.sky.com/story/recession-fe ... p-11826101. Many Europeans who work in the UK will return home because they feel no longer welcome in the UK. Their loss will be deeply felt in agriculture, the service sector and hospitals and social care. Who will replace them?

And the government has still to find new trading partners to come anywhere close to replacing the 27 in the EU. And then do deals with them. And who realistically thinks madman Trump has a genuine desire to become an altruistic saviour to the UK? Who'd want to jump into bed with Trump and dance to his tune? And that assumes he's not impeached anytime soon. Just a few days ago he imposed hefty tariffs on a wide range of UK exports to the USA. Some ally, some friend. Not!

So I await one, just one, benefit which will arise from the UK's departure from the EU, to compensate for all the foregoing.

Surely there must be a massive plus which we Remainers have somehow missed out on?
Congratulations on hitting a new low.

Happy in Cyprus

Post by Happy in Cyprus » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:58 am

Jackie, like others I wish to express my sincere condolencies and utmost sympathy at your loss.

Happy in Cyprus

Post by Happy in Cyprus » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:01 am

Jimgym wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:15 pm
Congratulations on hitting a new low.

By questioning the madness of Brexit and it's likely implications going forward I'm not sure why you feel I have hit 'a new low'. But no matter.

As all other Brexiteers on Paphos Life have so far failed to do so, could you please enlighten me with one good thing which will result from Brexit?

I'm not asking for ten good things...just one. Can't be too difficult, surely?

Jim B

Post by Jim B » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:11 am

Jackie

My sincere and heartfelt condolences to both you and your family.

Jim

Les Bean

Post by Les Bean » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:25 am

Firefly, I don't know you, but having been married myself for over 50 years I can imagine your sorrow. My condolences

Jimgward

Post by Jimgward » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:01 pm

Jackie - sincere heartfelt sympathy, terrible news.

lionelcyprus

Post by lionelcyprus » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:12 pm

Indeed. May he rest in peace. Amen.
Dominus illuminatio mea

Road Warrior

Post by Road Warrior » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:42 pm

Jackie, I am so sorry for your loss, heartfelt condolences ♥️♥️♥️
When one door closes, another one slams in your face.......

PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady » Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:44 pm

It is indeed a sad loss for Jackie - my condolences to her too.

But, I don't feel these posts should be on this thread.... maybe Dominic could make it separate?
It is I, LeClerc :lol:

Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:29 pm

I shall make a copy of this thread and strip out the non-condolence posts, then post it as a separate thread in general.

I shall also lock this.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.